Chapter 55

Trying to get this fanfiction to one million views!
Please help by sharing this story and recommending it to your friends!
Please help us out and we will dedicate chapters.

This chapter is dedicated to QueenOfGeeks who has actually started writing a frozen fanfiction that she says was inspired by this one.
Thank you so much for being here since we first started, Your comments and votes mean a lot.

(Kristof )

I watched as Anna hurriedly made her way out of the church, mumbling apologies to almost everyone she passed. The towns people whispered loudly amongst themselves, they had just witnessed more drama in the last two minutes then at even the most top billed play, or death defying circus.

I turned to gage Elsa's reaction, slightly worried at what I might find, considering it wasn't just her own wedding that Anna just ruined. She appeared utterly dumbstruck, pale features contorted into a look of pure disbelief.
"What just happened?!" She blinks several times before closing her gaping mouth. "Did she say Hans?" "Anna?!" She calls out, but the redhead was already long gone.

The crowds muttering quickly silences when Elsa raises her voice. Historically, Elsa doesn't have the best emotional track record, things usually end up frozen, or worse, so I couldn't blame them for the caution. She begins angrily gathering up her own dress and tries to chase after her sister, but as her train was much longer, she trips and starts to unceremoniously stumble down the Isle, Jack quickly catches and steadies her. The Ice wizard gathers an armfull of the lengthy skirt and awkwardly assists his lady love back down the isle. Now that was a good man.

The towns people cautiously filed out of the church to follow them.
"Kristof buddy..." Olaf tugs at my pant leg. "I'm not sure what all happened when I was gone, but judging from what I just saw, something big must have. Are you ok?" The little snowman cautiously asked. "Yes, I'll be alright. You can go, try to keep Elsa from freezing everything again, ok?"

Only when the door clicked behind him did I realize I had just been left at the alter. I smile just slightly at the irony of it, of who it was she was running for. Of all the other men in the world... it had to be him. I'd be lying if I said it didn't hurt, because yes, deep down, yes it did. I looked over to the section of pews reserved for the family of the groom to find my adopted family sending me looks of sympathy. Grand Pabi was shaking his head. "I really thought she was the one." He sighs in disappointment, my family really did love Anna.

But instead of thinking about her, another beautiful woman was on my mind.
I scanned the room, searching the near empty pews for tanned skin and long chocolate brown hair. I feel Svens large muzzle nudging me towards the side door. I look back at my friend and he is nodding towards the side exit. I tug nervously at the tie before smoothing out my already perfectly pressed suit. With a deep breath I walk towards the door, I take another one as I push it open, I find Delilah leaning against the ajacent wall, rubbing her shoulders and staring blankly at the floor.

"Delilah..." I tentatively try to gain her attention. "I can't believe it..." She seems to say to herself. "In front of all those people."
"Delilah, please look at me." I beg softly. I want to reach out and touch her, but she seemed almost as in shock as Elsa. To my suprise, her gaze slowly starts to rise. "Did you mean it?" She asks, hands still trying to massage away the goosebumps on her shoulders. "When I said I was in love with someone else?" I responded. "I did. I am. I do."

"But Anna...?" She looked like she was having a hard time believing it. "I was holding onto a shadow, that girl I once loved is long gone, just a memory." I sighed. "But you... you are the here, the now, you are what I realize now that I really want. Back in cabin, that was as close to heaven as a man can ask for, never In my life has another person made me feel more welcomed, understood and accepted." I explained, taking another step closer to her, till my shadow completely overcast the sun that shined down upon her. "I'm an outcast wherever I go, most people think I'm wierd, and as much as my troll family loves me, and as much as they care, it's pretty obvious I'm no magical sentient rock..." I shake my head. "But when I'm with you.." I reach out and stroke her soft locks with the back of my hand. "Everything fits."

"Now I'm not sorry for putting my country first, for letting my honor blind me to what my heart was screaming." I say with my eyes downcast, now it is I who can't look at her. "You see, after all Arendale has been through, I couldn't allow myself to feel feelings that would put the country in jeopardy again, I'm not sorry for that." I admit quietly. "But when I stood up there... it finally hit me, everything I felt for you, the sheer weight of it... Delilah, I love you."

In a flash her strong hands are around my neck, I raise my gaze and see that tears adorn her sunkissed cheeks. Tentatively I wrap my arms around her waist, she was much taller then Anna, standing just a few inches shorter then myself, I can feel her warm breath on my lips, slowly I lean forward and kiss her. It was magic, the way her lips connected so innocently with mine. Her naivety and inexperience waslike drug to me, and I was drowning in it. This was right, this was meant to be. Something inside me changed, never to be reversed. I breathed in her rich, inescapable mountain scent as I slowly deepened the kiss, pulling her against my chest. Her hand sweetly caressed my neck, slowing sliding up to my cheek.

Finally I pull back, encasing her into a warm hug. "I want to spend the rest of my life with you." I state with complete honesty. "Me to." She smiles into my shoulder. "With you I mean." She laughs. "Do you... do you wanna go meet my family?" I ask. "I'd love too." She grins.
Taking her hand, I lead her back into the church, My family greets her more warmly then then I expected, her hand never leaves mine as I tell them the story of how she found me, how she saved me, how I fell in love... After I'm finished I drop to one knee, "Delilah I love you, and I want to make you my wife... I know I'm a bit of a fixer upper but..." Her eyebrows furrow, she grabs both my hands and kneels down with me. "Kristof, you are not a fixer upper, I wouldn't change a thing about you, you are already my kind of perfect." She smiles. "Of course I'll marry you."

__________________________________

(Geekpower1)