Chapter 7

I woke up today, happy. I don't have to go to class today! I got out of bed, ready to start my day. I've been thinking about going to Atlanta to visit my mom, I haven't been there in months. I miss my family,but I had things to do. I have to start on this dress for my class project, so that's what I did.I went to the bathroom and did my hygienes. I put on my skinny jeans, my obey t-shirt, and my tye dye keds. I put my hair into a neat ponytail and I was ready to go. I got into my car and went to Wal-Mart. I knew I would find everything there. I finally pulled up to Wal-Mart and found a good place to park. I walked into Wal-Mart and went to the crafts section. I got my pens and my sewing thread, but they didn't have the fabric I wanted. So I went to the local fabric store, and found what I needed. I got home and cooked some chicken alfredo,didn't feel like spending money on one of these fast-food restaurants. I set up my sewing machine and started sewing the dress. Then there was a knock at the door. "Bvtches wanna always bother me when I'm doing something." I say to myself. "Who is it?" I asked. "Nigga, open the door it's me"
I recognized that voice to be Arielle's. I opened the door. "Who you calling a nigga,con?" She shoved past me and invited herself in. "You and what you cooking, I smell chicken alfredo!! I rolled my eyes. "Go in the kitchen and reunite with your life, it misses you." I say. "I got a life, but what happened on your date with Tyson?" She responded. I smiled."We went to this blues club, we talked, we danced, and it was fun." She smiled so hard that I could see all of her teeth. "You like him?" I blushed. "Yea, he seems cool, I mean I got a crush. I'm just not sure if I wanna be with him." I answered the question. She laughed. "Girl please, I googled dude and he is fine. You better jump on that before anybody else does." I laughed. "Anyways, have you started on your dress for class yet?" She looked at me like I had three eyes. "No, I got the stuff. I just haven't started on it. You know I don't do stuff right away." I nodded. We sat in silence as we watched "Being Mary Jane". I smile because she is so successful and I wanna be just like that, but I don't wanna start looking for love too late, like her. "I'm finished!" I say. "Good so now we can go to the nail shop?" She asked. Yea, I guess so, but we're taking your car this time." I reply. "Okay, lets go." She says. I got my purse and we headed out. We got to the nail salon, and I was happy to see that it wasn't packed. I picked my color and made my way to the back. "It's nice to see you back." Ms. Ling says. I smiled. "Yes it is, you know I had to come get my toes done by the best." I say. I love Ms. Ling; she's been here since I came to Ohio; the first time she did my toes, she did amazing, so now she is the only one I let do them. I let my toes dry and then I went to pay the woman at the register. After I paid, I turned to see Arielle waiting on me. We went to Zaxby's and sat down and ate our food. She was looking like she had something to say, but she was waiting on the right time to say it. "So what do you have to tell me?" I ask. She laughs. "Well, I was going to wait and tell you but........ I met someone. I dropped my fry and looked up at her and smiled. "What's his name?"

"Trenton", she says smiling from ear to ear. I smiled. "That's good. How long y'all been talking?" She thought for a second. "Like two weeks at the most." I nod. "That's great now you won't be at my house that much, but we should have a sleepover."

"That should be fun, when we gonna do that?" I thought for a moment. "What about tonight, tomorrow's Saturday so we don't have class." I say."okay" she agrees.

We make it back to my house, we take our showers, and we got on the couch in our pj's. We watched movies from the 90's and ate popcorn. We fell asleep on the couch at about 3am and that concluded the day.