Part 14.

A/N: 1k views, already!! Thank you!!!!!& this chapter is prolly boring. oh well! It will start to get interesting, soon. Enjoy!

Anna's point of view:

"Anna." Kathleen gasped. My heart beat escalated as I stared into her dilated eyes. Tears welled into my eyes and I twisted around, gasping as the sobs ripped through me. I hyperventilated as I cried and walked out the club, small hurried footsteps right behind me. Three and a half months. Three and a half months since she's been gone. I cried harder, slamming down on the curve of the sidewalk, holding my face in my hands.
"You left me!" I sobbed, rocking back and fourth. I looked up at her and she just stared down, her eyes empty. I stood in front of her.
"Why? All of a sudden. Why?" I asked, wiping my face. She just stared at me, her eyes filling with tears. She grabbed her arm and pushed her sleeve up and I stared down. There was a vertical line going down her arm, and scars covering it.
"Why didn't you tell me?" I cried.
"I did it after I left. I couldn't handle the pain. I'm in a bad place, Anna. I started doing morphine, again. I'm just so sad." She whaled. I grabbed her and held her to me as she cried. People watched but I didn't care.
"Come, it's getting cold. My house is too far from here and I took the bus. Where are you staying?" I asked. She looked up at me, and tried to protest.
"Please, Kate. Just let me take care of you. For tonight, and then I'll leave. I promise." I admitted, the pain creeping up my back. She nodded, the bags under her eyes showing that she hadn't slept. We walked together, both our hoods on, in all black clothes. I lit a cigarette and she did too. The night was dark, cold. A few street lights were on but that's it. As I smoked, I felt her fingers find mine and our fingers laced. I held in a smile and continued to smoke my bogie. We walked into this cheap, crappy looking motel.
"Aye aye. Your time is almost up. You got pay!" An Indian guy yelled. Kathleen just kept walking through the hallway, men staring at us. She walked to a door and took her keys out and opened it. She pushed it open with her hip and held the door for me. Wow, this place is crappy. It smells like mold and pipe water.
"Mi casa." She sniffed, rubbing her nose. Her withdrawals are starting. I sighed, sitting on the couch.
"Kathleen.." I started. She put her hands up.
"Don't start. I know exactly what you're gonna say." She snapped. She walked to the couch and sat next to me.
"I bumped into Sara, today." She stated.
"What?! When?!" I asked.
"Yeah, um. You're doing ketamine? With coke? Or pure?" She asked. I sighed, taking the bag out of my pocket. She groaned and stood up, her face turning red.
"Are you crazy?" She yelled. I looked down at her, getting angry.
"Am I crazy? Are you fucking nuts?! You fucking left! What else was I supposed to do?" I yelled back. Her nostrils flared.
"What, you think go around doing cocaine is gonna help?!" She screamed.
"Are you fucking kidding me? You're the one doing morphine." I boomed.
"I have an addiction, Annamarie. You know this! Don't make me the asshole here." She argued.
"No! You're not an asshole. You're a hypocrite. So stop being such a bitch!" I screamed. Her hand flew and a sharp smack landed on my cheek. I stared in shock and she just glared at me. I grabbed her cheeks with my hand and stared down at her with anger. She pushed me away and I pushed her back. As she tried hitting me again I grabbed her shoulders and slammed my lips against hers. She kissed me back, softly as she held my waist. We stayed like this for a while, just kissing each other. She pulled back and stared up at me, before walking to the bathroom and shut the door. I threw my hat on the floor and ran my fingers through my hair. The itch is coming back. I need her. Not Kathleen. The white slut that's sitting on the table. I need to spread her and just take her into my veins.
"Fuck." I hissed as I opened the bag and sprinkled her on the board. I spread her into five lines and sniffed sniffed sniffed.
"Ah." I moaned, my head in the air.
"Where the fuck are my pills?" She yelled, pushing the door open. I can't believe we turned into this. These addicts. She grabbed the bag and walked back to the bathroom, not even bothering to close the door. I heard her start to cry and I walked into the bathroom.
"I finished them." She sobbed into her hands. I sat on the floor with her, looking at the dried blood in the sink and on the floor.
"Did you sew your arm back together?" I finally asked her.
"Yes. I didn't want to leave so I ripped a thread from one of my dresses and looked for a needle. The morphine came in handy." She chuckled, humorlessly.
"I did pass out afterward, though. Woke up to room service staring at me. I payed her not to say anything." She whispered. I rubbed her back and thought of something brave.
"Hold on." I told her, standing up and walking to the table. I stared down at the drugs and grabbing them. I sprinted to the bathroom and opened the toilet bowl and dumped it all in there.
"Anna, wait!" She yelled and I didn't even hesitate. I flushed the toilet and stared as it went down. I took so much today that I was close to an overdose. I'll be okay. It's Kathleen I need to worry about. I turned and looked at her. Her body was shaking as she looked around the room.
"Stand up." She obeyed and I saw blood dripping from her arm.
"Shit." I hissed. I guided her to the room and sat her down on the bed. Without the morphine, the feelings and symptoms she's been hiding is starting to hit her. I went to the bathroom and ran the water in the tub, then I looked through the very small closet and found a pair of loose shorts and a large t shirt. My large t shirt. I grabbed them and laid them on the bed and looked at her. She was basically out of it. Her eyes closed.
"Come here, baby." I whispered, trying to pull off her hoodie. Her hair grew, it laying just below her shoulders. I ran my fingers through it.
"Lift your arms up, babe." I said. She obeyed and I pulled off her shirt. I lifted her and unbuttoned her pants and pulled them off her legs. I peeled off her socks and lifted her up, carrying her to the bathroom. I sat her down on the toilet and touched the water. It's warm enough. I stripped her from her underwear and laid her into the tub, it turning slightly red from the open cuts she has. She opened her eyes and looked at me. I stared back, watching her sink under, before coming back up. I handed her the little bar of soap and she soaped up, the water turning a musty grey color. I lit a cigarette and brought one of my knees up and rested my elbow on it. I handed her the box and she pulled out a Newport and lit it, her eye makeup running down her face. We sat in silence, me cuddled in my black hoodie, smoking as I stared at her. She stared back, a comfortable, but intense silence traveling between us. I can't even believe it. Look what happened to us. I shook my head, and exhaled in the air. We stayed this way for an hour, empty glances and cigarettes. I soon stood and handed her the towel that hangs off the bed. I walked into the bedroom and sat in the little chair in the corner. I looked at the time and it's after midnight. She walked into the room and put on the clothes I took out for her.
"Are you hungry?" I asked her. She nodded, crawling onto the really small bed, her legs under the covers. I stood and walked to the fridge and opened it. There's literally nothing but a box. I opened it and there's little pieces of lasagna in it.
"How about some pizza?" I asked, looking at her.
"Anna, you don't have to.." She started but I cut her off.
"I want to." I answered her. She sighed.
"Do you want me to come?" She asked.
"No. Just stay here and rest until I get back. Lock the door." I demanded. I grabbed her keys and my phone and walked out. I heard a click and sprinted out the motel, looking around for a pizzeria.
"Papa johns." I grinned and ran across the street. I ordered two large pies, one with pineapples and the other with pepperoni. I got bread sticks and soda, before walking to the nearest corner store. I bought a few gallons and bottles of water and a few beers and walked back to the motel.
"Hey! You!" The same Indian guy yelled. I groaned, looking at him.
"What?" I snapped. He flinched back and looked at my hands.
"You and that girl need to pay! She stay here too long!" He exclaimed. I huffed in frustration.
"How much for another week?" I asked. You can literally see the money signs in his eyes. I swear, money affects people like poetry.
"Two hundred." He smirked. I threw a few bills at him and continued to walk toward the room.
"Hey, you. This for you and your girl?" Some crack head, asked. I ignored him, and continued walking.
"I'm talking to you, nigga." He spat. I turned and looked at him, my eyes black with anger.
"I'm not a nigga." I spat, before turning around and walking to the door. I looked for the keys, hearing him mumble an apology and opened the door, before slamming it shut. Kathleen gasped, before realizing it was me. I should really take off my hoodie. I walked to the kitchen area and put everything there, before putting the drinks in the fridge. I took off my hoodie and my hat, sighing as I felt the A/C touch my skin. I took off my shoes and walked to the chair I was sitting at and put the pizza boxes on the bed. We ate, watching Prozac Nation in silence. I put the left overs in the fridge and handed her a bottle of water.
"Drink it." I demanded. She obeyed, downing the entire bottle. I grabbed a plastic bag and put in there. I turned off the lights, the glow of a random lava lamp filling the room. I sat back down and watched her. She laid down and eventually fell asleep. Tears fell down my face as I looked at her. I wiped them away, feeling the pain creep up on me. I stayed for a little while more watching her sleep. I finally stood up, getting a good look of her, before grabbing my hoodie and putting it on. I grabbed my things and as I started to walk I heard her inhale sharply.
"D-don't leave." She whispered. I turned around and looked at her. Her eyes were filled with pain. I didn't even hesitate. I took off my clothes, and slipped into the small bed. She clung to me and I held her close. I heard her start to snore and I looked around. I set my phone for six am so I can get some stuff done, because she will definitely wake up to withdrawal pains.