Twenty-Fourth Emotions

____________________________________________________

Zarth looked at Lucy intently. His deep set of eyes bored unto hers, she felt so fragile inside his arms and he could probably spend the day just holding her like that and memorizing her face.

He still couldn't believe everything, it was as if he had been living inside a dream for months now. Lucy was brought in his life from the skies, literally.

On that fateful day, he never expected that the weird woman he met on that day was something beyond his imagination, he never believed in anything supernatural, be it angels, demons, faeries and whatever mythical creature you throw at him.

But that day, months ago his eyes witnessed something much more than he could possibly imagine. A half demon and a half angel. A breed so different from the rest, a face so exquisite unlike the others.

Once again he looked at the smiling Lucy in his arms, the dazzling halfling who fell into his life an within a snap managed to take over his boring existence. His life adjusted for Lucy to fit in, at first she was just a severe annoyance, a bossy and unbelievable annoyance! But things gradually and drastically changed and without warning, Zarth just found himself falling for her, hard and fast! Her little space in his heart burned through everything!

Lucy dominated everything as he found his life centering on her, every decision now concerns her, every step he's about to make, her every smile made his days complete and happy, he just wanted to have Lucy in his arms at every waking hour.

Heck! he doesn't even care now if she's an angel-slash-demon anymore for crying out loud. Tomorrow will take care of itself, right now he just wants her to know his overwhelming feelings which haunted him for a long while now.

Zarth reached a hand to brush off a strand of red hair from Lucy's face while the latter eyed him carefully.

"Lucy...I need to tell you something." he hushed, he will confess his feelings to Lucy now! without any assurance that she might like him back! but fuck everything, he'll let Lucy know! He'll take the risk.

"It's been a long---" he started but just then a slight knock on the door disrupted their atmosphere, darn it! Zarth facepalmed as Lucy faced the direction of the door.

"Zarth? Are you here?" a voice from the cabin called out, Zarth groaned in frustration as Lucy got up, Carissa was outside, Lucy's brows crossed upon realizing that her spell had worn out, damn that bitch! what does she want now?

"Damn her" she silently muttered, maybe she should put a curse on Carissa instead, hey! that ain't a bad idea! she reluctantly stood up.

Zarth stood up and went outside, Lucy just followed him by her gaze, plotting on how to get rid of that leech Carissa.

"Carissa" Zarth greeted nonchalantly, he wondered why Carissa seems to be insisting herself to him now, after he rejected her, maybe it was her ego? but he didn't want any disturbances. He just wanted to confess to Lucy without any disturbances! is that too hard to ask for?