Part 11

A/N: I've decided to show my inspiration for my characters, physical wise. I made up the personalities of my characters, but up there is Anna & Kathleen. :)

Everything was perfect. Everything. Thanksgiving was amazing, our family together, eating and getting along. Christmas was peaceful, a little group of us together exchanging gifts and drinking eggnog. Getting my New Years kiss from the girl I love the most, and I've been going to therapy every other Saturday. Note, though. I said everything was perfect..
I woke to constant banging at my front door. I shot up quickly, Kathleen right next to me, her new hair a birds nest. She got a drastic haircut, her hair now laying just above her shoulders, the left side slightly shaved. I stood up, pulling on my sweats and walking downstairs, grabbing my bat.
"Who is it?" I boomed.
"It's Sara." I heard my sisters sweet voice say.
"Who is it?" I heard Kathleen whisper.
"Sara." I answered as I opened the door. She walked into the house, her curly brunette hair tousled and messy, her hazel eyes filled with pain.
"Sweetie, what are you doing? It's five in the morning, and snowing!" Kathleen asked as she guided my sister to the couch. We each sat down, and she looked at me. I analyzed her face. She looks just like our mother, except her eyes are hazel. Her pale face identical to my mothers when she was in her twenties. You wouldn't think we were sisters when you first get a look at us. I'm darker, taller. She's short, curvier than me, and a lot lighter. More feminine features.
"Um, I-I'm sorry. I just." She exhaled deeply, covering her face with her shaking hands, the only light coming from the windows.
"Take your time." I whispered, rubbing her back. She hissed slightly, making me frown. Kathleen stood up to make her some tea as I took her coat and umbrella. She's in a pink sweater and polka dot pajama pants. She must be freezing. She shivered as the heat in our house got to her. I handed her a tissue and continued to rub her back.
"Here, sweetie." Kathleen handed her the tea. She gave her a grateful smile and sipped a little, before putting it down.
"Would you like to talk about what happened?" I asked. She nodded, swallowing.
"I had the late shift so I got home around four a.m. Jake said he dropped the kids off to his mothers house because he wouldn't be home all night. So I thought I was alone, b-but I wasn't." She sobbed into her hands. I glanced at Kathleen, before looking back at my sister.
"I heard music coming from our bedroom and I smelt candles so I thought he was surprising me. I opened the door and.." She choked on her words as she cried.
"I saw him. Kissing another man and a woman watching." She sobbed loudly. My jaw dropped as I heard the news and heard Kathleen gasp.
"When he saw me, he was speechless. The other people left and he tried talking to me but I just screamed at him. He shook me and said would you listen? He's never been so aggressive. I asked how long it's been going on, and he said before we started dating. Then he said he knows there's something going on between Sofie and I, so I felt guilty. Yes, there's something going on between Sofie and I but its not lasting for long, considering my wedding was coming up. I told her this, too. I tried talking to him, but then I realized all the years we've been together he's been cheating, while my affair with Sofie lasted only a couple of months. So I got angry. He noticed and something just flickered in his eyes and he backhanded me in the face. He didn't even give me a chance to breathe he just kept hurting me and I screamed for him to stop. He didn't. H-he." She couldn't finish speaking. She was in hysterics. We both held her, tears burning in my eyes with anger.
"Did he do anything else?" I asked, quietly. She nodded.
"He tried having sex with me. He ripped off my clothes, but before he had a chance to do anything I grabbed a pot and smacked him over the head. He passed out, and I ran for it. I packed some stuff for the kids and myself and I drove here." She cried. That bastard!
"I'm so sorry. You can stay here for as long as you need. He's gonna get his." I growled.
"Don't do anything reckless, Annamarie." Kathleen shot me a look.
"Please. Just leave it alone." Sara cried.
"At least tell the police, babe. He assaulted you." Kathleen said, wiping the tears off Sara's face. She nodded.
"I was considering that. I might just pawn this ring and try to get full custody of the kids. I'm so scared." She shook. I wrapped my arms around my sister.
"You have to do it. You have to. Now." I whispered. She looked at me, her large eyes filled with fear as her eyebrows were pushed into a frown. She nodded, rapidly.
"Yes. Please take me to the unit. Please. This hurts so bad. I think he broke one of my ribs." She moaned.
"Do you have any marks? Bruises?" I asked. She nodded, hissing as she stood up. She pulled off her sweater and I gasped. She has bruises all over her back and her ribs. She's purple and blue everywhere. She pushed off her pants and there lays scars and scratches all over her thighs. There's dried blood all over. I turned the light on higher and looked at her face. Busted lip and hand print on her cheek.
"Let's get you to the hospital. Now." Kathleen urged. I grabbed my keys and my jacket as Kathleen ran upstairs to get her clothes on. I helped her get her clothes back on and she hissed and groaned in pain a few times. I helped her into my winter truck, snow piled everywhere. I turned it on, putting on the heat, before helping my sister lay in the back seat.
"Anna, it hurts." She groaned, clutching her stomach.
"I know. I'm gonna get you help." I breathed, hopping into the drivers seat. Kathleen got in the car, and I took off to Bellevue..