Chapter 15- The Past is Told

Sonic's POV 

The next morning, all of us gathered in Tails' living room, making ourselves comfortable. Finally, after weeks of her avoidance, she will finally tell us something; her past. Though I admit I'm a little nervous but...hey, it shouldn't be bad. Right?

There was a tense silence. We were waiting for Amy -who has her head down, fiddling with her thumbs- to speak up. After a few seconds, we heard Amy sighed.

"I guess, this is it, huh? You'll finally know my past." She muttered audibly, leaning on her seat. I cocked my head to the side in confusion. Does that mean she wasn't planning on telling us? Somehow, hearing that made me angry.  

"Oh, come on dear. " Rouge purred, she was sitting at one of the chairs. "It can't be that bad, can it?" I slightly glared at her. Can't she see that Ames had a hard time telling the truth?

Ames clicked her tongue in irritation, by Rouge's words, I think. "So I will start from the beginning. In another galaxy next to this one lies my planet called Metria. Metria was ruled by only one kingdom, my kingdom, called Rosalia. My parents were Richard and Leila Rosalia and I was named Amelia Jade Rosalia. When I was young, I noticed that I could do things no other people can. I have a certain control to everything around me and my emotions tend to trigger it. Only my parents knew of it and thought it would be better for out people not to know about my powers.

"Then they started going through books and see if they can find something as to why I possess them. After sometime, they found an old book about our planet's history." She paused, looking at us with an unreadable expression. "I'm going to skip with what they read and tell you what they found. It turns out, I am the Enchantress of every living things. They were shock and almost treated me like a queen already. I was two at that time. However, I didn't want my powers. It may have brought beauty but also destruction. So out of anger, I searched for a book that can seal it. Unfortunately, it wasn't enough."

"What do you mean?" Tails, who was sitting beside her, asked.

"Hold on. One day, when I was three, a huge dark cloud loomed over our kingdom..."

~*~*~*~

The villagers stared at the cloud in confusion, shock and pure fear. No one dared to move, too fixed to stare at it. Suddenly, a huge horn was blew from above, and creatures who came from hell fell. The kingdom's army immediately went into action, forming positions and shooting flamed arrows and other weapons. The villagers were led to a forest so they can be safe from the fight. Blood was spilled and lives from both sides were lost. 

In one of the rooms from the palace, the curtains were shut and a little girl was still asleep in her bed. The door of her room burst open and the king and queen ran inside.

"Amelia!" Leila yelled as she scooped up her daughter. Richard waited until they were out of the room.

Amelia woke up and looked around, confused. "Mother, why are we running? And why do you look worried?" She asked.

Leila tried her best to smile. "Nothing sweetie. We are just going to put you in a safe place." 

Not soon after, an explosion behind them blew. Richard immediately acted and blocked the oncoming blade.

~*~*~*~ 

"That was Janus. My father fought him to try and buy us some time. It hurt my mother to be apart from him but still ran. But before we got far, I heard my father scream in agony. Janus killed him."