Chapter 30

Shoutouts to the contest winners! Please follow these awesome authors and check out their works!

DakotaYoung6

Protecter_Of_Belief

Angelbffs

__________________

Jacks POV

I sat side by side with Elsa, waiting for the full moon to rise, starring at the sun setting across the deep blue water that filled the vast, but small body of water known as the Luna Lake.

Elsa looked amazed yet terrified.

"What's wrong?" I asked

She turned her face towards me. She gaze at me, but somehow she looked troubled. "This is my last sunset. Here that is. I won't see another till I am back in Arendale. " She turned her body so now she was now facing me completely.

"Who knows?" She continued
"I might not even see another sunset. I could be dead before then. I have no clue how bad it is there. Or even what point in time the man in the moon will send me back? When if he sends me back to when I am a baby and don't remember anything? Or when if I go back to the same day I got frozen in my palace of ice and have to save myself. Then there would be 2 of me." She blurted out unable to stop her nervous ranting. Maybe showing her back to the future was not such a great idea.

She sucked in a breath before starting to rant again.

"Elsa stop" I said grabbing her shoulders and shaking her gently, snapping her out of it.

"I don't know much about time travel but what I do know is the man in the moon. If he can send you back he will. And he won't send you back just so you can fail. He will send you back to the best possible time, so you will have a fighting chance."

She let out a breath and nodded her head. She then turned her head back at the sunset and smiled.
"It sure is lovely isn't it?"

I smiled then turned to look at the sunset with her.

"It is." replied.

We watched the sunset fade away in silence. I didn't feel the need to talk at the moment and Elsa looked like she needed her space.

"I am going to skip rocks across the water, want to join?" I asked, hoping to lift her spirits with a little fun.

"No thank you. I think I'll just sit for awhile." She sighs, still starring at the water that held the reflection of waning sun.

I walked away and started looking for the most flat rocks I could find that would glide across the water. Eventually my pocket was filled and I made my way to the lakeshore.

Tap tap tap tap.. The sound of the rocks hitting the water cleared my mind. This was it. Our Journey is almost over. I should be relieved but I am not. All I can do is dread tomorrow. She will leave and I will be alone...again.

Elsa has put that light that I lost long ago back into my life. She's made me realize that I can't make the people around me happy if I am not happy myself. I didn't really know what happiness could feel like till she came along. For hundreds of years it's always been about other people and their happiness. What about mine?

I through the last rock in anger and I swear it must have skidded 20 times. Taking a deep breath, I tried to compose myself, as I turned around to go back and sit with Elsa, except she wasn't there. I looked around in worry. There she was at the base of the garden. Hidden partially behind several flower bearing trees. What is she doing up there? I curiously began walking towards her, quietly so she wouldn't be startled.

The closer I got, the louderI began to hear her soft yet powerful voice. She was singing.

She sounded unbelievably sad. Her voice filled with pure heartbreak.
I wanted to hold her, pull her into my arms and tell her that everything was going to be ok, but I felt as if this was something she needed to get out of her system. I tilted my head so I could hear her sing.

"He will be free..."

He?

"Let him go. Let him go. We are one like the wind and sky. Let him go. Let him go. He can never see me cry. Here he stands and here he'll stay. Let Frost move on."

Frost? Me? She's singing about me? I felt a jolt of pain sear through my heart. The thought of her being sad because of me was unbearable.

She grabbed a nearby tree. It looked as if she would fall at any moment.

She lifted her head to the sky

"My sadness flurries through the air into the ground.
My love is spiraling in frozen fractals all around. One thought of him is like an icy blast. But I have to go back.
The past is all I have."

I stood there in utter shock unable to move. She cares for me. She truly cares? Could she love me?

"Let him go, let him go.
I'll leave at the break of dawn
Let him go, let him go
That perfect boy is already gone!"

She fall to her knees in defeat. Tears streaming down her face as she started to sob... I wanted to comfort her but I new she would only feel embarrassed if she new that I over heard her. She was often to strong for her own good.

"Here I cry, In the dead of night.
Please let Frost move on.
Being alone is nothing new to me anyway...."

With that last line I felt as if my frozen heart was shattering into a million tiny pieces.

She looked so helpless and vulnerable. The tears that fell from her face froze as they fell from her face, hitting the ground like falling diamonds. I wanted to give her a few moments to herself. Then I began approaching her.

She jilted her head up as soon as she heard the sound of footsteps coming her way.

"Hello Mr. Frost" Elsa said as she wiped her tears away quickly and straightened her dress as she stood up.

Mr. Frost? She hasn't called me that since we first met.

"Is everything ok Elsa?" I asked stepping closer

"Yes everything is fine." She said frustrated as she wiped the dirt off of her dress.

"Are you sure?" I asked even though I new that she was far from ok. If that's what she wanted me to think then that's fine.

"Yes Jack" she said with a sad smile. "Just let it go."

************************************

Attention everyone! We have a youtube Channel now! We created one so all of our lovely Frosties can get to know us.

The channel is called DefrostedSisters and we posted our first introductory video today, and ill have a link in the comments for it. Check it out!

Can't wait to hear your thoughts and read your comments!

(Mariska98)