Chapter 12

La'terria's POV

I was getting prepared to go back home. I was making tiring trips from my closet to my suitcase and back to my closet. I finally completed packing my clothes and other things I would need. After packing, I finally put on some clothes, although I wouldn't call sweats really clothes, I was still covered up. I put on my Christmas Pack kd's and put my hair into a bun. I attempted to roll my suitcase down the stairs, but failed because after going down two steps I slipped and fell. Out of instinct, I looked around embarrassed but quickly realized no one was here but me. I took my suitcase to the car and put it in the trunk. Making my way back into my house, I made my way straight to the kitchen to get a snack for the road and made my way back out to my car after setting my alarm in the house. I ate my debbie cake while backing out of my driveway.

"Turn up to Rihanna while the whole club fvcking wasted!" I sung to Bvtch Betta Have My Money by Rihanna, while driving on the interstate. Might as well make this a road trip.

*****
*****

I'm back home home in Atlanta and I'm so excited. This is where I grew up, this is where my family is, and I love being home. I remember it all, good and bad. I turned on the street of my mama's house and came to a stop by the curb right in front of the house. I walked up the sidewalk and knocked on the door once I came into contact with it. After a few seconds, I could hear my mama say, "Who is it?" on the other side of the door.

I smiled genuinely, "It's me, mama."

She opened the door with a broad smile on her face. "My baby." She said as she pulled me into a tight hug and rocked me back and forth. I love this woman. We pulled away from the hug.

"Come on in, stink stink." She said making her way towards the living room. I sat my suitcase down in the hallway and followed the same path my mom took to the living room. I walk into the living room to see my mom sitting on the couch, so I join her.

"So how you been?" She asks starting the conversation.

"I've been good, mama. Can't complain, but how you been?"

She smiled and said, "I'm great, baby. I'm just happy to see you're home."

I nod my head listening to her completely. "Yea, how's Coby, mama? I said asking about my older brother Jacoby.

She sighed, "He's doing well. I forgot to tell you that you have a niece on the way."

I bust out laughing in shock. "Oh my God! Cassandra's pregnant?"

She nodded her head up and down saying yes.

Cassandra and my brother have been together since their junior year in high school and considering that my brother is twenty-six years old, that's a long time.
"I'm so happy to see my baby home safely."

I laughed softly. "Me too, mama."

*****
*****

"So who is he?"

I looked up, kind of taken aback. "Umm mama, what are you talking about?"

She gave me that "you know what I'm talking about" look.

"Girl, don't play with me. We mention you settling down and you start blushing. I ain't got gray hair for nothing,stink."

I sigh. "I know, mama and his name is Tyson."

"Hmm, I would like to meet this Tyson fella."

I scrunched my eyebrows together. "You don't think it's too soon?"

"Not unless you think so. That's completely up to you and him. I'm ready whenever y'all are." She said shrugging her shoulders.

"Okay mama but where's Coby?"

"Him and Cassandra should be here in an hour or two."

I nodded my head. "Oh, okay"

After freshening up, I put on some real clothes. I went through my suitcase and found my hip hop legends tee, my black joggers, and my Jordan 3's. As I'm making my way downstairs, I hear a familiar voice, my brother's voice. "Yea mama thing have been-"

"Coby!" I say running into his arms.

"What's up, stink."

"Nothing, dink." I say calling him by his nickname.

He nods his head while releasing me from our hug. I look over to a smiling Cassandra.

"Hey, Cassie. How you doing?" I say while pulling her into a tight hug, but not too tight, her baby bump is too huge.

"Hey, Tee and I'm doing good. How about you?"

"I'm doing good, girl."

******
******

Just me, my mom, my brother, and 'Sandra, turned into a group of family and friends.

"It's so great to see you home, girl. I've missed you." Stacey said as we were sitting in the swing on the porch.

"It's great to be home, Stace'. I miss it here." I said as we rocked back and forth in the swing.

"You remember Tacarrion?" Stacey asked me, bringing up my ex from high school.

"Yea, I remember." I say nonchalantly.

"That boy is fine now, girl. You might wanna have a relapse."

I smile and say, "I doubt it. I got somebody now."

I laughed as her eyes got big. "Who?"

"His name is Tyson, I met him in Ohio."

She playfully hits me on the arm. "And when we're you gonna tell me?"

"Whenever you would've brought it up." I respond.

"You slipping, chick."

"Whatever lets go back inside." I say getting up from the swing.

"Mmhmm, whatever." She says while following me into the house.

"Bvtch I don't give a fvck with or without a condom!"
Cousin Bud sung while dancing. Okay let me explain, Cousin Bud is one of those cousins that get drunk at EVERY family gathering. Whether it is a wedding or a cookout, he's drunk. And not just drunk... pissy drunk to where he's peeing everywhere!!!

"We get it, Bud." Mama says while sitting him down.

"No you don't get it Ro-Rosetta!" Cousin Bud slurs.

"Okay, Bud." Mama says.

"That's how I got my first kid"
Cousin Bud slurs, still talking about the condom situation and giving a little bit of too much information.

"I can't feel my face when I'm with you, but I love it." Cousin Bud sings while dancing in his seat.

"Bud, shut the hell up!" Auntie Cathy says getting fed up with Cousin Bud's drunkenness.

"Oh go to hell, Catherine." Cousin Bud shot back.

This is my family, they're crazy but I love them. They always have my back.

Votes!
Comments!
Questions?