Ch.12 Plans

Annabeth's POV
"Annabeth can we talk?" Percy said running up the stairs to his room. I followed closely behind him.
"What's wrong Percy?"
"This is what's wrong." He said shoving a small rectangular box into my hand. I opened it and it was a cell phone with a very durable case.
"What's wrong with the phone, Percy?" I asked not seeing the problem.
"It was a gift from my dad. It has reception underwater and has all the numbers I may need, unlimited music, and it's monster proof."
"Wow, seaweed brain, you got a phone you could use at all times. That's cool. Was that all you wanted to tell me."
"Yes, except, Chiron told me to be careful because there is another threat and my dad said to keep in touch with my mom." He replied grabbing a piece of paper and a pen. I looked over his shoulder and saw what he was writing, barely, with my dyslexia and his it was horrible, but it said
Dear Mom,
How are you, Paul, and my lil' sis? Lil' sis is going to need a name and the Nursery will be worked on in winter break. I will call you every night with my new phone that dad, Poseidon, gave me. I'm good by the way, school is good and I will keep in touch.
~love Percy
P.S send blue cookies!!!
He rolled up the paper and tied it neatly. He turned to me with his cute sea-green eyes pleading.
"Can you go up to the owlery and send this letter to my mom? Please?"
"Fine, but you have to feed your cat."I countered
"Deal!" He finalized I kissed him on the cheek and went to send off his letter to his mom. When I got to the owlery I figured why is Percy sending Sally a letter when they can IM or talk on the phone. I walked back to the common room with the letter. When i walked into the common room I ran up to Percy's Room and saw his cat laying on his bed. I stroked her fur and then went to find Percy. I checked his bathroom, closet, then i went to check the lake. I found him looking at his phone like he was clueless to what it did. I ran over to him and and sat down.

"Hey. I thought you were going to feed καταιγίδα." I said.
"I did, and I thought you were going to send off my letter."
"Well I got there and thought why don't you call her on your new phone."
"I don't know how to." He confessed
"Seriously, you don't know how to work your phone."
"No I don't wise girl."
"Can I teach you?" I asked looking forward to the extra time we could spend together.
"Would you?"
"Gladly, let me see it." I said reaching out my hand for the phone. He handed it to me. I called Sally and handed him the phone.
"It's your mom."I said as he grabbed it and put it to his ear.
"Hey, Mom. It's me Percy. I was just calling to ask how you all are doing."
"That's good, how's the baby?"
"That's even better. I wanted to know if it was okay if Annabeth and I could work on the nursery on winter break."
"You are wow well, okay we will see you over winter break. Oh can you send some blue cookies?"
"Thanks bye." He ended and hung up the phone.
"So what did she say?" I asked annoyed because I couldn't hear the other half of the conversation.
"Well we can stay at there apartment during winter break and then help them move in to their new house and fix up the nursery." He answered
"Wow Perce that's great. Where are they moving?"
"Long Island."
"Oh there moving close to camp."
"Yea"
"That's good we can visit them and the baby more often."
"Yep."
"Okay so you want to go feed καταιγίδα now?"
"I already did!"
"Yea, okay." I said sarcastically. We walked back to the common room to keep Percy's cat alive. When we got there Percy ran up stairs to feed καταιγίδα. I turned to talk with Hermione but she was making out with Ron so I just went up to my room. I pulled out my homework and finished all of it within 20 minutes. (Perks of being a child of Athena) I started to practice spells with my wand. My wand was made with olive wood and it had cute owl engravings at the bottom and a little silver band at the top.
I practiced the fixing spell "Reparo" by breaking a pencil and fixing it with the spell. Then I practiced the levitation charm by levitating pillows off my bed. I also worked on the summoning charm by summoning books of the bookshelves, and using the banishing charm to send them back.
I was getting really hungry so I grabbed a nutri-gran bar and a water.
I walked into Percy's room to find him reading a magazine with καταιγίδα on his lap. He was looking at a magazine of nursery stuff. I walked over and sat next to him on the bed. He looked up.
"Do you want to design it now seaweed brain?" I asked knowing that he did.
"Yes, I already have the colors."
"And what are they?"
"Sea-foam green walls and light pink accents."
"I like them Percy."
"And I was thinking mermaids, starfish, and seashells for decorations."
"You got the sea theme down don't you."
"Yep, your ideas?"
"Well I was thinking white furniture, a toy box, changing table, and stenciling on the wall. Definitely a rocking chair, blankets, stuff animals, and clothes."
"Sounds good."
"What's her name going to be?"
"I don't know my mom won't tell me until she's here."
"Okay then I will sketch out the lay out and we can finish the design tomorrow and send Sally a copy. Okay?"
"Yep, see ya later"he gave me a kiss and shoved me out the door.
I walked to my room. I got out my sketch pad and started drawing out the layout starting with the room shape.
I got tired so I put that away and went to the bathroom. I waded my face, brushed my teeth, and took my hair down out of the braid. I got changed into my pajamas, which consisted of a camp half-blood t-shirt and some pajama shorts. I went to bed and fell into the darkness of sleep and nightmares of Tartarus and every other war I have been through.