Chapter Eight.

···

  I grabbed the simple black cocktail dress off the bed and placed against my body, looking at it in the mirrior. Ryan told me he had a special date planned for us. He gave me the dress and said to be ready by 8:30. I wasn't sure what was going on but I liked surprises. I had a thought he was doing this for my birthday but he didn't tell me happy birthday all day. Maybe he forgot. As I put it on, the dress hugged my body, accentuating my curves perfectly. I had to admit, he picked a wonderful dress.

  I slide my black high heel shoes on and slowly walked out the door. Ryans eyes moved up from his bowtie he was having problems with to my (Y/EC) eyes, making me blush when his mouth opened in awe. He looked me up and down, admiring the dress. He walked to me and brought my hands in his.

  "You look... Like an angel." He said, then kissed me. I could feel that I was still blushing.

  "An angel?" I looked at him smiling.

  "Yep, and you grabbed me from hell." He grinned widely, making a refrence to a show I watch. I laughed along with him.

  "Well you..." I paused to giggle, "You look like you're having trouble." I began fixing his bowtie. I could tell he was looking at me, and I loved how I felt when he did. My stomach would feel all squishy and warm and my heart would start to race. We've been together for two years and he makes me feel the same as the first day we met.

  When I finished his tie, I looked up to him, catching him smiling at me sweetly, making my heart beat fast again.

  "What would I do with out you?" He said, placing one hand on my face and the other on my hip.

  "Probably burn down your house from trying to cook breakfast." We laughed a little, then he kissed me and led me outside to the car.

  As we were driving, I suddenly felt nervous. He hadn't told me much besides that it was for my birthday. When I tried getting information out of him, he would kiss me, cover my mouth, or turn the t.v. volume up. But yesterday I did annoy him a little too much by asking, so much he got really up set and went to our bedroom. It took about an hour and a half of apologizing to get him out. But I couldn't help it. I wanted to know.

  He pulled the car into a parking lot for a really nice restaurant I had mentioned I wanted to go to. I looked at him as he opened the car door and helped me out.

  "Really? Ryan, how can you afford this?" I asked only because this place was said to be really expensive.

  "Don't worry about that, tonight is your night to feel as special as I see you." I felt my face get warm before he leaned down to kiss my cheek.

  As we got inside we were led to a booth next to a window with a good view of the whole restaurant. I was beautiful. Dim lights were hanging of the cieling, giving the place a warm glow. A few flowers were placed as center pieces at most of the tables. Laughter from friends and family filled the air along with the smell of something sweet.

  Suddenly, I looked at Ryan, noticing him admiring me as I was the restaurant. I grabbed his hand and smiled warmly.

  "Thank you for this. Its just... Amazing." I said, squeezing his hand a little.

  "That's what I was aiming for." He smiled.

  The waiter came by and asked what we would like, and Ryan ordered for both of us. As we waited we talked about how are days were and a few stories were every once in a while. When we got foodwe ate, talking about a few things when our mouths werent full. I was expecting the food to be great but it was so good. I got something along the lines of shrimp alfredo, it was simple but delicious.