Don't Stop (Color On The Walls)

"One two three,
Close your eyes and count to four,
I'm gonna hide behind my bedroom door"

***

"Seriously? The Blue Room?" Dan asked slowly, turning over onto his back and staring up at the ceiling of Phil's room.

"Mmhmm." Phil hummed, nuzzling against Dan's shoulder lightly. Dan laughed and glanced over at him, raising an eyebrow.

"And you're seriously thinking about not doing it?"

Phil sighed and shrugged. "I just don't know if it's worth the risk." He said, and Dan gave him a disbelieving look.

"You've done worse for a lot less."

"I mean, it's fucking awesome, and I know that a chance like that is very hard to come by." Phil explained solemnly. "But I have enough to deal with as it is, you know? Between the band and school, and my parents getting on to me about both...if I did get caught, it would just be even more stress to deal with." He bit his lip. "And if I got in trouble, we wouldn't see each other as much. That's a big issue."

"You just want the sex." Dan laughed, shoving Phil's shoulder lightly.

"And the cuddles." Phil complained, reaching an arm out and pulling Dan into his grasp.

Dan smiled warmly at him, moving in closer and burying his face into Phil's neck. "It's perfectly fine, really, I can't tell you what to do." He mumbled. "You have your reasons and they should be respected. But I wouldn't want you to miss out on possibly the biggest moment of your life so far."

And that was the whole reason for the controversy Phil had been battling with in his mind for the last two days.

If this had happened a couple weeks ago, Phil wouldn't hesitate at the idea of sneaking out and playing. He'd done it before, that much was for sure. And this gig was the most important thing that could happen to his band in the three years they'd been performing semi-professionally. It meant they were good, good enough to play their music at one of the most popular places in the city. Maybe even good enough to get noticed by the right kind of people, to make it big, get famous, get payed for doing the thing they loved. The chance of it greatly outweighed the consequences.

But he was seventeen years old. A teenager, still in school and still technically under his parents guardianship; they ultimately decided whether he got that chance, until he was old enough to make that decision himself. And that wasn't for another eight months. Right now, he wasn't exactly in the position to be breaking any rules, because they could shut him down completely. That was his biggest worry.

"Don't overthink it, babe." Dan said, and Phil snapped out of his gloomy thoughts to look at him. Dan leaned up and kissing him slowly. "Do what you think is best."

"When did you become such a good influence on me?" Phil joked, ignoring Dan's eye roll.

He'd been debating the whole issue ever since he'd found out about it yesterday, and he was still stuck in the middle about it. Weighing the pros and cons was exhausting, and honestly, he didn't have the patience or willpower to keep doing it for much longer. He only had until tomorrow to make his choice, and as it was, he was still undecided.

He'd invited Dan over earlier for some outside advice, and for a distraction from it all, because he definitely wasn't faring well by himself.

"I just..." Phil said, trailing off in a reluctant tone. "I just don't want them let them down. You know? This isn't just my big moment, it's all of ours. And me saying no is basically me stomping all over their dreams."