Chapter 15

La'terria's POV

"Alright mama, I guess I'll see you in a month or so." I said, hugging my mom while I was standing up by my car.

"Alright stink, baby, I love you. You make sure you call me on the regular." She said while pulling away from our hug.

I nodded my head as if to say "okay" and sat down in my driver's seat, starting the engine. "Love you too, mama." I say while closing the door. I slowly started down the street, waving my mom goodbye at the same time. I turned my radio up and started singing Like I'm Gonna Lose You by John Legend ft. Meghan Trainor. I love coming to visit, but I hate leaving.

"No we're not promised tomorrow. So I'm gonna love you like I'm gonna lose youuuuu." I sung in harmony to the music as I snapped my fingers to the beat. To prepare myself for this long drive back to Ohio, I let the music soothe my mind and take over.

¤°¤°¤
°¤°¤°

I was like twenty minutes from my apartment when I got a call from Tyson.

"Hello?" I said into the phone while looking ahead at the road and oncoming traffic.

"Hey, bae. How far are you from your apartment?"

I looked up, poked my lips out, and bobbed my head from side to side. "Umm, about twenty to fifteen minutes away.... why?" I asked, turning the corner. "No reason. I miss you, girl."

"I miss you too." I said smiling into the phone.

"But anyway, I love you. I'll see you later."

"Love you too." I said smiling and slowly taking the phone from my ear.

I turned into my apartment's parking lot and parked. I grabbed everything out of the car and popped the trunk. I put my zebra print and black duffel bag over my shoulder, took my suitcase out of the trunk, and started walking to entrance of the building.

I finally made it up the five flight of steps and made it to my door. I dug in my pocket and pulled out my keys to unlock my door. Once inside, I took my things to my bedroom and sat them on the floor. I walked into my living room to see Tyson sitting on the arm of my chair with his hands clasped, looking straight at me. My heart skipped a beat and my breathing stopped for a second, he scared me halfway out of my skin.

"Bae what you doing here?" I asked as I walked over to him.

He pulled me in between his legs and rested his hands on my hips. "I wanted to surprise you."

I looked him in his eyes smiling. "The key to my apartment that I gave you was supposed to be used for emergencies only." I said, moving in between his legs a little bit more.

"I know and this was an emergency." He said kissing my lips more than once, causing me to laugh. He moved down to my neck.

"And. I. Miss. You." He said in between kisses. I pulled back from his kisses. "I missed you too."

He moved down to my chest. "And I'm horny." He continued. All I did was laugh. He picked me up and headed in the direction of my bedroom. As he carried me bridle style, we continued to kiss. He laid me on my bed softly and started kissing me. He was kissing me too fast for me to keep up, causing me to laugh and break the kiss. He stared into my eyes for a second and then started to attack my lips again. One thing led to another and we were at it for hours.

*¤°¤*
*¤°¤*

I woke up some hours later, feeling strong arms wrapped around me. I look up to see Tyson already looking at me. "It's bout time you woke up." I turned over in his arms, facing him. "How long was I sleep?"

"Like two hours." He said tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. I nodded. "I'm going to my cousin's cookout tomorrow. You wanna go?"
I felt him tense up against me. He rubbed the back of his neck and said, "Uhh, ima be busy tomorrow."

"Oh okay." I nodded. He got out of my bed and started getting dressed. I played with my fingers, watching him get dressed. "I gotta go, bae. I'll see ya later." He said leaning on the bed and kissing me. "Okay." I said kissing him back. When I heard my front door close, I got up, deciding to do a little home cleaning.

€£¥¥€¥
€£¥¥€¥

The Next Day

I went from one thing to the next, getting ready for Mariah's cookout. I settled on a multicolored flower printed sun dress, a pair of light brown sandals, and I topped it of with a dark denim jacket. I was in at rushing because I was thirty minutes late. I put my hair into a ballerina bun and grabbed my phone and keys. I made my way to the kitchen to get the potato salad that I made. I looked in the fridge and took out the red container filled with potato salad. I hopped in my car and sat the container in the passenger seat. Considering that Mariah's house was like three blocks from mines, I got there in record time. I pulled up to her house. Since there was no room on the driveway, I parked in the grass beside the driveway.
I grabbed the container out of my passenger seat before stepping out of the car. I slipped my phone into my jacket pocket and fix my clothes on me. I walked on the cobblestone path, leading to the backyard. Once I made it to the back of the house, I spotted some familiar faces and some not so familiar faces. All of a sudden, I feel someone hug my leg. "Hey, teetee Terri."

I turn around to see Kendra, my niece. I pick her up. "Hey,teetee's baby!!!"

I say picking her up and kissing her all over her face. She giggled uncontrollably. Kendra is not my real niece, she's my cousin. She's Mariah's daughter; I am her godmother though. That's still my baby. "Where's your mommy?" I asked her, holding her in my arms. "In the housh with my daddy." She said, attempting to say house. "Okay, lets go see your mommy and hold this." I said referring to my bowl of potato salad. I headed to the sliding doors, leading to the living room inside the house. I slid the door open with one hand and Kendra in the other. I went through her kitchen to the living room since I heard voices in there. I turned the corner, revealing myself to everyone in the room. "Hey, everyone." I said stepping further into the room. "Hey, Terri." Mariah said running up to me, embracing me in a hug.

After being introduced to a couple of people, Me, Mariah, and Kendra made our way outside. "I want you to meet my husband." She said, pulling me towards a group of men at a table playing cards. "This is my husband." She said, touching a man on his shoulder. I couldn't see his face because his back was turned to me. The man stood up, turning around. "This is my husband, Tyson. Tyson this is my cousin La'terria." She said introducing us, little did she know I already knew this man. I went from shocked to livid in a matter of seconds. "No this nigga didn't." I thought to myself.

Omg!!! Mariah is Tyson's wife!!

Comment, Vote, Tell me how you feel.

Mariah in MM.