Chapter 3

"You are free to go, and study your notes" Mr. Gray said as everyone began to leave. That session was boring asf. I was more than happy to leave. "So what are we doing?" Arielle asked. I thought for a moment, "We can go to the mall like you said this morning ." I suggested. "I'm down." She says as we walk to my car. "I want you to take me serious!" We sung in unison to "Play No Games" by Big Sean as we made our way into the mall's parking lot. We got in the mall and I was gone. I immediately made my way to American Eagle. I bought this pretty outfit, a few shirts, and a few scarves, but I had to get out of here; I couldn't just spend all of my money in here. I finally made my way to the register after I picked up a blue jean jacket and a creme colored cardigan. After I paid for my things, I made my way out of the store. I was walking until I felt a vibration in my pocket, I pull it out and it's a text from Arielle.
Arielle: Wya?(2:40)

Me: Meet me at the food court. (2:41)

Arielle: Kk (2:42)

As I was putting my phone back in my pocket, I felt myself bump into something hard and solid. I look up to see this man, this handsome man. He was dark skinned,nicely cut hair, pearly white teeth that he showed off when he smiled at me, and he looked very athletic. "Oh my bad; I wasn't paying attention." He said taking me out of my thoughts. I snapped out of it and said, "Oh, it's okay neither was I, sorry." I was about to walk around him until he spoke again, " I'll forgive you if you give me your name and number." I laughed to myself; his line was corny, but it was cute. "Did I miss something?" He asked. "No you didn't, I just had an insider." I said. He nods his head, "Well, are you gonna tell me?" He asked. I sighed loudly before speaking again, "My name is La'terria, and you?" "I'm Tyson" he says. I nod, "Good to know." He flashes that smile at me again. "And what about that number?" He asks. I paused. "Let me see your phone." He hands me his phone and I add my number to his contacts. I hand him back his phone and I start to walk off. " We'll be in touch soon." He says. "Yea, yea, yea" I say to myself more than him. He's fine but idk. I haven't been dating or talking to dudes lately. I mean, I've been focusing on school mostly. I finally made it to the food court. I look around in search for Arielle, I finally spot her doing something on her phone at a table for two. I quickly made my way to her. Her head immediately popped up when I sat down. "What took you so long?" she says. "Some dude was tryna run game." I say simply. She smiled happily and started blasting me with questions. "Who, when, what did he say, is he cute; girl tell me somethi- I cut her off. "Slow down and breath, all I did was give him my number, and I told him my name." She thought about what I just said and then started to speak again. "Soooo,what's his name." I thought for a moment before I spoke. "Umm, Tyson." She smiled. "Is he cute?" I smiled and nodded my head. "Yea, he alright." She gave me the stank face. "You lying because if he alright, then why did you give him your number?" I threw my hands up in surrender. "Ok,ok he's cute; you happy?" I asked. "Very" she responds. After a few seconds of silence, she spoke again. "So, is this the start of something new?" I thought about it because he is cute. "I really don't know, I'm just trying to focus on my life ahead of me." She smacked her lips. Before she could say anything I told her we should get something to eat since we're in the food court. Honestly, I'm not looking for a relationship; I got things to do, and dudes don't include my plans right now.

Pic of Tyson in MM