Chapter 14

I clear my throat, kind of surprised to see him.

"Umm, hi Tacarrion." I respond.

"It's nice to see you. How you been doing?" He asks, smiling down at me.

"I've been good. How about you?" I asked anyway even though I didn't really care. I just asked to be courteous, I couldn't care less.

"I've been good living life. You know?"

I nodded, looking in my cup at my almost devoured root beer float, trying to avoid eye contact. He sat down at the table with me causing me to look up from my cup. This is about to get interesting.

*¤*¤*
¤*¤*¤

"Yes you were stubborn!" Tacarrion said while chuckling. We have been sitting here for a hour and a half talking about the past and catching up.

"I was not stubborn.... I just didn't want people telling me what to do." I said while a smirk appeared on my face.

He held his hands up in surrender. "Whatever you say." He said sarcastically.I smiled.

"So you remember when we were together?" He asked looking me in my eyes once more. I blushed a little. "Yea,I remember."

He reached across the table and put his hand on mines.
"I miss you, Tee." He said, caressing my hand.

I abruptly got up from the table, slightly pissed off. I was attempting to walk pass him when he grabbed my arm. "Tee, I'm sorry. I've just been having that on my mind since I seen you. I miss you and I'm sorry for making you feel uncomfortable." He said in a sigh.

I rolled my eyes and looked out of the window. "It's okay"
I said finally looking at him.

"Look I want to be in your life again. It doesn't even have to be like that. I just want to talk to you...... as a friend."

I looked up and smiled at him. "I guess that'll be fine."

"Okay, well let's exchange numbers." He says. I nod while giving him my phone and him giving me his.
"Okay, I'll see you later." He says, getting up from his chair. I get up also. "Yea, see you later." I say while hugging him. I push my chair up to the table and make my way out of the door to my car. I love Tacarrion; I'm just not in love with him anymore. I pull off after hooking my aux cord up to my radio. I was bopping my head to DJ Khaled x How Many Times, when my phone started going off, signaling that someone is calling me. I look at my phone and see Arielle's name plastered across the screen.

"Hello?"

"Hey, best friend!"

"Hey, chick. What you been up to?"

"Nothing, I miss you tho."

"I miss you, but I'm coming back after tomorrow." I said smiling against the phone.

"Well how is it down there? You having fun with the fam?" She asked me.

"You know I am."

"Well, I'm not finna tie you down. I'll see you later. Love ya!!" She said practically screaming into the phone.

"Alright love you too, cow." I said hanging up.

I sat my phone in my cup holder and turned the volume up on my radio. I chewed on my gum as I pulled up to the house and parked right next to the curb. I grabbed my phone, aux cord, charger, and keys in the process of climbing out of my car. I step into the house. As I'm walking, I hear my mom in the kitchen humming. I arrive in the kitchen and she's standing over the stove humming and stirring something in a pot. I'm guessing gumbo because that's what it smells like.

"I'm back, mama." I said as I walked into the kitchen. She looked up from the pot. "Good because I need you to help me out in here." I hopped on the island.

"Okay, what you want me to do?" She was standing with her back to me, so she looked over her shoulder. "Umm, get the tomatoes and the okra out. Boil the okra and cut the tomato up for me."

"Okay" I said opening the fridge. I got the vegetables and a knife, and I went to work. As I chop up the tomatoes, my phone vibrates, notifying me that I have a text message. I open my phone and it's a text from Mariah, my cousin.

Mariah: I'm having a cookout Saturday at 7. Hope you can make it!

Me: I'll be there, can't wait.

Well, looks like I have plans Saturday. I put the tomatoes and okra in the gumbo and stirred it up. "Mama, we should go to the nail shop. You know? Have a little bonding time."

"Okay, we'll go when we finish this." She said pointing at the pot of gumbo and getting the steak out of the oven all at the same time.

After eating, we went to Jerrica's Nails. I signed me and my mama in and sat down. My mom was getting a manicure, while I was getting a pedicure. We sat in silence as mama skimmed through a magazine, and I got up to go to the wall to pick a color. Ten to fifteen minutes later, a Korean woman came out to us. "We ready for you all." She said in her Korean accent, pointing at my mom and I. We made our way to the back and they went to work on us.

¤°¤°¤
¤°¤°¤

"Thank you." I said while giving the woman at the counter my money for my pedicure and my mom's manicure.

"Ooo, I love this color!" I exclaimed, admiring my mint green polished toe nails. "Yea, I like my nails. Thank you, stink." My mom said while smiling at me. I returned a smiled and said, "You're welcomed, mama."

We hopped in the car, and I pulled out of my parking spot, heading down the road. "You have somewhere you need to go?" I asked my mama as I stopped at a red light. "I gotta go to Wal-Mart for some clorox." She said looking out of the window.

B*tches and Marijuana by Chris Brown, Tyga, and ScHoolboy Q came on and I turned it up, taking off when light changed to green.

"Bail any girl that I wanna. Got bitches and marijuana. I got 'em, I got 'em. I got bi-" "Mama!" I whined.

My mama looked at me like I had a dude in between my legs right about now. She turned the radio dial down and said,"Girl, turn that shit down. You acting like I ain't in this car right now."

I rolled my eyes and turned into Wal-Mart's parking lot.

"Roll 'em again and imma make sure they stay that way." She said not even looking at me.
My mama just fucked up my whole vibe. After her going in and coming out of Wal-Mart, we got home, I took a shower, and went to sleep. I have to be wide awake while driving back to Ohio in the morning. I decided to just leave tomorrow.

Just a filler chapter. Drama comes in the next chapter.