Chapter 32

(Kristof)

I didn't trust him as far as I could throw him. I sat up intently, watching the wretched thing that call himself a prince, sleeping soundly in the cot across the room.

With the extreme temperature drops at night, this creature had all the villagers moved into the castle when they first arrived here. Meaning limited space for commanding officers to sleep, as all the other chambers and rooms were filled with sleeping citizens, I had to take the room Prince Hans had left behind after his disappearance. Unfortunately, now that he's returned, that meant we were roommates.

When I'd first arrived here I couldn't believe all the actually useful things he'd done around here. But I guess that shouldn't surprise me, he'd kept all the villagers safe and warm the last time disaster struck Arendale, the previous time Elsa froze everything. But that was just a ruse, a facade to earn the countries trust in him. This time it had to be as well.

True, I don't trust him, not as far as I could throw him. But I need him, well his army anyway, to rescue Anna.
I needed to have her safe in my arms once more.

Something was different about him. He wasn't the same arrogant, self absorbed prick that I had last encountered. He still was an arrogant, self absorbed prick though, just not the same one.

Chances are higher that it's all just an act. The air about him that he actually cares what happens to Arendale, to its inhabitants.

But I don't know....
As much as I wish to hate him, as much as I wish to condemn him as the treasonous vile snake that he has proven himself to be, something was preventing me.

Perhaps it was the way he talked about Anna, how quick he was willing to join me in her rescue. The urgency in his voice seemed to real for even Hans to fake.

My eyes grew heavy, I turned from my side and onto my back. Her voice was there to greet me again. Images of sea green eyes and rosy cheeks flashed inside my mind as the joyous sound of bubbling, and good natured laughter echoed out as I fell asleep.

Every waking hour, every second of the day was devoted to finding my Anna. The sandman must be having quite a joke at my expense, because though my days belonged to Anna, my nights.... my nights were claimed by Delilah.

_______________

(Hans)

I was awakened by the sound of tossing and turning. I look over to my quarter companion and in the pale moonlight I see that he is shuffling in his sleep.

"Delilah..." I hear Kristof cry out softly.

Great, in an hour we leave on a suicide mission and this simpleton is dreaming about flowers.

I ignore the cold and rise from bed. My ribs have been wrapped, but the cracks still cause me pain every time a lift my arms. I see my armor has been polished, and laid out for me. The metal chest plate glints in silver moonlight.

I change into my warmer uniform. Red and Gold, the color of the banner of the Southern Isles. Once dressed, I begin strapping on my leather wrist guards. Unlike my brothers I prefer a more leather suit of armor then then a full bodied metal one. Though the chest piece is still rather heavy, the lack of the rest of the suit makes me a much more nimble and formidable opponent.

Half way geared up I decide to wake Kristof.

"Wake up, it's nearly dawn." I shake him on the shoulder.

"Five more minutes..." He mumbles in his sleep, pulling the blankets up and turning over away from me.

"Fine." I roll my eyes. I will send a guard to wake him on my way out.

What does Anna even see in him?
I find myself thinking with a little bit more jealousy then I was expecting. He's definitely not the sharpest sword on the rack. Earlier I witnessed him talking to that... Beast. The odd, stag looking thing, like it could actually understand him. Sure the years this commoner has spent hauling ice, had given him a rather rugged, chiseled physique. But that straw like hair.. and he had a nose that even an horse would laugh at.

Stop it. I cursed silently to myself. You have no right to judge her courtier out of spite. I scolded myself. You had your chance, you blew it. You wronged her. She found someone else, someone who makes her happier then you ever could. Get over it.

Lately, Anna has consumed my thoughts like the fiery volcano in the center of my home nation. I wanted her, mind, body and soul. Though she'll never know, that fiery woman has forcefully clawed her way into my otherwise cold heart.

I realized, that even if she wasn't queen, if she was still just another "spare" like myself. That with her, I could maybe, just maybe be happy be happy with the rank of prince.

I had meant what I'd said when I told her I should have just married her. For a brief moment I mourned at the fact that shed never bear my children, our children. I found myself wanting little freckled bespotted descendants, ones with hair so red it would hurt to look directly at.

I finish dressing and exit the room. Going to ready the troops that have already awoke and assembled.

But I can't have her. She's his.
All I can do is make sure she's safe. Safe and happy.
Bring her home,
bring her back to him.

Even if it kills me.

____________________

Hey guys!
What did you think? Can't wait to read your comments. I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Question? Has any of you ever made any fanart of this story? If so we'd love to see it! Just message me or my sister. Or tag it on Instagram to #defrostedfanart

Lots of love my little Frosties!
-GeekPower1