Don't You Know Who I Think I Am?

"They say quitters never win,
We walk the plank on a sinking ship"

***

In the grand scheme of the world, it seemed a pretty universal rule that, you don't answer the phone when making out with your significant other. It was rude, completely unnecessary, and in some cases, downright disrespectful.

Phil had just pressed Dan onto his bed, kissing a path up his neck to his jaw, when the insistent ringing began, making him pause. But Dan had gripped his hair and pulled him up, pressing their lips together heatedly before pulling away an inch.

"Ignore it." He breathed hotly against Phil's lips, his hands trailing across his shoulders and his hips lifting to grind against him. And fuck, Phil was more than glad to do so, leaning down to capture his lips again.

After another few minutes, Phil's shirt was gone, tossed to the floor hastily, and Dan was worshipping his chest with his hands, moaning against Phil's lips. Phil didn't know why, but his boyfriend seemed to derive some pleasure in just touching his body. Not that he was complaining; those pretty sounds he made were heavenly.

But it was short lived, when Phil's phone sprang to life again, blasting the instrumental tune of 'w.a.m.s' loudly and making him pull away a second time.

"It might be important." He complained, trying to loosen Dan's hold on his hips and clear the lusty haze from his mind.

"More important than possibly getting laid right now?" Dan questioned, nipping Phil's earlobe gently. Phil rolled his eyes.

"It could be a life or death situation." He argued, sitting up and straddling Dan's waist. By then, the ringing had stopped, and Dan smiled up at him victoriously, hooking his fingers into the top of Phil's jeans.

"Problem solved." He said, kissing Phil's collarbone. Phil hummed in agreement, carding his hands through Dan's hair. Then kissing him roughly, sucking on his bottom lip and smirking when he gripped his thighs tightly.

"Love it when you take control baby." Dan said, giving him a dirty grin when Phil pinned his arms above his head on the bed. He leaned his head back, giving the other boy more access to kiss and suck against the skin of his neck. "No marks. Taylor was asking questions last time."

Phil made a small noise of acknowledgment, too busy grinding down against his boyfriend to answer him.

He already knew who was calling him, and he knew they wouldn't stop until he answered. Persistent sons of bitches that they were. And he was proven right when his phone rang for the third time, and he finally pulled away from Dan completely, grabbing the device from the table beside them.

"It'll only be a minute." Phil said to Dan, patting his chest and taking the call. "What the fuck do you want?" He said irritatedly into the phone.

"Practice started half an hour ago." Grayson said calmly, and Phil could only imagine the bored look he was most likely wearing. "Chris is pissed."

"Chris is always pissed." Phil replied, staring at the wall in front of him. "I already told him I'd be late, he can't be mad at me. And it's not like we haven't been practicing everyday as it is."

Dan leaned up on his elbows, shooting Phil a wink while tracing his fingers lightly across his own stomach, up to his chest. His eyes were hooded and shining with want, and Phil exhaled heavily.

"You know how he gets, especially this time of the year." Grayson said with a sigh. For someone who had the vocal cords of a saint, he didn't talk with much enthusiasm. "It's for the best you don't argue and just get your ass down here."