Chapter 49

*Anna*

There was no time for explaining, I would hear my sisters strange tale, and she would hear mine, but at this moment, we still had a frozen enemy crew slowly thawing in the summer sun to deal with.

"General." I turned and addressed the commanding officer. "Take a squadron of men below deck, release the captives and fetch the irons."
"The irons, your highness?" He asks respectfully, but slightly confused. I stand up straight, wiping Han's blood off my hands and onto my skirt. "These are slave ships, are they not?"

"Yes, your grace." He answers, at first I'd never thought I'd get used to my father's oldest friend addressing me so formally after I wad coranated, but by now the thought didn't even occur to me. "Then they will be suitable to contain the remaining horde until my sister and I decide what to do with them. Now please, go free our people."

"Yes my queen." He gives a curtly nod and signals a few men to follow him. "The rest of you, if you are well enough, please help move our injured and fallen back to The Gaurdian." I instructed, noticing the ships name that was carved into its side.

The men scurry off to do my bidding and I am left with my sister giving me an odd sort of smile. "What?" I ask walking towards the nearest human icicle. "Nothing." She says softly. "You just look so much like father right now."

For the next hour, I watch as my sister thaws one by one, these cretins. Still alive and with only minor frostbite, they are locked in irons and led into the slave quarters below the deck of the Blood Hound. Irony in itself. The deck cleared and I walked up to the body of the Viking who had shot Prince Hans, it was Lord Dregg, my "husband". I walked till his body was at my feet, crossbow still in hand, his head was severed from his body. I didn't know which soldier had executed him after he shot Hans, and I wasn't going to ask, it all happened so fast and I was to preoccupied to notice. My 'sister wives' watched from the deck of the other ship as I yanked the crude symbol of our union off my finger and toss it onto his body. "Till death do us part." I spat through gritted teeth, the ring bounced off of him and rolled across the deck, falling off the side of the ship and hitting the ocean water with a delicate splash.

Once the decks and compartments of both The Gaurdian and The Blood Hound had been cleared, one by one we sailed to the three remaining ships of the fleet, 4 altogether, all that remained afloat, thanks to the powerful cannons aboard Han's ship. Hulls frozen in place by Elsa's ice magic, most of the crew had abandoned ship, swimming or rowing to the nearby island, we easily cleared those vessels before turning our attention to the island itself. With the cannons of 6 ships aimed at the marooned warriors, it was an easy surrender, we filled their own brigs with them.

Just as the sun was starting to rise, we lifted the sails and headed for home. After the non stop insisting by the Commodore, Kristof led Elsa and I into Han's sleeping quarters, the finest room on the ship, and begged us to get some sleep. I agreed but not before going to check on the princesses and their children. They were settling into the Commadores cabin
Calisto shot me a small smile as she lifted a small blonde boy onto a bed. There was something in her eyes that looked like it had been missing for a long time, hope.

I returned to find Elsa had changed out of her bloodstained dress and into a standard issue men's sleeper, and that one was laid out for me on the bed. I practically off that horrid thing that I had been forced to wear, for me it felt like by removing that hideous dress, I was removing the last bit of power the enemy had possessed over me, the last element of the war. As soon as I slipped the sturdy white night shift over my head, I knew it was Han's. Even though it had been washed, beneath the lilac scented soap, I could still smell the faint traces of him.

Elsa and I climbed into the bed. Instinctively grabbing hands and curving towards each other. Memories flooding back of the night after out parents died. I had gone to her door, broken and in tears, wanting to do this, but being pushed away.
Elsa reached down and pulled the covers tightly over us. What a nice gesture, considering cold had never bothered her.