Part 17:

"Dana, come in." She walked passed me, her head down, her eyes on the floor. Kathleen's phone started to ring and she grabbed it, walking into the other room. I shut the door and took a seat on the couch.
"Come sit." I patted the seat next to me. She obeyed.
"I need a place to stay." She whispered.
"You can always stay here. Would you like to talk about what happened?" I asked.
"She kicked me out." Her voice was monotone, but there was a slight crack at the end of her sentence. She looked up at me and her large eyes were scared, filled with tears. Kathleen took a seat next to me, tapping me on the shoulder.
"We had to reschedule for Sunday because she had an accident, so she couldn't make it today." She whispered. I nodded.
"You can stay here for as long as you need. Was there a reason?" I asked.
"S-she claimed I ate her food, when I didn't. I haven't eaten properly in a few weeks. I l-lost my job, so I used five dollars out of the twenty you gave me to eat and then went home to her screaming. She told me to be out by today and well, here I am." She broke down into tears, crying into her hands and my heart filled with pain.
"I'll go set up the guest room." Kate whispered, kissing my shoulder.
"No, you can sit. It's okay, I'll go do it." I said, standing up. She shook her head, but I blocked her as she tried to walk. She gave up and plopped down on the couch. I ran up to the guest room and made the bed and laid out some clothes for her. After fixing everything up, I checked the guest bathroom to make sure everything worked and then ran downstairs. Dana looked up at me, her face filled with exhaustion.
"I'll take you up to your room. Are you hungry? Would you like anything?" I asked her. She nodded, her head down as I walked her up the steps.
"That's your room, and that's your bathroom. We have soap, and there's bath bombs and bubble soap in the cabinet if you'd like to use it. If you need some time alone, just keep your doors closed and we'll get the message. Uh, just ask if you need anything. And oh.." I ran to my room and pulled out a spare toothbrush and ran back, handing it to her.
"Uh here. To brush your teeth." I flashed her a smile and she returned a small one, back.
"Thank you, Annamarie." She whispered. I nodded and closed her door, before walking down. I joined Kate in the kitchen and hugged her to me. I heard sniffles and I looked at her face.
"What's the matter?" I asked, pouting.
"Hormones." She grunted. I giggled, kissing her neck.
"How about you sit down. What would you like to eat?" I asked her. She pondered for a second, rubbing her stomach.
"I want Chinese food. And maybe a 7/11 slushy with hot fries." She told me, a large grin on her face.
"Alright. It's after eight, so I guess we can go out. Chinese buffet out in queens has calamari and sushi." As I said that, Kathleen moaned.
"Hell yeah. Your baby might just have my appetite, even though it's the size of a pea." She giggled, looking down at her stomach. God, I'm gonna be a mom!
"We gonna be mommies." I said in the cutest voice possible as I blew a raspberry on her neck. She giggled, gripping the back of my neck as I kissed her, softly.
"Let's go get changed. You can give her my bell bottoms to wear and that bblu shirt that I have." She whispered, looking down at our laced fingers. I nodded, and held her waist as we walked upstairs. I placed the clothes on the bed in her new room and walked to mine. I heard the shower running so I picked out my clothes. A plain white t-shirt with fitted black and white adida soccer pants, and my taxi 12's. After Kathleen got out the shower, I hopped in and conditioned my hair and soaped my body, getting every crevasses, before washing off and hopping out. I got dressed and pulled my hair in a ponytail, before throwing on a snap back. I applied some cherry carmax and grabbed my things before walking out the room. I saw Kate in a fitted long sleeved gray bodycon dress and her white converses. Her hair is in fluffed curls and her face was makeup free. I looked at Dana and she was in the clothes I gave her.
"Y'all ready?" I asked. They both nodded and I grabbed my car keys before locking up the house. We walked to the car and I made sure they were both secure, before driving off. I laid my free hand on Kathleen's thigh as she sang to the radio. She side eyed me, before looking in the back of the car.
"She's knocked out." Kathleen sighed. I ran my hand up and down her thigh, hearing her breathing shudder.
"Stop it." She whimpered.
"Why?" I asked.
"There's a child in the car." She huffed. I pulled my hand away.
"You right." I said, laughing as she slapped my thigh. We reached the restaurant and I opened the door for Katy, before opening the door for Dana.
"Dana?" I asked, shaking her arm. She didn't move.
"Daaaaaanaaaaaa." I dragged. She didn't budge. I frowned.
"There's something wrong. She isn't waking up." I moaned.
"Maybe she passed out. Here, go into that store and get a bottle of water and a snickers bar." She hissed. People were watching as I ran into the corner store. I got the snickers and a bottle of water, before running back. I saw a crowd of people and I ran over.
"Dana?" I asked.
"Hm.." She moaned. I opened the snicker bar and shoved a piece in her mouth, watching her chew. Her eyes flickered open and she sat up.
"What is that?" She asked, sleepily.
"A snickers bar." I replied. Kate looked at me and smiled.
"Oh." She whispered, biting into it. I sighed in relief and handed her the bottle of water as the crowd started to dissipate. I helped her out the car and locked the doors, walking into the restaurant. We took our seats and I stared at Dana's chocolate covered face. She smiled widely at me, a sugar rush clearly holding her up.
"Drink some of your water." I whispered. She downed the whole bottle. We ordered our drinks and went to the buffet. After we sat back down, we ate quietly, before I decided to break the silence.
"Where you from, Dana?" I asked. I looked up at her and she shrugged. Kathleen pinched my thigh.
"You in school?" I asked. She shook her head. I frowned.
"What grade were you in last?" I asked her. She shrugged.
"Home schooled. I'm supposed to be in ninth grade." She stated. I sighed.
"Do you have any hobbies you like to do? Or activities?" Kate asked as she bit into her dumpling.
"I like to journal. Write poetry, and I play piano. I also paint. I was forced to take lessons when I was about twelve, and I've held on to it, ever since. I also read, but I haven't had any new books to look into." She babbled. She's not illiterate, which is a wonderful thing.
"Anna likes to read. My mother knows how to play piano, maybe she could teach you some more stuff." Kate suggested as she sipped her sprite. Dana smiled, looking down at her plate.
"What do you like to do, Kate?" She asked.
"I like to paint and make little things. Like crafty stuff." She replied. She does. She made our door mat out of old clothes in like an hour.
"I saw the cat in the hallway. Do you have any more pets?" She asked us.
"I have a snake." Her eyes widened.
"It won't hurt you. It's locked in a tank." I laughed. She exhaled, shooting me an apologetic smile. She's just the cutest with her large innocent eyes and shy attitude.
"Do you guys like drink and smoke?" She asked suddenly. I blinked, rapidly, taken aback by her question.
"Well, I'll be honest with you. We smoke and a few glasses of wine, but we can't do that anymore." Kate smiled, her cheeks red as she pushed her face in my shoulder.
"Oh, that's good. May I ask why, though? I mean a few glasses of wine seems appropriate, and I mean as long as you don't do like crack or something, that's okay." She blubbered out of nervousness.
"Today we learned that she's pregnant." I stated. Her face changed, completely to pure confusion.
"Woah. Congratulations. B-but how?" She asked slowly, unsure of the question being appropriate or not. Kathleen explained it as I ate and the little girl was shocked, but truly amazed.
"That's amazing. That's probably gonna be the most beautiful baby in the world." She cooed. Kate blushed and I smiled. You got that right. We continued to eat and talk until the restaurant started to close. We grabbed our things and walked out.
"I still want a slushy." Kate groaned. I rolled my eyes and drove to the nearest 7/11 and we all went inside. I got a few bags of hot fries and slushy's, and then we went home.
"Alright, if you need anything we are right across the hall, okay? There's water bottles in the fridge and if you want snacks or something, they're all in the bottom cabinets next to the sink, okay?" I told dana as she slipped under the covers. She nodded.
"Alright. Goodnight." I walked into my room and slipped under the covers with Kathleen, holding her tight to me. I started to kiss her neck, my hands roaming around her body.
"Mm." She moaned as my fingers found her breasts, playing with her nipples.
"Are they sensitive?" I asked her. She nodded.
"Very. It started like two weeks ago. I couldn't even put on my bra without hissing." She sighed. I continued to play with them, tugging on her piercing.
"I'm so excited." I whispered as I trailed my fingers down her stomach.
"Doctors appointment is Saturday." She whimpered, gasping and clutching my wrist as I started to softly rub her clit. She moaned, her legs shaking.
"D-definitely more sensitive." She gasped. She kept her moans quiet until I pushed my fingers into her, moving them in and out, slowly. I curled them and she started to cum, biting down on my arm. I pulled out my fingers and wiped them down with a tissue.
"What are you, a water fountain?" I joked. She turned and slapped my arm, before laying her face on my chest.
"This is gonna be a wonderful journey." She whispered.
"It is, already." I replied. We both soon fell asleep in eachothers arms, thinking about the future that we will be living..
I felt someone shift away from me and hurried footsteps toward the bathroom and loud retching.
"Ah, Kate." I hissed, running toward the bathroom.
"Babe? You alright?" I asked, running my fingers through her hair.
"Yeah." She said, hoarsely. I felt a presence behind me and I whirled around, seeing Dana staring at Kathleen with worry.
"I heard from the room.." She trailed off as Kate doubled over in the toilet and threw up again.
"Maybe we should ask the doctor for something." I whispered. She shook her head.
"I don't want to have medication in me while carrying this child. I'm not even going to take my antibiotics. Just remind me to drink water." She answered, hurriedly.
"What about vitamins?" I asked. She shrugged, standing up. We brushed our teeth and did our morning routine, before I ran to my room. I got dressed for work in a simple black fitted button down and slim fitting black dress pants, and black vans. I flat ironed my hair and put a plastic black headband to push my hair back. I grabbed my things and ran downstairs, seeing Dana sitting on the couch watching television. I made breakfast, potatoes and eggs with bacon and pancakes. I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist and I smiled.
"So the smell of bacon isn't making you nauseated?" I asked. She chuckled.
"It is, but I can bear with it." She answered. I set up some plates and made a smoothie for all three of us and some mint tea for Kate instead of coffee. We don't usually drink coffee, but I just want to be extra careful with her.
"What's this?" Dana asked as she sipped the smoothie. Her face turned as she tasted it.
"It's a smoothie with spinach, carrots, and beets. Keeps you energized through the day." I replied.
"Like, vegetables?" The way she pronounced 'vegetables' was the cutest thing I've ever heard. Kathleen giggled.
"Yes, sweetie. Like vegetables." Kate answered.
"Ohh.." She dragged, continuing to drink it.
After we finished eating, I cleaned up and discussed with Kathleen on where we're going to keep her for the day.
"Sara doesn't work today." Kate answered.
"She's usually with mom, right?" I asked, slipping out my phone. Kate nodded.
"I have a meeting. Come on." She urged. We gathered our things and got in the car. I drive off to the highway when dana started to speak.
"Where are we going?" She asked, the innocent curiosity in her voice.
"Kate and I are going to work, so you'll be staying with my mother and sister until we come pick you up." I informed her.
"Oh. Are they nice?" She asked.
"Of course." Kate answered. I could hear in Dana's voice that she was nervous.
"Okay, here we are." I pulled into the driveway and hopped out, helping Kate out the car, along with Dana. The door swung open and I was greeted by a massive hug from my sister and mother.
"Well, good morning." I groaned.
"Hi, Kate. You look as beautiful as ever." My sister stared, staring her straight in the face. Kate blushed, hugging my sister.
"She's glowing. Literally. I see Anna's keeping you on your toes." My mom laughed.
"Ah, stop." I laughed. I heard Sofie's voice and we all greeted her.
"And who's this?" Sofie asked, bending to Dana's size.
"That's Dana. I-uh, we're helping her out a bit. She'll be living with us for a little, as far as I know." I answered. I saw her eyes dart to mine, her pale skin a shade of red as her lips were parted slightly.
"H-hello." She whispered, her eyes darting around. I smiled, walking toward her.
"Don't be shy. It's okay. They're family." I whispered, kissing her forehead. She nodded, grabbing the hand that Sofie pushed toward her and they walked inside. As soon as she disappeared, my mother turned to me, crossing her arms.
"Where did you find her?" She asked, looking at both Katie and I. As Katie was about to answer, her eyes literally crossed and she ran inside. Shit. My moms eyes widened and I waited.
"Are you guys making coffee?" Kate rasped as she walked back out after about five minutes.
"Yeah. would you like some?" My mother asked. She shook her head rapidly.
"Mm, no. That's fine. The smell is making me a little sick." And with that, she gagged into the recycling bin and I ran toward her, rubbing her back as she emptied her stomach.
"So much for waiting." I whispered. She laughed lightly, doubling over again, the vomit falling into the bin.
"I don't think I should go into work, today." She breathed, her hair sticking to her face.
"Is it that bad, this morning?" I asked, not realizing my mother and Sara watching us interact. I pushed her hair from her face. She nodded.
"I'll stay here. Maybe sit outside until the coffee smell goes away." She whispered. I nodded. We walked back to my mom and she eyed us skeptically, along with Sara who was bouncing with excitement.
"Can I stay here? For the day? I don't feel well." Kate sighed.
"Of course." My mom smiled, still looking between us. Sara smiled widely, looking like a little fairy.
"Why do you keep bouncing?" I asked her.
"She's pregnant, isn't she?" She squealed. I groaned, looking at Kathleen. She nodded.
"Yes, ma'am." Kathleen replied. Both my mom and Sara screamed, causing Sofie and Dana to run out.
"What?" Sofie asked. Dana just smiled.
"They're pregnant! They're having a baby!" Sara screamed. Sofie laughed loudly.
"Well, bloody hell. Who would've thought?" Sofie asked. I smirked.
"How far long?" Sara asked. Alright, well I'm really going to be late for work.
"I'm not exactly sure. Probably seven or eight weeks." She replied.
"Well, I have to go to work. So, I'll see you all later." I kissed Kate on the lips, before hugging everyone else and hopped in my car. I drove to work and walked into the office when I was immediately summoned by Celeste.
"Good morning, Annamariaaaaa." She sang. I gritted my teeth.
"What, you're not going to say it back? I bought you coffee." She said, pouting as she sat on my desk.
"Get off." I boomed.
"I love it when you're demanding." She moaned. I suppressed the urge to throw her off and walked to my Boss's office. Thank God it's Friday.
The rest of the day went by extremely slow. We didn't have much to do, so I played game fudge games every time my boss wasn't around. Celeste constantly came to my cubical and I swear I wanted to punch her in the fucking face. It was finally time to go, and I grabbed my things and went down to my car. As I put my stuff in trunk, I heard heels and I immediately groaned.
"Why are you so mean?" She asked, popping her gum. I turned and looked at her. Long strawberry blonde strings lay down her body, her bangs making her look like a Barbie doll. Her crystal blue eyes, so basic. I turned back around, not even attempting to entertain her bullshit.
"Baby.." She wined. My insides shook with irritation and I finally twisted around. Before I had a chance to say anything I was pushed against my car and her lips were on mine. I didn't dare kiss her back, instead I bit down hard enough for blood to pour out and she screamed as I pushed her away, causing her to hit the brick wall. My fists shook with rage.
"How dare you?!" I screamed at her. She held her lip, fear in her faux blue eyes.
"I do not want you. I am engaged. With a baby on the way. Do not ever try that bullshit again or worst will come to you. Do you understand?!" I yelled. She nodded.
"You will also be written up. Fuck!" I yelled, punching my car. I want to hit her so bad. My fist to connect with her face. To feel her bones against my knuckles.