Chapter 25

Chapter Twenty Five- Flying Lessons

ONE MONTH LATER

Daegan awoke when a light kiss tickled his cheek. He smiled and then opened his eyes, looking up into Kieran's beautiful face.

"Good morning," she whispered, smiling as brightly as the sun shining outside.

"It's good now," Daegan commented, pulling her close to him. Kieran laughed and shooed his hands away.

"We need to get up," she managed to say between giggles, removing his hands off of her waist.

"But why?" Daegan whined like a child rolling onto his side, trying to grab her again. He managed to hold her down long enough to give her a couple of kisses on her lips, then her neck, before she shoved him off and stood out of the bed. She covered her naked body in a black silk robe and smiled down at him.

"I have a surprise."

"What is it?" Daegan sat up, his heart beginning to pound, but trying to remain calm.

"I'll tell you when you get up," she giggled again, disappearing into her bathing chambers. Daegan thumped back onto the bed, chuckling softly before finally getting himself up.

When he entered the dining chambers, he only found Dowan there, reading some papers while sipping his tea.

"Morning, my king. Sleep well?" He asked without glancing up.

"I don't get much sleep these days," Daegan quipped, stretching and giving his advisor a wink. Dowan just shook his head, grunting at Daegan's vulgarity. "And where is my lovely bride? She said she had news for me."

"She only grabbed a piece of bread and told me to tell you to meet her in the barn once you finished breaking your fast," Dowan answered. Daegan squinted questioningly, but Dowan merely shrugged in response. Daegan shrugged as well, quickly swallowing some egg and bread before washing it down with wine and leaving the room.

True to Daegan's word, he found Kieran in the barn, petting Koko. The baby dragon was no longer a baby, already the size of his mother and growing still. He had started flying, Daegan and Kieran watching him from below as he flew circles above them, but he hadn't been Ridden yet.

Daegan quietly walked up behind Kieran and grabbed her from behind. She was wearing a black vest and a long black skirt, her black Riding boots peeking out beneath the skirt. He circled his arms around her tiny waist and held her close to him, whispering, "So what is my surprise, my queen?"

Kieran turned around, still in his arms and smiled seductively up at him. She simply remarked, "He's ready."

Daegan looked at her, confused for a moment, then glanced up at Koko. He looked back at her and exclaimed, "Koko can be Ridden?" To which, Kieran nodded enthusiastically. Daegan picked her up and shook her with joy. "Then let's go!"

Kieran finished saddling Koko, then both of them hopped on, Kieran in front and Daegan behind her, just as they had the first time they'd Ridden together, on Sinopa's back. This time, Daegan had no qualms of keeping far from her, pressing his chest close to her back. Kieran led Koko out of the barn, walking, then instructed the dragon to start running. Once he'd reached a strong sprint, Kieran let the dragon do the rest. He spread his wings out on either side of him, letting the wind catch hold of the delicate limbs, and before anyone knew it, they were in the air.

They soared higher and higher, until everything below them was nothing but a small speck. Daegan closed his eyes and let the wind ruffle his hair, tousling it this way and that. He breathed in the summer gale and hugged Kieran closer to him, loving her warmth.

Kieran giggled and managed to expertly turn herself around so she was facing Daegan, her legs on either side of him, straddling him.

"Oh!" He remarked and they both laughed heartily. Kieran lifted her face up and they kissed, holding each other close as Koko did somersaults in the air. Kieran pulled away and smiled mischievously at Daegan. She lifted herself up a bit, hiking her skirts up around her waist, then quickly unlaced Daegan's trousers and brought herself back down so he was inside her. She rolled her hips against him, both of them moaning loudly and unabashedly, what with no one around to hear them. She grasped one hand in his hair, the other still holding onto the saddle, both of Daegan's hands holding onto her waist and guiding her as she moved on him.

"Quite the naughty girl our queen is," Daegan huffed out between grunts.

Kieran slowed her grinding, teasing him, and whispered hoarsely, "Only because the king is so excited all the--ah!-- time."

She continued rolling her hips on him as Koko continued flying through the air, oblivious of the action taking place on his back. They both groaned out at the finish and Kieran kissed Daegan slowly, as if she were taste-testing his lips. She pulled away and whispered against his ear, "I have one more surprise."

"I don't think this excited king could handle anymore," Daegan joked, rubbing her thighs with his strong hands.

Kieran moaned lightly and said into his ear, "We're going to have a little Summer baby."

Daegan stopped whatever movement he was making and sat still. Kieran wrapped in his arms, still straddling him and he was still inside her, Koko doing light and graceful twirls in the air. But he sat as if he were stone, until finally, he could breathe again. And after his breath came, he could blink again. And then he was able to turn his eyes to look into Kieran's and managed to say, "A baby?"

Kieran nodded, her face gleaming and joyful. Daegan moved his hands from her thighs to her shoulders and tried not to shake her.

"Are you sure?" He asked excitedly. He had been hoping for this, and he had thought her initial surprise this morning was in fact this news. When it had only been about Koko, he had forgotten about any thoughts of a baby. But now, he could feel his face breaking into the widest grin and he pulled Kieran in for a rough embrace, squeezing her like a plush toy.

Kieran pushed herself back a little and said, "How does my king feel now?"

"Like I'm king of all the world!" He exclaimed, embracing her again as they flew. They were, quite literally, on top of the world.

~THIS IS NOT THE END~

***

IMPORTANT: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING THIS FAR!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️ BUT the story isn't over yet! We still have WAY more romance, and even a WAR, ahead! I've already published the first few chapters of the next book THE EMERY CHRONICLES: THE RED KING'S ROMANCE, so go on and read ahead! Hope you enjoyed the Black King's story, and I hope you do read on and enjoy the Red King's! Love you all, please read and comment in the next installment of The Emery Chronicles!!