Ch.20 The War

Annabeth's POV
We were starting to loose a grip, then Nico came with the campers and Thalia shortly after with the hunters.
The campers took their positions and charged.
Ares cabin was scattered and slaughtering everything in their paths, Hypnos cabin was putting opponents to sleep, Hermes and Hephaestus set up traps, Demeter caught them with the plants, Apollo shot arrows and attended the wounded, the hunters shot arrows and jumped from monster to monster. Other cabins jumped in where help was needed. I saw that three demigods looked oddly different first they weren't doing anything second I didn't know them.
I ran over to them.
"What are you doing just standing here? There is a war going on!" I asked them
"You think we are on your side? Your wrong! our dad, the one in black, is on the other side." A girl with braided brown hair, and startling blue eyes said.
"Just because your dads on that side doesn't mean you have to be. You can switch sides!" I said a a look of thought came over her and another girl with long black hair and silver eyes. But the boy, with blonde hair and blue eyes, snapped back,
"You have no idea. You live in a world where you get betrayed and thrown around by the gods, we haven't grown up in the easiest of homes but he took care of us."
"So did the gods now you can go back there and help your dad defeat us and you could die and not have a care in the world, but you have to be aware that our world was at peace, and you destroyed that peace." I saw a bright light and Chaos come out holding Emerson.
"NOOO!" I heard Percy yell. He started running but he was hit in the leg with an arrow and he fell to the ground. I tried to run to him but the three held me back.
"You are all monsters to let a baby die. You have to care some where deep down inside I know you have to." I said.
"Zach she's right we have been taught to do this to want a world with out them but is it better than what we had. Dad took us to see the most messed up parts, not the good peaceful parts. Can't you see we are just making things worse?" Suzy said.
"Yea Zach things could change for the better, your dad wants to make it worse." The other girl, Parker said.
"You have been brain washed. Dad wants to make it better for both of us. The gods our in his way." She said and helped me up. "You have to pick a side Zach. Do you want to be dads slave and do all his dirty work for him? You stay with me or you stay on that side and I take you down my self?" She pointed out to him.
"This is nothing compared to what we could have. I'm on dads side and you two will suffer what they will. Hope you choose well." He said. "Just so you know, I love you guys we were a family and you two ruined it, but it doesn't change the fact that I love you." He said and turned away.
"Wait," Suzy yelled after him, "I love you too, and I'm sorry." She said as she unsheathed her dagger with the word 'Night slayer' written in greek. She stabbed him in the chest and he fell to his knees with a glazed look over his eyes. Suzy fell to her knees and cradled her brothers lifeless body. I ran over to Percy and helped him stand up.
"Don't worry about me finish the war." He said his voice filled with pain.
"No I won't leave you."
"Please Annabeth, do it for me, I love you." He said.
"I'll do it to you if you go to the infirmary for me." I walked off and approached Chaos.
"Hey! You should pick on someone your own size." I held out my dagger.
"You think you can beat me by yourself?" He laughed.
"She's not alone!" A voice said behind me.
"Suzy, Parker? What do you mean?" He asked.
"They traded sides."
"Why would you do that?"
"Because you want to ruin the peace dad. You want to cause your name sake and destruction. I want to build up the world, and help it evolve." Suzy screamed.
"Hand me the baby." I said.
"No."
"Emerson, can you come to me, your the cutest kitty cat I have ever seen." I said gently to her. She shimmered and changed into a cat and jumped into my arms. I stroked her fur.

I stood there face to face with Chaos. The gods came and gathered around me.
"How do we send him to the depths of tartarus?" I asked them.
"All the major gods, a demigod, and a blessed child." My mom said.
"The gods, myself, and Emerson."
"Correct."
"Emerson, can you change into a big tiger and bite the bad man?" She giggled, shimmered and grew into a huge tiger. "Good job." We attacked him she bit his neck and I stabbed his lower back. The gods then attacked. There was lightning and a lot of lights. It was blinding that I fell to the ground. The lights were off and chaos was a pile of black dust.

I was so tired I wandered aimlessly through the battle field I sat in the middle of it all. I lay it surround me as I took it all in. Percy helped me stand up and he looked at me with care in his eyes.
"Wise girl, I love you, we have been through so much together even Tartarus. I have had you taken away from me and I can't live like that, I can't live with out you. I guess what I'm trying to say is..." He took a box out of his pocket and knelt down,"will you, Annabeth Chase, do me the honors of Marrying me?"
I was speechless I was so surprised of course I was going to marry him!
"YES! Seaweed brain you knew my answer I can't live with out you. I counted the seconds that went by when Hera took you away, the days I was on a quest without you, I thought of you. Your always in my thoughts Perseus Jackson. Of course I will marry you."

He picked me up and kissed me, I kissed back. I couldn't stop smiling. I am going to marry the love of my life!!