Chapter 17: Ice

Two days after Sonic's confession, everything was going quite well. Amy was practicing her powers again in Mobius forest with the help of her friends. She and Sonic went out on a lot of walks but mostly runs. It was nauseous at first but the pink hedgehog got the hang of it after a while. Though there were a lot of teasing from her friends, Amy was happy and thankful. Right now Amy with Sonic, Knuckles, Tails and Shadow were behind her house.

"That's it, Ames. Slowly and gently." Sonic coaxed. They were now practicing on Amy's water powers. The backyard was large enough for them to practice with a pathway that lead to the forest. Poles were stuck to the ground, tires set at the side and other practice materials.

"I-I think I got the hang of it!" She exclaimed as she waved her arms, the water following her movements like a snake. 'Hmm, let's try...this!' She held her right palm under her chest with her other palm above it. The water gathered into a ball in between, and she froze it. 

Tails blinked as he tilted his head. "What are you doing?"

Amy stuck her tongue out at the side of her lips, focusing. "I'm gonna try something." She set her hands on fire and willed it to surround the ice sphere. 

Knuckles scoffed. "What can that do?" Right after saying that, Amy turned to him with glinting eyes and a mischievous grin. He shuddered, feeling a small ounce of fear in his stomach.

Before Amy could proceed with whatever she was going to do, Rouge dropped from the sky, her wings flapping furiously.

"GUYS! TROUBLE AT TOWN SQUARE!"

Everyone suddenly became alert.

Sonic stepped forward. "What's wrong, Rouge?" His mouth was set in a firm line, his eyes staring at the white bat with a hard gaze.

Rouge was flailing his arms around while speaking gibberish! So Amy did the first thing that came to her mind; she slapped her. 

Rouge's face was looking at the side at the impact. Blinking twice, she breathed a sigh of relief and thanked Amy. "Now where was I....? Oh yes!" She turned to the guys with a panicked look. "A huge black dog that literally came from hell is causing destruction in Station Square!"

Amy's eyes widened, her mouth dropped. A what?

Sonic nodded and turned to the others, "Let's go!"

~**~

It seems that Rouge was telling the truth. It was huge, black and looked like it came from hell because of its red eyes and flaming paws. The other Freedom Fighters members where on other missions on another country so they were the only ones left.

"What the heck is this?!" Knuckles yelled, obviously irritated. He punched the dog at the jaw, sending it staggering back and shaking its head. He landed on the ground, his eyes never leaving the enemy. "Hey Amy! Do you have any idea on what this thing is?!"

"Sorry!" She conjured up eight water spheres and hurled it at the hound. "But it's the first time I saw it!"

After dodging the hound's long tail, Amy pointed her pointer and middle finger to the sky. A huge black cloud formed above the hound, thunder boomed and lightning flashed. The hound took a step back, wary of the lightning. Amy stared with narrowed eyes, and swiftly swiped her fingers down to shoulder level, pointing at the beast.

The huge cloud suddenly glowed darker, then a huge lightning bolt struck down and hit the hound. It let out a pained howl, bending its hind legs and lunged at the pink hedgehog. 

'Uh-oh.' Was her thought before Sonic immediately whisked her away, barely missing the hound who collided with a tree. He set her down on the ground, looking for any signs of injury.