Chapter 5

(Elsa)

1014

The Vikings pounded on the solid ice doors of my beautiful little palace with a battering ram. The vibrations of the impact causing the icy interior to crack and crumble. The pure ice chandelier broke free of the ceiling once more and with a loud crack it hit the floor. Sending pieces of glass like ice raining everywhere.

Focusing my power I blasted another layer of ice against the doors, trying to solidify the barrier between me and the monsters. With a pang of sadness I knew they would eventually break, though solid, ice is not indestructible.

God knows what they will do to me if they capture me...

I ran for the tall spiraling staircase, hopefully ill be able to blast away the ships before they can get through the door.

The shaking of the castle caused the icy steps to shatter out from under me, leaping over the broken ones with giant bounding steps I had just made it up to the top when the whole staircase gave way behind me.

Woah, That was close...

I ran to the window, the fleet of ugly vessels had almost reached the bay.

The cracks along the wall had reached even up here now. Just a few more hits and this whole place would fall apart.

Hopefully I can stop the ships before that. Focusing more power then I ever have before, I felt the soul of the ice surging through me, it swirled around me, creating a cocoon of blue glittering essence.

Before I could fire I felt one last powerful pang, then the whole palace broke apart and the floor gave out from under me.

I was too late....

________________

2014

"Miss... Miss are you ok?!" A male voice seemed to be calling out to me.

"Anna!" I called out immediately as I regained conciseness.

I felt as if from waking up from a very long nap.

I must have survived the fall.

I tried to open my eyes but they felt so heavy.

"Miss, miss?!?" The voice cried out again, with a hint of desperation.

I sighed, so tired.

"Oh what's the point, she can't see you anyway..." The voice said sadly, apparently talking to himself.

Why?

Never mind why, must get back to Anna!

I yawned,stretching my arms out and forcing my eyes to open.

I opened then and found standing beside me was an old man with bright white hair.

As my eyes re adjusted I was slightly shocked to realize it was a boy, not an old man.

Premature greying I thought to myself, poor guy.

I was so taken in with his features, he looked so... Odd.

A soft, handsome face with bright sky blue eyes, and I'd never thought I'd ever see someone with skin paler then mine. He almost looked translucent.

His eyebrows furrowed in confusion upon my gaze.

He was holding some sort of a curved staff, must be a shepherd.

"You can see me?" He asked in disbelief.

"Don't be ridiculous, of course I can see you!" I replied, propping myself up onto my elbows.

Great, I must have been found by the village idiot.

He took a tentative step backwards and just looked at me.

"How did you get in the ice? How are you still alive?!?" He asked with wide eyes.

"I have no time for your questions, I must save my kingdom." I replied hastily, sitting up.

The falling ice of the castle must have created a cavern of some sorts, though this didn't look like ice that had just fallen down. It looked like an actual cave.

"Your kingdom? Honey this hasn't been a kingdom for a very long time." Said the boy with the white hair.

"What are you talking about? Do you not know who I am?" I questioned, hopping off the bed of solid ice that I must have landed on and knocked unconscious.

"No, I don't." He shook his head.

I looked at his clothing, he was wearing strange things, Made of materials I'd never seen before.

A foreign peasant no doubt, no wonder he didn't recognize me.

"I am Elsa, Queen of Arendale." I replied with a tone of nobility.

"Oh."
His bright blue eyes lit up with a sudden realization, a look as if he had been smacked in the face with a major epiphany.

"I know who you are...." He nodded sadly.

"That would explain a lot, like why you can see me, it must be because you were born before me, or my legand."

What is the strange peasant rambling about now?

"What are you talking about, born before you? You make no sense." I shook my head, confused.

"What year is it, your highness?" He asked.

"The year of our lord 1014 of course." I replied instantly.

"No your majesty, it's 2014."

******************

-authors note-
Dun dun dun.... Cliffhanger! Hope you guys enjoy reading this chapter! Thank you all for your votes, and I always look foreword to reading your comments. I know this was supposed to be a joint book, but so far it's just been me posting all the chapters. If you like my work you could totally check out my page GeekPower1 for other fanfictions plus one original teen fiction story that I'm working on. Thank you all and I can't wait for the feedback! -GeekPower1