Chapter 19: Jake Is Here! Sonic's New Rival?

Amy sweat dropped at the tension in the room. Her boyfriend and best friend sat on her chairs facing each other. They were staring at the other person with a dark look, and you could literally see the sparks being sent from their eyes. The others were staring at the scene with amused looks.

"Okay!" She suddenly exclaimed with clapping her hands, destroying the tension. "So Jake, what brings you here?"

The squirrel's eyes widened in disbelief as he stood from his position. "W-What brings me--Amy, you were gone for YEARS! Did you think that we won't try to find you? Who do you think we are?!"

Sonic waved his hands as he moved to his girlfriend's side. "Hey, hey, hey, it's not her fault."

"I didn't say it was her fault!" Jake defended.

"But you made it sound like it was!" Sonic retorted with a glare.

"I only said why would she ask why I'm here! It's obvious that the reason I'm here is to take her back!"

"Oh, no you don't! You're not taking her away from me- us!"

"But she's the future of our kingdom!"

"Then find someone else!"

"Are you crazy?! We can't just randomly choose a person to be the kingdom's ruler!"

"Then don't choose randomly!"

"You little-"

"ENOUGH!" Amy yelled. "Why don't we sit down, and talk about this?" She said in a threatening manner that made both boys gulp in fear.

Knuckles snickered. "Oohh, she got them whipped!" Amy heard his comment and directed a glare in his way. He shrunk back in response. Shadow barked a laugh.

Once everyone was seated on Amy's long couch and seats, the pink hedgehog took the initiative to start the conversation. Even though the atmosphere was dull and calm, her mind was in a turmoil. She could barely even hear her own thoughts!

Is that normal?

"Jake, what happened after I left?"

"Well, the kingdom pretty much became chaotic."

"Chaotic?" Everyone echoed in a confused tone.

Jake sighed as he rubbed the back of his neck. "Amy is the queen of Rosalias. Of course everyone will panic. However-" He stared straight into Amy's eyes. She slightly flinched, lowering her head to avoid his gaze. "Even when everyone found out about your powers, they didn't hate nor fear you. In fact, they were worried. They know your kindness, princess. You want to maintain peace except declare wars. And they know that the future of the kingdom is in your hands and they couldn't ask for a better ruler."

Amy softly smiled at the last sentence. Then she remembered something. "Wait, before I fled...you were struck by my powers." She lifted her head. "I thought that you-"

"Were dead?" Jake finished as he laughed at the end. "Don't worry, I'm a tough nut to crack!"

She smiled at his display of strength. "So who looked after the kingdom?"

"The Auroras. They were happy to do so and the kingdom is now stable."

"How did you find me?"

Jake smiled at her. "After you left, the kingdom built a research facility that governs our planet, Metria. We tried to see if you were anywhere in the planet, and we based it off by scanning the levels of high energy, but you cannot simply be found. Only when our technology became more developed, our radar can reach other planets too!" He looked proud at this achievement while Tails look awed. "Then we got a reading on you in this planet so our scientists build a transporter that connects our worlds and here I am!" He finished with his arms spread wide and a grin on his face.