Part 10.

"Anna, stop." Kathleen growled in her sleep. We've been on the road for a few hours, and I've decided to pull in a pit stop for some gas and snacks. I pinched her nose again, laughing as she slapped my hand away.
"Stop it!" She groaned. I took my finger, put it in my mouth, then stuck it in her ear. She shot up, glaring at me.
"What are you, a fucking child?" She yelled. I giggled uncontrollably, throwing my head back. She looked so panicked when she woke up. I looked at her, snorting and gasping. She's an angry little person. Her eyes softened and she started to laugh too.
"Where are we?" She asked.
"Philly." I answered. She nodded, hopping out the car. I followed her, wrapping my arms around her waist as we walked into the store. She's in a pair of baggy black and white Adidas pants, and a white spaghetti strap tank top that rides up, showing her pale stomach, and a long black and off white tribal sweater. Her hair is in a messy bun with my blue hair tie, and there's hickeys traveling on her neck. Each of our hands were laced together as we walked together around the store.
"Hey! There's a lingerie shop." She exclaimed. I looked down at her.
"You want to go in there?" I asked her. She nodded, her devious smile on her face. We walked into the store and she forced me to stay outside. She soon walked out, her eyes having an amused glint in them.
"What did you get?" I asked trying to look in her bag. She smirked, pulling away from me.
"You'll see." She answered. I pursed my lips and pushed my eyebrows together.
"I wanna tease you, a little." She revealed. I shrugged, rolling my eyes. She laughed, wrapping her arms around me, pushing her hands inside my hoodie that's covering my head, kissing me softly. I kissed her back, wrapping my arms around her waist.
"Get a room, lesbos." Someone yelled. I laughed against Kathleen's mouth, not a care in the world.
"Come on, girl. Let's buy some food." I commanded. We bought as much snacks as possible, and a banana pudding shake from a fast food restaurant. Now we're back in the car, the sun setting so beautifully. She took down the hood in my convertible, the humid fall air warm and comforting. She pushed her face in the air, her mouth pulled in a wide smile. She looks so happy, so free. She looks the way I feel. So happy. I haven't felt this in years, and it feels fucking amazing. Everything Is Embarrassing by Sky Ferreira filled the car, both of us singing to the song, our fingers linked together as I drove.
"I love you." She whispered in my ear, kissing my cheek. I smiled.
"And I love you." I answered. I know this place where we can go and relax for a bit. It's a private area, but no one lives there because it was supposed to be 'haunted'. My father used to take me every Halloween before he lost his mind. I drove there, parking in the one spot behind all the trees.
"Wow, this is beautiful." Kathleen cooed, hopping out the car.
"Come in the backseat." I whispered as I hopped back there. She crawled into the seat, Creep by TLC on the speakers.
"Look what I have." I smirked at her as I opened my cigarette box. There lays some joints rolled up perfectly in between my cigarettes.
"I haven't gotten high since, God knows how long. How'd you get that?!" She whispered.
"Sofie." I answered.
"Why'd you take it?" She asked.
"Cause it's my 'culture' and we're gonna be high this entire trip." I answered her. She cocked her head sideways.
"What?" She asked. I laughed.
"My grandparents smoke weed. And they would like us to join them, so I might as well start early." I elaborated. She nodded, a smile on her face.
"Come on." I hopped out the car and grabbed her hand, our fingers combining as we walked. My all black outfit blended with the darkness that the night and the woods have produced. I took her to the bridge that sits above the water, the stars peeking through the dark sky. The crisp wind blows calmly, my eyes closing as we walked.
"This place is so old, that the plants and the trees have poked through the bridge." I whispered.
"It's beautiful. Look at the little flowers." Katy cooed. We sat down in the middle of the bridge, my black Jean covered legs stretched out to the other side as hers sit next to mine, our thighs touching as her feet reach at my knee. We listened to the water as I pulled out a joint, lighting it.
"You know what we look like?" She asked. I blew smoke into the air as I shook my head.
"You in your black nike hoodie and black jeans and black sneakers, as I look all girly and stuff, we look like those characters in movies. Like those who are secretly in love and stuff." She babbled. I listened to her as I inhaled more smoke. I handed it to her and I watched as she pulled from it. She ghost inhaled the smoke, before blowing it out. So cute. We continued to smoke, our eyes becoming lower and red. We smoked four joints. I think we'll be good for a while. I lit a Newport, bringing one of my knees up to my chin.
"This feels nice." She said, slowly. I hummed in agreement, smoking my cigarette.
"Anna, baby. You've gotten pale. And your bags are still there." She whispered, touching my face. I nodded.
"Yeah, I know. But I'm okay." I looked at her blood red eyes, blowing cigarette smoke in her face. My high became more intense thanks to the nicotine. I resisted the urge to rock back and fourth. Instead, I stood up and grabbed her hand.
"Wait!" She exclaimed. I looked at her, panicked.
"What?" I asked. She grabbed a flower and pushed my hoodie back. She pushed it into my hair.
"There." She smiled, her low eyes closing.
I laughed, putting my forehead on hers.
"Is this what it's like looking through your third eye?" I asked.
"Yes, I think so." She answered, kissing me softly. Her lips feel so good on mine. I moaned, kissing her deeply. I pulled back, holding her to me. She groaned in my shoulder.
"What's wrong, baby?" I asked.
"We don't have three eyes." She rasped. I laughed, the sound echoing in the air.
"Oh god, you're so silly." I giggled.
"Let's get out of here." We ran to the car, getting into our seats.
"What do you wanna listen to?" She asked as I drove off.
"King krule." I answered.
"Good choice." I heard her say. Out Getting Ribs started and I felt myself mellow out, driving on the road. This is such a beautiful feeling. I'm relaxed, I'm focused. Everything is louder, but calmer. I have my girl by my side. We continued driving all night, I didn't feel the need to take another break. She fell asleep, her snores filling the car along with the music. I thought about all the events that have taken place, lately. A small smile filled my face. I can't help but keep thinking that everything is good. So good. I looked down at Kathleen. She's such a good soul. She's reckless sometimes, but she's so good to me. She makes me feel whole and loved. She's helped me get through things I've never thought I'd overcome. I think about my mom. When she saw me in that bathroom, crying, naked and bleeding, she was devastated. She looked at me and then my father and just broke down. I love my mother. She didn't deserve to see that, but it didn't need to happen in the first place. I can't sit here blaming myself because that means I won't be able to move forward, but it's hard. It's hard not to blame myself because I could've told someone years ago, it could've been done and over with. Could I have done something to stop him? I could've hit him, but instead I froze. I felt a tear fall down my face and I wiped it quickly. I will not let myself cry. I will not let myself cry. I am strong, I am whole. He can't control me, anymore. He does not deserve my tears. I breathed deeply, looking at the sun rise as I drove through Washington. I'm rising like the sun, I control the color of my sky, the warmth of my people. I overcome the darkness and spread light, even if it's temporary. Everything is okay. Everything is good. I can start fresh like the sun introducing a new day. There's always today, and there's always tomorrow. I am okay.
"I'm okay." I breathed, driving on the road. I raised the volume to the music, a larger smile on my face.