Chapter Four.

···

  When I woke up the next morning, I noticed Ryan wasn't next to me anymore. Then the sudden smell of eggs and bacon filled my lungs, it mixed with the scent of smoke. I laughed a little.

  I was about to stand up when I thought, What if I look like a monster like yesterday morning? I frantically looked for my phone and turned it to the front camera. I fixed a few of the (Y/HC) strands sticking up from my hair. My makeup was better then I expected it to be, but I did take off most of it before I left to come to his house. Satisfied with what I could managed, I stood up and stretched.

  It wasn't that hard to find the kitchen since the scent of smoke got stronger as I got closer. When I turned into the door way of the kitchen, I saw the most adorable thing yet. Ryan was struggling to manage the eggs and bacon, getting popped with a little grease every once in a while. There was a cook book open next to the stove, but it was a pot roast recipe so it was just there I was guessing. The grease to the bacon popped and caused a small spark of fire to the burner next to it but thankfully didn't last. I heard him curse the bacon under his breathe, and at that point I couldn't contain my laughter.

  He spun around, I guess surprised by my sudden appearance in the doorway. "I thought you were still asleep so I-I was goin-" the grease popped him again. "Damn bacon!" I laughed again and walk towards the stove to help. I could tell he was looking at me with a sweet smile as I cooked for him.

  When we finished our breakfast with what was left of the eggs and bacon, that wasn't burned, he leaned back in his chair and let out a sigh.

  "That was really good, (Y/N). I could've done it but..." he paused and starred at the bacon on my plate with hatred. I giggled a little. "Bacon obviously hates me." He stole a piece of my leftover bacon. "But I love it... If someone cooks it for me." I smiled at him and took a bite of the last piece of bacon on my plate.

  "I was going to surprise you with breakfast." He said shyly. "And so you know, I can cook. But I don't usual make breakfast."

  "Oh so you can?" I laughed when I noticed his jaw drop a little.

  "Yes I-... You know what? I'll prove it. I'll cook you dinner. Nice and fancy!" He said while standing up as if protesting my sarcasm. He grabbed our plates and went to the kitchen. I followed to continue the conversation.

  "Th-That's okay. I don't want to be a bother." I stated. He turned from the sink and those beautiful emerald green eyes connected with my (Y/EC) eyes. As he spoke, his words were sturn but sweet.

  "I want to cook for you. Plus after this," pointing at the mess of burnt food and shells, "I want to prove I'm not a bad cook." I could feel my face get bright red with embarrassment. I smiled then turned away. Then I felt him put his hands on my shoulders, I looked back to him. Still blushing. "S-so, it's a... date?" He asked sweetly then looked away before I could answer.

  I felt my insides tingle with the word that was spoken. Date. After a few seconds a felt him let go and release a small sigh. "Y-yes!" I replied quickly, realizing I was sounding a little too excited. He looked at me and as his face stretched into the biggest smile I've seen him have, he pulled me into his arms. I hugged him back.

  After about a minute, but it feeling like an eternity of warmth and happiness, he released me. Before he turned around quickly, I noticed his face turn a deep red. I giggled quietly to myself.

  "U-umm... W-well, I guess you want to g-go home and change a-and stuff." He was rubbing the back of his head. Still blushing a little.

  "Yeah, that would be best. I don't want to look like this," referring to my dirty hair and face, as well as the messy clothes I was wearing from yesterday, "to our... d-date..." I felt my face warm up and I notice his did as well. He laughed a little, sounding nervous but it still had the angelic tone I loved.

  I walked back to the sitting room and put on my shoes and grabbed the things I brought with me. "Welp, I'm going to go ahead and go to get ready." He had followed me to his sitting room. When I grabbed my car keys, I looked back into his eyes, I saw a small ounce of sadness, I smiled a little. He doesnt want me to go... The thought made me feel the gooey feeling from before. "But I'll be back, let's say..." I looked at my phone for the time, "Eight?"

  He cheered up when I said 'I'll be back' and nodded in agreement about the time. "Sounds good, be ready for Cheif Ryan and his amazing cooking skills." I couldn't help but laugh a little.

  "Okay, I will, just don't burn anything... Or yourself." I said sarcastically. As I started to walk outside his house, I felt him turn me around and hug me tightly. As I began to hug back I heard him whisper in my ear.

  "Thank you... F-for staying over with me. I had fun." A small part of me wanted to cry a little in happiness. Another part of me wanted to hold his head and kiss him. Oh, how his lips looked so soft and perfect.

  I started pushing the thoughts of kissing him away as he let go. There was the feeling again, the sad feeling as he let go of me.

  "Well, see you at eight." He smiled and began to wave as I got in my car and drove away. His sweet words echoing in my head, it's a date.

···