Get Down On Your Knees And Tell Me You Love Me

"Did you mean it,
Could you feel it,
When you broke into my head?"

***

Phil stared down at the pale blue dye that covered his hands, surprised and awed at how much it actually resembled the sky. You know, when it wasn't raining or covered by clouds. It seemed painfully aesthetic, the kind of shit you'd see on the Internet with some alternative song lyrics captioned beneath it.

And now we're covered in the colours, pulled apart at the seams

"You think I should dye my eyebrows, too?" Elliot asked from beside him, staring into the mirror contemplatively. His hair was still dripping wet, marking his shirt with spots. Phil looked up at him, closing his hands into loose fists.

"No." He said vaguely. "You'd look stupid with blue eyebrows."

Elliot hummed in response, squinting his eyes at his reflection.

It was an amazing feat that his hair hadn't fallen out at this point. Phil had seen him with pretty much every colour imaginable, even that month long bright orange phase that still made everyone physically sick to think about. Ellie claimed that people were much more attracted to unusual things on a person, and it helped him attract the attention he 'needed'. And who was Phil to judge? If he was being honest, it was the hair that had made him consider asking Elliot to join the band, after hearing him play first.

And this wasn't the first time he'd helped his friend dye it. Whenever he was free, he would be more than happy to watch purple or red or blue stain his hands and most of the bathroom.

Elliot huffed a sigh after a moment, grabbing a towel from the counter and ruffling his hair with it. He walked out of the bathroom door, and Phil washed his hands slowly before following him.

For the last few days, Phil had been trying to avoid Chris as much as possible. He was still irritated that he'd been persuaded (tricked) into going to that party at all, even though he wasn't mad about having to go. Chris was always getting into too much trouble, and he had such a bad habit of dragging others down with him. Phil just hoped the whole thing wouldn't fall apart, like usual.

But with Dan being pretty much absent all the time with his own band issues, Phil didn't have many options of who to hang out with besides Grayson and Ellie. And Gray would do nothing but want to start a discussion about one thing or another, so it was either stay in the house by himself or Elliot.

"So when is that party again?" Elliot asked with a smirk. Phil was already regretting telling him about the whole thing because all he did was tease about it. They all hated being pulled into Chris's plans.

"Next week." Phil said, falling into a chair that sat beside the bed. "Would you stop bringing it up? It gives me stomach pains."

Elliot laughed at him. "I don't know where he comes up with this stuff, honestly. He's always so worried about them sabotaging us or something. He's paranoid."

Phil sighed. "Well I wish he'd get over it, he's gonna get into serious trouble one day."

"I just wanna know why he didn't ask me and Gray to do it." He wondered out loud, leaning back and crossing his arms behind his head.

"He thought you wouldn't want to do it."

"Oh please," Ellie said. "I would do be down for that. Going to a secret party?"

"It's fine, really." Phil said, none too convincingly. He was mostly just acting bummed about it; he did want to go, with the promise of being alone with Dan for as long as he could.