Chapter 3- Janus

Amy was walking down Station Square, greeting people who passed by and giving warm smiles to children. She didn't have a destination in mind to walk around, but she let her feet guide her. As she walked, she noticed the looks the guys gave her but she ignored it.

After a few moments of walking, she found herself in a park. "A park? Why am I-" Suddenly, there was a tugging feeling in her chest. 

Amy's eyes widened as she took out her pendant. It was glowing a vibrant blue. "N-No, wait!" Before she could blink, she lost consciousness.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Flashback

"AHHH!" Amy yelled once Janus introduced himself. 

Janus evilly laughed and stared at her with his crimson eyes that resembled blood. "So you're the child who controls the elements." He mused, inwardly smirking.

Amy turned around to run but before she could, Janus faced his palm at her and created a black cage with a dark aura. Amy's eyes widened in fear as she fell on the floor and sobbed. 

Janus came closer. "Now, now, don't fret, princess. I'm only here to take what's going to be mine." He smirked and faced her palm at her again. This time, the cage glowed and produced a dark aura that engulfed Amy.

Amy watched as the black aura engulfed her but as she looks closer, she realized it was black ice. She gasped, remembering her powers.

Janus took her gasp of recognition as surprise. "Shock, are we? Don't we have the same powers, your majesty? Only, you don't know it yet." He clenched his fist, and Amy screamed.

"AHHHHHHH!!" Amy was slowly surrounded by darkness. The aura was like trying to take something in her soul away from her. It was painful. However, unconsciously, she activated her powers, that engulfed her in a pink light that slowly nullified the aura.

Amy was able to breathe.

The black hedgehog's eyes widen in surprise but then he smirked triumphantly. "Using you're powers, are we? Let's see how you handle this!" He clenched his fists tighter and yelled. "Dark Frost!"

The pink light surrounding the pink hedgehog turned to black. Amy felt the pain again but it didn't hurt as much as before. She was confused and scared. What does this man want with her? How did he know about her powers? Why is he hurting her?

As if reading her mind, he answered.

"Do you know how powerful I can be when I get your powers, Princess Amelia? I can rule, not only this planet, but the whole universe!" Janus watched as Amy whimpered in pain. "I will slowly suck your powers, one by one, until none is left. And you will be nothing but a dead corpse. Like your parents."

Amy took a sharp intake of breath. He was going to kill her. Like he did with her parents. The memory of her parents smiling faces and laughter brought sadness within her. Because she will never feel or see it again. 

Her eyes darkened, a glint of anger flashed in her sparkling emerald eyes. She clenched her fists, suppressing the urge to cry and scream in pain.

She won't let him win. Not now, not ever.

"Because darkness is illuminated in the light." She whispered, slowly standing up, ignoring the pain coursing through her body. "I won't let you take me. I won't let you take away my powers. I won't let you hurt my kingdom." She muttered audibly. 

Suddenly, she was surrounded in a bright light. She gasped when she felt the pain go away and allowed a soft smile on her face. Her eyes widened when both of her palms glowed a light blue sphere of swirling snowflakes and blizzard. As if her body has a mind on it's own, she faced her palms together and aimed at Janus.

"Winter Light!" She exclaimed. Her hands shot a beam at Janus, caging him in a mist of blue and white. He became alarmed when he recognized it. He tried to mask his fear by his smirk.

"Is that the best you can do?" He shot a ball of darkness to the mist but it disappeared when it touched. He was surprised, "This is rather interesting. You haven't practiced your powers yet you seem to have controlled it." He smirked. "Very interesting."

But Amy was not fooled. She could see the apprehension in his eyes. "I won't forgive you for what you did!" She yelled. And with all the strength she could muster, the mist became brighter and colder. 

Janus gasped and his eyes turned red with rage. "I won't let you seal me!" Unfortunately for him, he can feel his body numb and he saw his legs starting to turn into ice. He tried to use her powers but it wsn't enough. He stared at the princess with a scowl. "I will find a way back, princess! And when I do, I'll kill the people you love and regain my rightful place as king! You can't stop me forever! And I'll make sure the ritual will be painful for you!" With one last laugh, his whole body was frozen in ice.

Amy panted and watched as Janus' ice form glowed bright and disappeared in a shimmer of light. She smiled and before she could process everything, she fainted.

Flashback End

~*~*~*~*~*~*~