Chapter 16- Confession

After Amy's story telling session, Sonic told her to take her out on a date, shocking the others.

"W-Wha...?" Amy stammered. A date? Since when did he like to go out to dates with her? Especially now? 

Sonic grinned though he threw her a confused look. "I thought you would like that?" He asked. 'In fact, I thought you would really like that.' Hurt flashed across his eyes at his next thought. 'Have you really given up on me?'  

Yes, he was hurt at the fact of the possibility of Amy not liking him anymore. Yes, he was. Which means that our favorite blur actually held some feelings for our favorite pink hedgehog. Deep feelings. Feelings that he knows, and is, planning to tell.

Amy bit her tongue to refrain from saying, 'You know that I've given up on you, right?' Her chest constricted at the thought, and she knew why. Her feelings didn't diminished, but it is still hidden. She can't open up her heart only to be hurt again. Seeing Sonic's eyes flash in an emotion she couldn't decipher, she made an excuse of her original thought.

"Well, I do need some fresh air. How does that sound?" She sweetly smiled.

Sonic gave her a thumbs up. "You 'betcha!" 

Amy softly giggled and stood up from the couch. "Well..." She looked each at everyone in the eye. "You can go now. I already told you everything and...I guess, you can help me." She was still unsure at the last part though. What if she loses control?

Rouge smirked. "Trying to get rid of us, are you?" She teased.

"N-No! I-"

Knuckles chuckled as he grabbed the white bat in the arm and dragged her towards the door. "I think its time we left the two...lovebirds alone." He threw the others -except the said lovebirds- a look before dashing out. 

Shadow coughed ad before anyone can blink, he ran out, following the echidna. Tails fake cough, took Cream's arm and began dragging towards the direction of his lab while saying, "Have fun you too! We'll be...right in the lab...researching." Both of them immediately left after that.

"....Shall we go?" Sonic asked, breaking the silence that was about to come.

Amy nodded in reply.

~**~

"Ahhh~ This feels refreshing!" The pink hedgehog said while stretching her arms. "It feels so good to be outside. I feel great!" They were currently in the park where Amy was captured by Eggman, and the place where she first fainted.

Sonic chuckled. "Why do you say that?" He asked, genuinely curious.

Amy stopped, a smile remained on her face, and linked her hands behind her back. "Everything. My powers, flashbacks, Janus, these secrets, everyone, and the future....it's all taking a toll at me, physically, mentally, and emotionally. I'm tired and all I want is...to forget everything for a day." She twirled around to face him. "Was that strange? Sorry about that." 

Sonic frowned at her forced smile. He can see how tired she was, all drained from the recent events. 'She has a big destiny all set out for her. It's a good thing we offered to help her. She can't do this alone!' His eyes turned determined, fists lightly clenched. 'No matter what she says,I'm sure the others agree.' He watched as Amy twirled again and continued to walk forward. 'She's under a lot of stress, the least I can do is to give her a good time. To forget everything for a day.' 

Sonic walked behind her- which was strange since the blue blur always love to go fast! He was thinking about his plans for the day when his eyes spotted an ice cream truck near the fountain. He smiled and dashed towards it, passing the pink hedgehog.