Chapter 6

It's been a few days since my date with Tyson,and I was still on cloud nine. At the date, I found out a lot about Tyson. I learned that he plays in the NFL for the Dallas Cowboys, and that he's 21. I guess the age difference isn't that big, but I just got out of class and I'm exhausted. We were assigned a project today,we have to make a cocktail dress this time, which will be due Monday. I have to report to Forever 21 in forty minutes, so I have to get to my apartment to shower and change. Thirty,minutes later, I was out the door. Now I have to make a twenty minute drive a ten minute drive. Luckily, I got there on time. I came in, clocked in, and started working the register. Customers started flowing in only seconds later. I walked around greeting people and stuff like that until I seen this woman who looked like she need help. "Umm, excuse me ma'am, do you need help?" She smiled at me. "As a matter of fact, yes, I do. I smiled back at her. "So, what's the occasion?" I ask her. "My husband and I are going out tomorrow and I don't know what to wear." I nod my head. "So, what look are you going for?" She tapped her foot, thinking. "Classy" she finally answered. "Okay, well we just got these dresses in and I will bring them out for you to see." I say. She smiles "Thank you so much." I smiled. "No problem." I brought the dresses back out and she chose one, it was beautiful. I led her to the register so she could purchase it. I gave her the receipt and her bag. "Thank you so much, and what's your name by the way?" She asks. "You're welcomed and La'terria, Terria for short." I say."My name's Erica, and I thank you again." I smiled at her as she left the store. After helping a few more customers, my work was done. I was heading to my house in my car when my phone started playing my ringtone Ciara- I Bet. I answered it, not looking at the caller I.D.

Me: Hello?

Ty: Wassup ma, it's been a few days and I was wondering if you wanted to go to this blues club with me?

Me: Yea, I would love to. What's the dress code?

Ty: Dressy and I'm picking you up at 9pm, so be ready.

Me: Okay. I'll see you then.

Ty: Aight, bet.

Well, looks like I'll be having plans tonight.This should be fun. When I got home, I took my shower, ate, and snuggled up in my blanket and took a power nap. I woke up an hour later, looking in my closet for something to wear. I picked my bodycon dress, my nude pointed toe pumps, and my nude clutch since he said dress dressy.
I curled my hair, and since my dress is white, I'm going to wear red lipstick. After I got ready, I checked myself out in the mirror. Then, there was a knock at the door. I slowly walked to the door and opened it, revealing a grinning Tyson. "You ready, babygirl?" I nodded. "Yea." He looked me up and down. "You look beautiful." I smiled. "Thanks, you don't look too bad yourself." I say to him. He chuckled. I had to admit Tyson was looking sexy. He had black slacks on, a white button down, that was neatly tucked in, and a pair of black penny loafers. We were in the car riding, joking, and talking, when we pulled up to Jazzy's Blues For Days. We got out of the car and walked in. One of the waiters escorted us to a table. After we ordered our food we just talked. "So, how was your day?" He asked me. "It was my typical day, class and work, but how was yours? He paused, "It was a normal day, conditioning and football." I nodded my head. "So when was your last relationship?" he asked me. I laughed. "High school" I stated. He nodded his head. "You see yourself being with me?" He asked. I looked at him, thinking. "Umm.... maybe, why?" He looked at me while he talked, "because you're beautiful, smart, and you know what you wanna do, I find that attractive." I blushed, but I looked down so he couldn't see me. He lifted my chin up, causing me to meet eye to eye with him. "You don't have to be shy around me." He says. I nodded. "I know." He chuckled. "Then act like it." We were smiling at each other, when a throwback came on, Bobby Blue Bland-Angel came on. I smiled. "Would you like to dance?" He asked. I giggled "Sure" I responded. He led me to the dance floor. He faced me and put his strong arms around my waist. I immediately put my hands on his shoulders, he was too tall for me to wrap my arms around his neck. He looked down at me staring into my eyes, smiling that smile that captured me in the mall that day. I put my head on his chest as he intertwined our fingers. This song ended but another one came on, so we continued to dance. This might have been the night that I fell for him.

Terria's dress in the MM.