Chapter Sixteen.

···

I felt more nervous than usual today. I was at the coffee shop, but couldn't force myself to walk inside. I knew what was waiting for me through those doors and it scared me. For my whole life I had never really been afraid of anything until now. All because of him. I could feel my hands begin to tremble and I wanted to believe it was because of the cold air but I knew better. I had to be strong. For everything I love, I had to be strong.

I slowly walked toward the door infornt of me. As I opened it, the bell above, rang, signaling I was inside. I noticed a few eyes looking at me, but at the moment, all I saw were blank faces, until my eyes came across one familiar face. a face that will scare my brain for life. His face. He wasn't looking at me, but I could tell he knew I was here. I notice my feet guiding me toward him and as they did so, my mind went blank. I could feel hatred and sadness as I got closer but I couldn't stop myself, and I knew why. I wanted this to be over. Before I realized I was a the chair in front of him, sitting down. For a while, there was silence between us, unlike the noises running through the café.

"So, you do listen." He spoke up, but was content at starring at his tea.

"What do you mean?" Was all I could respond.

"Where were you yesterday?" He said quietly then sipped his drink. I watched his movement as he sat it down, and noticed I had a tea next to me.

"I-" I paused, debating on telling him the truth. "I was home. With Ryan. W-we were watching tv."

"Is that so."

"Yes." I replied quickly.

"Ah. What about the night before. I thought I asked you something- no, wait. I Told you something that night. Do you remember what that was?" He finally looked at me and when he did, I felt my chest get deep. My breathing became heavy and I wanted to run but was paralyzed with fear in my seat. "Do you?" He repeated with a slight kindness in his voice. He was trying, but I knew it was fake. I finally managed to move, but all I did was sipped out of the cup in front of me.

"N-no. I don't- I don't remember."

"Well, I do, so I'll tell you." He moved his cup to the side. I took another sip of the tea, because for some reason, it made me feel a little calm. "What I told you to do the night before was to see me yesterday, that I wanted you, and as are agreement had it, you were suppose to be there. But where were you?"

"I for-"

"You-!" He slammed his hand down, then paused. I took another sip and began to feel light headed. "You weren't with me, so I had to meet you today." He looked me in the eyes, but it felt like he was looking into my soul. "I really wish you would have come when I told you to, because then." He paused and looked at the hand I had my cup in. "Because then I wouldn't have had to put something in your drink."

I felt my eyes go big and my heart began to pound. I looked down at the tea and dropped it, spilling it on the table. I tried getting up and running, but my vision started getting blurry. I could hear a crash behind me, I was guessing it was my chair as I struggled to move away from him.

"Sorry, sorry everyone, she's been drinking. I'm taking her home. Sorry about the mess." I could hear him behind me making up a story as I struggled to get to the door. I felt and arm grab mine and go over a shoulder, I tried looking but it was to blurry. "Come on, let's get you home." The voice was distorted, but I could tell it was his. My legs gave out underneath me, and as he got me out of the café, the last thing I saw that smile, then everything went Black.

···