Chapter 17

"Terria, you can go now. Your shift is up." La'terria's boss, Cassidy, said as she watched La'terria restock the shelf with crew neck tees. "Cass, I need to work as much as possible to keep myself from thinking about the bullshvt that I'm going through in my personal life." La'terria said, not even looking away from the shirt she was folding in her hand. Cassidy threw her hands up in surrender. "Okay, just lock up when you leave." She said sitting the key on the counter and gathering her stuff to leave.

La'terria POV

After doing an hour's worth of work around the shop, I decided to lock up and go home. While walking out of the door, I place my hood on my head, trying to avoid the rain that was pouring down.

I started to make my journey to my car, but I'm stopped when I hear my name being called. "La'terria!"

I spin around on my heel. I bend slightly and squint my eyes trying to see the unknown person in the car. Whoever it is, rolls the window down some more, it's Tyson. I slightly roll my eyes in disappointment and I turn around to continue my walk to my car. "Come on, La'terria. Hear me out!" He manages to say over the sound of the rain. I turn around with my hand on my hip. "I gave you time and you didn't do anything with it but waste MY time." I said with a slight attitude.

He sighed heavily. "I know just let me talk to you."

"Tyson, it's raining!" He looked around for a second before speaking again. "Well, get in."

I looked at the door of the car hesitantly. "Come on, I'm not gone hurt you."

I look around for a moment and get in the car reluctantly. I put my seatbelt on and look out the window, avoiding eye contact with him. After five minutes of riding around in the car in silence, he strikes up a conversation.

"Okay Terri, I know what I did was fvcked up, but believe it or not I loved you when we were a thing and I still do." I was silent.

"I got you something." He said after he figured out that I wasn't going to respond to him. He reached in the backseat and picked up a black bag. He attempted to hand it to me, but I just looked at it and folded my arms. He gotta come better than that.

"Terri, I'm tryin to make this right." He said looking at me and then placing his eyes back on the road.

I shook my head. "You can't......... not like this. You can't buy your way back into my heart. You can't buy my love back, my trust." I said looking at the side of his face.

"And if you do think that, you must not know me as well as I thought you did." I finished looking out the window into the dark sky once more.

Seconds later, we pulled back up to the parking lot of my workplace. I climbed out of his car. "I love you, Terria and I'll never stop." He said looking straight ahead. I paused for a second and finally stood up from the seat. "Bye, Tyson." I said before closing the door.

(The Next Week)

La'terria

It has been a week since me and Tyson had our little conversation and he's been getting on my last nerve. He calls, he comes by my job, by my apartment. I'm glad he realizes that I want his time and not his money. I really do love Tyson it's just that I cannot make this easy for him. He can't just lie to me and think that when he comes back apologizing that I should just forgive him and things go back to normal, it doesn't work that way. Even though he did me wrong, I still think that we can work this out.

Tyson's POV

"Mmph!" I grunted as I bench pressed in our team gym. "One more!" I said through gritted teeth. I took a sigh of relief as I set the bar back on its stand. I sat up on the bench and took a sip of my powerade. Surprisingly, I haven't been to see Terria today, but don't count me out. I'm trying to earn her trust back, and I'm trying to find a place where we can go and have fun. I think I know the perfect place. I thought to myself as I walked to the doubledoors to exit the gym. Now all I need to do is get on Terri's good side.

La'terria's POV

Tyson hasn't talked to me all day. I'm kind of relieved and worried at the same time. I walked out of the elevator, digging in my bag for the keys to my apartment. "That's what I'm talking bout!" I said holding up my set of keys. I was tired from overtime at work even though it was my choice to work overtime, but anyway I would love a shower and a good night's sleep. I kicked off my shoes and made my way to the bathroom to run my water. After washing up, I plopped down on the couch and tuned into Empire. This is my show!!!

€£€£
£€£€

I woke up, rubbing my eyes and looking around, realizing that I was still on the couch in the living room. I slowly stood up from the couch, grabbing my phone almost simultaneously. I look at the time. "2am" I mumble to myself.

I decided on walking to the kitchen to get something to drink. I grabbed a bottle of minute maid fruit punch and made my way to my room. I took one more look at my phone to see that I had a notification saying I had a new text message. "I didn't see that the first time." I mumbled. I pulled my covers back, climbing into bed. Once I was comfortable, I unlocked my phone to see a text from no one other than Tyson.

Tyson: We need to talk. (12:45 am)

I looked long and hard at the message. Should I give him a chance?

Me: Walkin's Diner 4pm tomorrow (2:40 am)

Tyson: Okay (2:43)

"Let the game begin." I said as I laid down and pulled the covers over me, letting sleep overtake me.