Chapter 2

(Jack Frost)

2014 AD

Fresh cool air blasted my face as I skimmed over the white icy landscape.

The heat of the summer had driven me out of America, as it does every year.

I needed cold, I needed ice.

Crooked Staff in hand I flew, over the frozen lands of northern Russia. Not my favorite place to vacation, but it was close to the artic circle.

The faint echo of voices reached my ears. I stopped mid air and listened.

Who could be all the way out here?

A better question who in there right mind?

Following the trail of voices I slipped easily along the giant solid ice cliffs and crevices

I saw figures ahead, they looked human, Standing at the base of a small mountain. Explores maybe, The closer I got, the more I could make out what they were saying.

It was Russian, but luckily after 300 years on this planet, I'd picked some up along the way.

"Here it is, the fabled Queens mountain." a tall Russian man, who must have been some sort of guide announced.

A small party of heavily bundled up tourists, my guess visiting the nearby village, listened intently. I snuck in beside them, invisible in their disbelief, they were blind to me.

"According to local culture, the lost civalization of Arendale was said to be buried beneath it. 15 years ago a group of archeolagists discovered ruins of a city wall about a mile due south."

"why is it called 'Queens Mountain'?" A tall woman in a bright red winter coat asked.

The guide smiled, and his face contorted to the look of a man about to tell a terrifying ghost story.

"Legend has it, that this very mountain is where the beautiful young queen of Arendale, single-handedly made her last stand against a hoard of attacking Viking solders " He explained eerily.

"Now if you will follow me I will lead you to the dig site."

Gathering their gear, they left, trudging through the white snow with the help of massive snow shoe's.

I should have followed them, but I didn't. Instead I remained at the base of the mountain, staring up at it.

Something about it.... I don't know, it seemed to draw me to it. Like here is exactly where I was supposed to be.

I felt myself gliding to the top, once at the peak something told me to move the show aside. A feeling, instinct perhaps. So with a wave of my hand the white powdery fluff was blown away, revealing the entrance to a cave, a cave made of solid ice. The type that takes hundreds, if not thousands of years to form.

Landing from my hover, I stepped into the entrance, my bare feet immune to the cold of the frozen floor. As if an invisible force nudged me foward I made my way deeper and deeper inside.

I dropped my staff in shock of what was in front of me, with a clatter it landed on the floor at my feet.

There, ahead, entombed in a diamond shaped sphere of crystal clear ice...

Was the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen!

Angelic was the only word to describe her.

She Lay as if only sleeping, her hands crossed against her chest, skin as pale as mine, and hair almost as white.

...ice princess

My eyes glued to her, mouth gaping in awe as I kneeled down to pick up my staff.

I walked closer, placing my hands on her frozen coffin, and for the first time in 300 years, my heart warmed. The heat quickly spread across my entire chest, like a forest during a wildfire.

The Ice beneath my hand began to melt rapidly, collecting in a pool at my feet.

What is going on!?! A terrified yet utterly enthralled voice inside my head screeched.

Soon the girl lay, unearthed from the ice infront of me. Instictivily I reached out and stroked her braided silver blonde hair, the second my hand touched her, the strangest thing began to happen.

She began to breath...