Tonight You're Perfect [Epilogue]

"I wanna fall in love with the stars in your eyes"

***

2 Weeks Later

The last thing that Phil wanted to waste his time on right now was another party because, as history would have it, they never seemed to end well.

But this Friday was more than just the usual drunken teenagers dancing awkwardly to noise that was more bass than actual music. His friends were here, and FTC was in a week, and Elliot was leaving the day after. They had practice the next morning (9am sharp), so it was probably a bad idea to let them all drink the night away, but Phil was fine standing in the kitchen with soda in his cup instead of alcohol, and Dan was supposed to be there any moment.

There was no telling what they were anymore. It wasn't a relationship, Dan had made that very clear when they had talked a couple of weeks ago, and Phil was perfectly okay with that because it wasn't the right time for either of them. But sometimes it was weird, and they would be having a completely normal conversation, but Phil would let his hand linger a little too long on Dan's arm, or Dan would stare at the exposed skin of Phil's neck when he wasn't looking. Weird, but good.

Phil was happy, an impossible idea considering the shit show his life had been recently. He wanted things to be better, and he would try his damn hardest to make it so.

"Phil Lester! The loner in the kitchen, what's up, my guy?" Phil raised a dubious eyebrow at the doorway which a very intoxicated Grayson had just walked through. He stopped next to Phil, grabbed his cup, and scrunched his nose at the contents inside of it. "Soda, man? It's a party. You gotta let loose every once in a while."

Phil snatched his cup back. "The last time I 'let loose' at a party, I ended up making out with you, so I think I'll hold back."

"You didn't hate it," Grayson said with a smirk. And yeah, Phil wasn't going to lie about that. "Hey, so you'll never guess who's here."

"The Queen?" He guessed half halfheartedly. Grayson stuck out his tongue.

"Holden." And he was right, Phil really never would have guessed that. "Stuck in a corner, predictably, he's such a stuck up prick. Why's he even here?"

Phil shrugged. "Maybe he was curious. People get curious about stuff they've never done before." But Phil couldn't help thinking it was most likely a different reason. "Besides, I thought you two didn't completely hate each other anymore."

"Whatever, just cause he helped you pass Physics doesn't mean I have to be friends with him." Gray snatched an empty cup from the counter and one of the many bottles beside it. "He's an ass."

"I don't know, I think he's kind of cute."

"Oh, really?" Grayson raised a surprised eyebrow at him. "Is Dan okay with that?"

"We're not dating, I can call other guys cute."

"But Holden, of all people?" 

Phil laughed at his appalled expression. "You know, I'm starting to think you guys have some unresolved tension."

Gray scoffed into his cup. "What the fuck is that supposed to mean?"

"Sexual tension."

"Fuck off," Gray replied, but he only looked disgusted for about two seconds before his eyes glazed over, obviously lost in his thoughts. Thoughts that Phil would gladly like to never know.

"Are you gonna go look for him?" Phil asked with a smirk, and Grayson was about to tell him off for it when Dan showed up next to them.

"Hi," he said with a small smile at Phil. His hair was curly and slightly damp, and the flannel he was wearing was a bit too big on him, but he looked good.