Chapter 9- Meet My Brother

Next Week

Jennifer's POV

I've been hanging out with Leah a lot, trying to just feel things out and make sure that this is what I really want. I haven't let her take me back to bed.... Actually, I haven't kissed her since that night.

I do like her. I like how she makes me feel. There is never a boring conversation with her... And I'm always laughing around her.

-

It's a Thursday night and it's 6:30pm. Leah and I are supposed to go out for dinner tonight and she's supposed to be here at my condo any minute.

I finally hear a knock on the door and I open it and I let her in. "Hey." She smiles. "Let me get my purse." I smile and walk to the kitchen to grab my purse from the counter.

Leah and I leave and head to the restaurant. We sit down at a booth and order our food.

"Tell me about your past." Leah says to me. "My past? Like, relationships?" I ask. "Yeah. You tell me and I'll tell you." She says. "Well, I um- I've been in two serious relationships and in both of those I ends up getting hurt, cheated on, lied to... So I guess now I've kinda built up this wall where I don't let anyone in anymore. I'm protective of myself and my heart." I tell her. "I'm sorry that happened..." She says to me. "It's alright. I've gotten over it through the years. Most guys now-a-days are after money. The know I'm somewhat successful... And they will try to take advantage of that. So I don't let things get serious between us." I say and shrug my shoulders. "Speaking of, can you buy dinner?" She teases. I shake my head and laugh. "You're so stupid." I smile. "That's not the first time I've heard that believe it or not..." She winks. I smile and then she hits me with another question, "What about your sex life?" She asks. "What?! Leah!" I giggle. "What? I'm just asking..." I laugh and look down. "I've been with one guy... And then there's you." I say and bite my lip. "One guy?! That's all?" She asks, seeming surprised. "I swear." I say. "So you didn't fxck Bradley?" "No. I didn't like him enough to let him get in my pants despite how bad he wanted to." I laugh. "So what, am I special?" She smirks. "Eh, don't flatter yourself too much." I giggle. "Well, I do feel special knowing that. And you're a good person, honestly. You're real and you take care of yourself. And you're gorgeous..." She smiles at me.

I feel my face getting hot do I cover my face. "Stop it!" I say. I hear her laugh and then I move my hands. "Your turn." I say. "Me? Well, I've been in one serious relationship... It's a long story and I don't like telling it because I was at fault for why the relationship ended." She says and I can tell she is really iffy about letting me in this deep. "Just tell me..." I say. "Well.... I was with someone for three years, we were engaged actually.... And I made a mistake that I couldn't take back and it just kinda fell apart. The trust wasn't there anymore and it wasn't good." She says, the tone in her voice changing dramatically. "You were engaged? I ask softly. "I was. I was engaged to the love of my life for four months. But I fxcked up and he couldn't handle it. I don't blame him though." She says and looks down. I know this is making her feel vulnerable and raw.

Our food arrives but that doesn't distract me. She said 'he'. What?

"Wait, so you were with a guy?" I ask. "Yep. I fell in love with my bestfriend and then I went and cheated on him with a woman." She says. I'm shocked to hear this from her. And I can tell that she feels like she's just lost me completely by sharing this with me.

"I don't wanna get into this right now, not here. Not with you." She says and looks at me. "Okay, that's fine." I say and we eat our dinner. It is pretty quiet throughout dinner and the ride home too.

She stops in from of my building and throws the car into park. She leans over and shields her face from me. "Leah..." I whisper and put my hand on her back. "I'm sorry - don't. Just go inside." She says. "No." I say. "Look at me." I whisper. She looks at me and I touch her cheek. "I'm not gonna leave now. Just because of a story you told me.... That's dumb." I whisper. She closes her eyes and shakes her head. "I fxcked up so bad, Jennifer." She says and I can tell she's fighting tears.

"Come up, I don't want you driving home like this." I say. She nods and gets out. I take her up to my condo and close the door. "Rule number one, no crying because I'll start crying." I giggle, trying to make her smile.

"I think you're lying." She says to me. "About?" I question her and sit beside her on the couch. "You said that you aren't gonna leave. Somehow, I doubt that." She says to me. "I'm not. One little story isn't gonna scare me away." I smile.

That is one of my fears though, being cheated on. It's happened before so I'm always kinda paranoid about that.

"Can I ask you something?" I say to her. "Sure." "The first night I actually had a full conversation with you...at that bar, did you have any intentions of trying to take me home with you that night?" "I knew you were with Bradley, so no. And I had heard through friends that a Bradley keeps his girls on a chain." She says to me. "Okay, so that whole 'take him home and then come back' thing. What was that all about?" I ask her and give her a look. "That? That was me trying to get a chance to flirt with you without Bradley standing over your shoulder." She laughs. I laugh with her and then we both get quiet and I just look at her.

Leah's POV

Jennifer is sitting in front of me, just looking at me.

I slowly lean over and put my hand on the back of her neck and kiss her. She kisses back and puts her hand on my thigh. We separate ourselves and she shows me her perfect little smile. "I've made up my mind." She whispers. "Oh yeah, what's the verdict?" I ask her, looking at her lips. "You." She whispers and kisses me again. I smile as I kiss her back.

"Good, so does this mean I have permission to stop taking it easy on you?"  I tease her and run my fingertips across her jaw. "Mmmm- sure." She giggles. I kiss her again and eventually force her down on her back as we start to make-out. "Yeah, this whole 'not kissing me' for days at a time has got to stop." I laugh. "I think you're right." She grins. I kiss her again and put my hand on her waist, underneath her shirt. Suddenly, she does something at surprises me.

"Oh damn..." I say and seperate our lips. "What?" She teases me and bites her bottom lip. I shake my head and kiss her again. She gets more aggressive and confident in her kisses, now letting her tongue roam around my mouth and she sucks my tongue a little bit too.

"Mmm-" I moan softly. She giggles a little bit and smiles while I'm kissing her. "What the hell are you laughing at?" I ask her. "You. I don't think I've ever made a girl moan before." She says. "Well, I have a feeling that that's gonna change dramatically." I whisper and brush my lips against hers, teasing her.

She tries to kiss me but we are interrupted by the doorbell. "Shit." She mutters. I sit up and she stands and walks to the door and looks at me. I make a face and she calmly opens the door. "Hey!" She says and hugs whoever it is. "Come in..." She says.

I see a familiar face and it takes me a second to realize- it's her brother. "Leah, come here." She calls for me. I go into the kitchen and see Jennifer and her brother. I lean against the counter and smile. "Hi. Nice to meet you again." I smile. "Same to you, I'm Rodrigo, Leah, right?" He smiles. I shake his hand and nod. I then glance at Jennifer. She just gives me a friendly smile and it's awkward.

We stand around and talk for a minute or so. And then Jennifer excuses herself. As soon as she is gone I feel her brother staring at me. "Leah huh?" He says. "That's me." I respond. "You're a beautiful girl. Why have I never met you before, Leah?" He smirks. "Thank you. And Jennifer and I haven't been friends for very long." I say and walk over to the fridge to get a drink.

"Oh, well now that I've met you..." I suddenly feel his hand touch my lower back. "-hit me up sometime." He whispers.

Are you serious right now? Is this a joke?