Chapter 7- Janus Appears Again

"Sonic put me down!" Amy silently yell. It was still night after all. She was still carried by the blue hedgehog bridal style and they, he, were running for minutes since Sonic didn't need to go full speed. Sonic suddenly stopped and gently placed Amy down who became slightly dizzy. When she regained her composure, her eyes wandered around but one look at the place already told her where they are. Tail's house.

Sonic grabbed her hand and dragged her inside. Amy didn't have the strength to pull her hand back. She was still tired after running from a shadow that wants to kill her so she can break the seal to defend herself. And that shadow happens to belong in another world from another universe.

Sonic motioned for her to sit on the couch while he ran upstairs. It only took 3 seconds for him to come back with a first aid kit and a bowl of water in his hands. He opened the kit and took a cotton ball from a plastic and dipped it in water. 

"So Ames, mind telling me what was that all about?" Sonic asked as he gently cleaned the wound of her knee from blood. Although his tone was curious and carefree, his eyes were dark and demanding.

She should have expected it. Sonic does not want his friends getting hurt.

Amy tried coming up with a lie but her mind was blank. "U-Um, uhh- you see, I was...that was...uhh." She mentally face palmed herself. 

Sonic applied a wound ointment on her knee. The pink hedgehog silently hissed but eventually calms down after a while. 

"I know when you are lying, Amy." Sonic stated as he placed a bandage on her knee. He took a cloth from the kit and soaked it in the water. He squeezed it to get the excess water and began to clean the dirt from her arms.

Amy blushed and averted her eyes away. "I-I can't." She whispered.

"And why not?" Amy winced at the venom in his tone.

"It will only put you in danger."

Sonic scoffed but dropped the topic off. From her heavy breathing, he concluded that she was dead tired. 'I will ask her tomorrow and I won't stop until I get my answers!' 

After cleaning all the dirt, he cleaned the cloth in the bowl and left it. He helped Amy up and asked, "You could sleep in the room Tails built for you. It's the one next to mine. There should be some extra clothes for you there since this is your second home." Amy nodded. 

A few years ago, Amy was once again kidnapped by the fat diabolical scientist. She was heavily injured and can't move. So Tails placed her in an extra room where no one used. Of course, after some time, it became her own room. Tails didn't mind though and helped her decorate it.

Amy walked to the stairs, aware of Sonic's stare, and tried to walk quickly but unnoticeable. 

~**~

When she arrived at her room, she closed the door and slid on its surface until she sat on the floor. She held her head and bit her lip. 

After years of disappearing from the place she wanted to protect, a minion of her supposed enemy found her. She knew she would'nt be safe for a long time. 

She sighed and picked herself up and walked towards her bed and collapsed on it. "I am dead tired." She mumbled agains the covers. But remembering her ripped clothes and scratches, she forced herself up and trudged towards the bathroom door to take a quick shower.

While showering, she didn't noticed that most of her wounds and scratches slowly closed up and heal, leaving no evidence that she was hurt in the first place.

~**~

After showering, she lied on her head. The soft and comfy feeling of her bed made her even tired than before and as she close her eyes, darkness took over.

~*~*~*~*~*~*

Everthing was dark. Amy couldn't see anything except herself emitting a soft glow. She placed a clenched fist on her chest, feeling dread. Suddenly, the scene shifted. She was standing on a small hill, looking over the dead land.

Then bodies appeared. Dead. Unmoving. Lifeless. The bodies of her friends. Surrounded by what she assumed is their blood. But one body caught her eyes. 

Sonic. His head was positioned so that he was staring straight at her. His eyes were lifeless and dull. It seemed to taunt her but she didn't know why.

"W-What is this?!" She screamed, her hand covering her mouth as few tears fell from her eyes to the ground. She choked back a sob as she fell on her knees. 

"This is what will happen to your friends, Amelia." A familiar voice sneered. Her head shot up and saw a person she never wanted to see again.

"Janus." She whispered, her eyes wide in shock.

A figure above appeared, floating down where Amy could fully see him. Dark form, crimson eyes. The man- no, monster- who killed her parents. The monster that almost killed her. The monster that she despised. The monster who is the reason why she must leave everything behind. Her home, her name, her title, her people, her loved ones, her planet. 

Everything just because of HIM! 

Janus laughed evilly. "Nice to see you again, princess. I see you have met one of my Shadow Killers."

"Why?!" She screamed. "What more do you want?! You already made me leave everything I know behind! You already saw me suffer! So what now?!" 

Janus smirked as he floated near her. "Oh, Amelia, you already know what I want." He appeared behind her, causing her to gasp. "Your...powers." He whispered in her ear.

"NO!" Amy walked several steps back, away from him. "What makes you think I will give them up? Especially when I sealed them?"

Janus only smirked. "Not to worry. You will unseal them. Besides-" He gestured to the field behind her. Where her friends lay dead. "You wouldn't want anything happening to them, would you?"

Amy's eyes widened. He will come for them. He will use her friends against her. "I will protect them! And I will defeat you!" She retorted but her voice shook.

"Defeat me? Without your powers?" He laughed as if the idea was amusing to hear. Which it was to him. "But your powers will be revealed soon enough. Haven't you noticed it?" Amy's confused look answered him. "And what if your friends found out about them? That you possess the elements that could destroy the world? What if you get out of control? What if-" He took a moment to pause. "-you could accidentally kill your friends?"

A gasp of shock escaped her lips. Kill her friends? Her? 

But he was not finish. "And remember this image, Amelia. Because this will be the outcome of that day. Where you will permanently lose everything!" He laughed evilly as Amy covered her ears. 

"No." She whispered as tears gathered from her eyes. He laughed. "No!" He continued to laughed. "NO!" 

~**~

"NO!" Amy screamed as she bolted upright on her bed, breathing heavily. She gripped her head, aware of the tears on her cheeks. She hugged her knees closer to her chest and sobbed.