Chapter 8- The Colors of the Pendant; The Seal is Breaking?

"AMY!" The door of the pink hedgehog's room was slammed open. "ARE YOU HURT?! DID SOMEONE ATTACK?! TELL ME!" Sonic shouted as he ran to Amy's side in a split second.

Amy blinked and laughed. She wiped her tears away and smiled. "I'm fine. Just a bad dream." She answered.

Sonic sighed in relief. "Thank goodness! For a second there I thought that phantom-like person found you." Then he realized something. "Now that I mentioned about it, what was that?" 

Amy's eyes widened. "U-Um..." No excuse came to her mind. She glanced at the clock on her bed stand table and saw it was past 9. "A-Anyway, you should get out, I have to take a shower." 

Sonic looked skeptical but sighed. "Fine~" He ran out of the room wile closing the door behind him.

Amy placed a fist on he chest, her eyes downcast. She gritted her teeth when she remembered her dream- no, a vision. 'I won't let him hurt everyone! I rather die than give him what he wants!' She groggily got up and proceeded to her bathroom.

Before she opened the door, she noticed that her arm was free from the scratches she got from the Shadow Killer. But how? It would take days for it to heal but not only her arms, the wound on her knee also disappeared. Not one scar. 

"Could it be..." Shaking those thoughts aside, she entered her bathroom with one thought in mind.

Was the seal actually breaking?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

After getting dressed, she walked downstairs and saw Tails in the living room reading a newspaper. "Morning, Tails!" 

Tails yelped in surprise and sighed in relief when he saw the pink hedgehog. "Good morning, Amy." Then a thought hit him. "Wait, when did you get here?" He asked, looking confused.

Amy laughed nervously. "Ha ha,  you see, I...hurt myself and Sonic coincidentally had a night run and found me and took me here."  She replied. 

"Oh, well then breakfast is ready. Sonic is on the rooftop so can you call him?"

"Of course."

Amy ran outside the fox' home and look towards the roof where a blue hedgehog was laying with his eyes closed and arms behind his head. "Sonic! Tails said breakfast is ready!"

Sonic opened an eye and gave a brief nod. He stood up and gave a long stretch. He jumped from the roof to the ground beside her. "Let's eat." 

Amy shook her head. "No thanks, I'm not hungry. Besides, I have something I needed to do." 

Sonic raised his eyebrow and glared at her. "Don't think I didn't remember Amy." He slightly turned his body and ran inside the house.

Amy froze. Damn! Without waiting for another second, she ran as fast as she could towards her home. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Amy closed the door behind her and slid on its surface with her eyes close. She panted from all the running and wiped the beads of sweat on her forehead. Opening her eyes, her mouth dropped when she saw all her furniture broken and toppled over. Her rug and sofa had a few scratch marks. Some paintings were on the floor and her favorite glass vase was broken on the floor. 

She quickly got on her feet and ran towards her room. When she opened the door, her eyes were murderous. Her room was a mess! As if a mini-tornado appeared and ruined everything. 

"I. AM. GOING. TO. KILL. THAT. SHADOW!!" She screamed through gritted teeth. If she has her powers now, she would find that shadow and blow him to oblivion! She took a step forward when she felt a sharp pain in her chest. She grunted in pain as she fell on her knees, clutching the place where her pendant is. "W-What's happening?"

Before she could blink, everything went black.

~**~ 

Open...

Blink...

Close...

Open...

"Oww, my head." Amy groaned as she got off the floor, she leaned on her doorway when her gaze landed on her pendant. She gasped when the petals of the rose was different. One half was sapphire blue while the other was aquamarine instead of the usual emerald green.

Before she could ponder, a loud knock on her door downstairs caught her attention. She slowly leaned over the rail on the side of the stairs in caution.

"Amy! It's me! You said we would water your garden today!" A cheery voice said at the side of her door.

"Cream." She whispered, relieved that it was her bunny friend instead of anybody else. But then remembering the condition of her living room, she panicked.

"Amy? Are you there?"

"Uhh, just a minute, Cream!" She quickly ran downstairs and stood in front of the door. She slowly opened it where only she can be see and not her almost destroyed room. Cream grew up to be charming and sweet, her 13 year old self could already attract guys, especially a certain two-tailed fox. 

Cream tilted her head when she sensed her friend's panicky look.

"Is there something wrong, Amy?" 

"Nothing is wrong!" Amy answered a bit too quickly that made Cream suspicious of her. She grabbed her hand and led her around the house to her backyard. "Now come on, we don't want to let the flowers wilt now, do we?" She said in a scolding tone.

Cream's gaze landed on her flower patch and her eyes brightened at the fully bloomed roses. She ran in front of a rose and smelled its scent. She sighed in content. "Wow, Amy you sure kow how to take care of them."

Amy giggled, trying to forget the condition of her living room and instead focus on her friend. "You got your Mom to thank for that." Both of them laughed as Amy took a nearby water can and filling it with water. She gave the can to her best friend. "Here you can water them."

"Thanks!" Cream smiled.

As she watched her best friend gently water the roses, her gaze fell on something blue. Her eyes slightly widened as she neared what it looks to be a red frozen rose. 

'This rose. If I remember correctly it was the one that hasn't bloomed. But...' Picking the rose she held it up to eye level, feeling the cold of the stem against her hand. '-it's completely frozen.' 

A flash of her pendant appeared in her mind. 'My pendant was blue and aqua.' 

The image of her chest in pain. 'The place where I placed the seal.' 

Her scratches healed before she entered the bathroom in Tails' home. 'My wounds disappeared.' Her hand flew to her mouth. Her hand shook while her eyes were wide in horror and realization. 

"But your powers will be revealed soon enough. Haven't you noticed it?" Janus' words echoed in her mind. 

'N-No. How could that be? The seal couldn't possibly break! Because...because...' Her eyes downcast. 'To break the seal is to sacrifice a life.'