Chapter 8

(Elsa)

What is he mumbling about? Does he not see? Everything is gone .

My sister, my Kingdom, everything. I have nothing left. I'm a museum piece in a changed world. The last member of an extinct civilization.

What am I going to do? My poor Anna. What happened? What did she go through without me?

I can't do this. Any of it. It's just to much. I wanted to be back in the ice again. To feel nothing but it's cold embrace.

I began to cry again. This time much harder.

Everything that has happened, crushing me all at once.

I could hear a awkward shift from behind me.

What am I doing? I am still a queen, Even without a kingdom or subjects. I can not be showing so much weakness, it would not honor my parents.

I quickly began wiping my tears away with my dress sleeve. As I stood up I felt a cold hand assisting me.

"Thank you" I mumbled quietly.

He smiled in response.The whiteness of his teeth shocked me, whiter then pure snow. That's when I noticed once again his odd complexion. Yes it was odd, but not in a bad way.

He was wearing thin brown pants and a simple blue hoodie, I gazed upon his feet and was shocked to find them shoeless!

What, is he crazy?!? He's going to die of an ammonia out here.

Luckily for me that's never been a problem.

But a Human? Out here dressed like that? It clearly proves my point that he's insane.

"What are you crazy? It must be 15 below out here and your dressed like that!" I shouted, pointing to his clothing

"I wouldn't be talking if I was you" he answered pointing at mine

I looked down at my blue gown that I design that day in my ice fortress. I Smiled Slightly as it shined through the peaks of sun in the gray clouds above

It still looked perfect even after all these years.

I continued speaking

"As you just witnessed I'm not exactly human. The cold never bothered me anyway.""

"Oh yes.. About that.. How..how exactly did you do that?"

He asked with such curiosity in those bright blue eyes.

"I was born with the ability to manipulate ice and snow."
I explained quickly, wanting this conversation to end.

Even now, I did not like to talk about it. I was taught never to talk about it.

In the few months before the war I started to open up to Anna about my powers and it felt great, really great.

But The truth is.. As the war drew closer my powers, once again, became harder to control.

Yes love is still the key to keeping it under control. But I was also feeling so many other emotions. Like fear and hatred for the enemies that wanted to harm my peaceful kingdom.

That's why I ran all the way to the mountain top to fend off the Vikings. I was feeling so much anger and fear, I knew I would destroy the kingdom if I stayed in the city.

Everyone was looking up to me for reassurance and protection
including Anna. And Anna is the one person I could never let down.

As I stared at what was left of my kingdom, ice covered bits of rubble. I realize that's exactly what I did. I let her down.
__________________________