Chapter 10

Tyson's POV

I was dancing with one of these groupies, when I felt a soft tap on my shoulder. I turn around to be met with the face of La'terria. "Oh wassup, Terri." She put on a fake smile. "Hi, Tyson, can I speak to you for a moment?" I looked around and then back at her. "Sure." she walked over to a corner near the bathroom with me following right behind her. She stopped in front of the bathroom. There was silence so I decided to spark the conversation. "So I see after you bone you don't answer text messages." She sighed. "I was gonna text you back." I laughed, finding it amusing. "Why are you ignoring me anyway, ma?" She smacked her lips. "I wasn't ignoring you." When I heard that, my eyes got big. "Oh so, what do you call it?" She paused. "It's complicated." I laughed. "No, you're making it complicated, ma. Just admit that you want me as much as I want you." She looked away in deep thought. "So if I admit that I want you,where do we go from here?" I smiled. "So do you want me?" She nodded her head "yes". I nodded. "So let's give this a try." I said motioning in between our bodies. "Okay." She said. I leaned down and pecked her on the lips. I really do want Terri and I do want this to work, but I don't think imma tell her about my wife, that'll just ruin everything.

La'terria's POV (Next Day)

"So you and Tyson together now?" Arielle asked while drinking her drink. "Yea, I guess you can say that we're official." She nodded. "That's good you got something to focus on besides school."

"Yea, I guess that's a good way to put it." I said as we walked around the park drinking on our lemonade.
"So, how you and Trenton doing?" I asked out of pure curiosity. "I mean we date, kiss, and text, stuff like that but we're not official." I nodded my head. "Gotcha."

"Hey, La'terria." I turned around immediately. "Oh hey, Mariah." I said as we pulled one another into a hug.

"Long time, no see." She says smiling. "I know right, but it's good to see you again, girl."

"Likewise but we should catch up one day." I nod my head in agreement. "Yea that would be great." She said as I wrote my number on a piece of paper and handed it to her. "Alright, I'll see you soon." She said while walking away.

Mariah was one of my closest friends/cousins in high school. We lost contact when we went our separate ways to different colleges. Seeing her again made me happy, she was always a genuine person. "Who was that?" Arielle asked almost as soon as Mariah walked away. Nosy a#$.

Tyson's POV

Me and my childhood friend Jayce were playing pool in my house. I needed advice so I called him up,he always knows what to say."So my boy in a relationship now,huh? "Jayce asked while focusing on the balls on the table."Yea I guess so, Terri cool man. I mean, I wanna see where this thing between us leads to." I say as I strike the ball with my stick,causing two to go in.

"So you actually gone be committed? I know you ,Tee. And as long as I've known you, you've never taken any of your relationships serious"

"This might be different,Jayce," I paused for a minute. "She just seems......... different to me." He nodded in understanding. "Just don't do something you gone regret, man." I shook my head.

"It's probably too late for that, bruh." I said as I hit the last ball in the hole.

La'terria's POV

I made my way into the gym for my routine workout. I sat on the bench, put on my earphones, and started to stretch. After I finished getting loose, I made my way to the treadmill. I had been running for at least fifteen minutes until my phone started to ring, it was my mom.

"Hello?"

"Hey, baby girl. How you doing?"

"I'm doing good mama, how about you?"

"I'm doing just good baby, when you coming home to visit?"

I thought for a second. "Well my college classes are over so you should expect to see me in a day or two."

"Okay baby. Well, I'm gone let you get back to whatever you doing. Okay?"

I shook my head as if she could see me. "Okay mama, love you."

"I love you too, stink." She said calling me by a nickname she made up for me when I was little.

"Mama, I'm too old for that name now."

"You'll always be my stink. Bye baby."

I could feel her smiling through the phone,causing me to smile. "Bye, mama. Love you."

"Love you too, baby."

End of Convo

After hanging up, I got off of the treadmill to get a swallow of some of my Gatorade.

.......
.......

I drove home, listening to the radio. I got into my apartment, sat my stuff down and went to the bathroom for a long shower. I got out and put on my oversized t-shirt, my boy shorts, and my Nike elite socks. I curled up on the couch, eating flammin hot cheetos, and watching reruns of the The Parkers. I was stuffing my face when my doorbell started to ring. I sighed in frustration as I got up from the couch. I made my way to the door and stood on my tippy toes to see who was on the other side. It was Ty and I immediately started smiling. I swung the door open. "Wassup, bae."

I noticed the two containers in a plastic bag. "Is that food?" I asked.

"Yea, I wanted to chill with you and eat, that type of thing. That okay with you?"

I stepped to the side,allowing him to come in. "That's fine with me. Anytime food is involved is perfect for me."

"Good to know. What you been doing?" He asked while sitting on my couch. I sat down and snuggled up against him, with his big muscular arms embracing me.

****
****

"Do you want some or are you just gone watch?" I smiled kind of embarrassed. Ty brought Chinese food and I saw the orange chicken on his plate and I've been staring for the longest. "Yes, it's about time you found your manners."

"You keep talking to me like you crazy you ain't gone get none." He said as he fed me.

"Thanks and I can talk to you how I want to." I said laughing.

"Is that so?" He asked.

"Yes it is-..... Ahh! No! I said as he tickled me."

"Is that so?" He repeated. I was out of breath but I managed to say, "Yes, it is so! Stop Ty!"

"Not until you say no." He said as he continued to tickle me.

"Okay! Okay! No!" I finally said. He stopped tickling me.

"That's what I thought." He said as he got from on top of me."

"Your a punk." I said pouting. He picked me up and sat me on his lap. "I'm a punk?" He asked as he kissed me on my cheek.

"Yes. A big one."

"Imma punk?" He repeated, kissing me on my neck. He continued to kiss me as he asked the same question over and over again.

"Yes, Ty. Quit." I said as he kissed me all over my face.

"Nah, imma punk right, bae?"
I was silent.

"I love you, babycakes."

I blushed and said, "I love you too, babe."

He kissed me on my lips.

Main Characters in MM.