Chapter 21- Ruined

Jennifer's POV

"We aren't okay."

I keep hearing this replay in my head over and over again. But then again I don't have any reason to think that we would be okay... I'm trying to think about this from Leah's point of view.... I mean, that's like her sleeping with Rodrigo. I would be beyond pissed off.... And I don't know is I would forgive her... That's a lot to take on at once.

-
The next day
-

I wake up the following morning on the couch. I hear Leah's voice and I slowly open my eyes and see her standing there. "Pack your stuff.... We need to head to the airport." She says to me. I nod and get up, tired as fxck and still feeling pretty sh*tty about last night. "Okay." I mumble.

I head up to the guest bedroom and see that Leah has already packed her things. So I pack mine and I turn around and see her in the doorway, watching me. "Where did you go the other night? After the club?" She asks me. "I went to Ryan's I didn't have a where else to go." I say and shrug my shoulders. She folds her arms and looks down. "You guys fxck again?" She asks in a low voice, not really directing the question at me- but talking to herself.

I throw the t-shirt in my hand on the bed and quickly walk over to her. "Leah." I grit. "What? You did it once and you said yourself that you would do it again." She says and gives me a look. "I wouldn't." I sigh and look at her lips. She just stands there. I lean in and kiss her slowly but she quickly pulls away. "No." She hisses at me. "Leah... Please don't be like that. I know I messed up and I am sorry." I pout. "Jennifer, what's done is done and that's all there is to it... But that doesn't change the fact that you had sex with my brother. I'm sorry that I don't wanna kiss you after knowing that..." She says sarcastically and walks away from me, going to sit on the bed and bury her face into her phone. I run my hands through my hair and I then see Casey appear in the doorway. I know how awkward she must feel.... Being put in the middle of this- I know she heard Leah and I arguing.

"You guys okay?" She asks, shyly. "Yeah... Fine." I say and walk back to my open and half-packed suitcase that sits on the bed. I finish packing and Leah doesn't say another word to me while I do so.

-

Hours later- I'm lugging my huge suitcase down the stairs and leah follows behind me. I reach the bottom of the staircase and leave my bag there. I then walk into the kitchen with Leah and we say our goodbyes to Casey and get ready to leave. Leah called a cab earlier and it should be here any minute to take us to the airport. We hear a door slam in the driveway so we grab our bags and walk out the front door and I don't see a taxi... I see a white G-Class Mercedes.

"Hey." Ryan says in a low voice, glancing at me and then directly his attention towards Leah. Leah doesn't say a word, she instead pushes past him and waits in the driveway for our cab. "She's pissed." I whisper. "Well, that's expected." He whispers back and then glances at Leah. "Are you two...?" He mumbles. "We aren't necessarily broken up... But I don't know what's going on or what is going to happen." I say and shrug my shoulders. "I canceled the cab that Leah called." He says and pushes his hand through his hair. "Why?!" "Because- I can't let her go back across the country hating me with everything she has in her." He says and gives me a look.

We both walk over to Leah and Ryan speaks up. "Leah." He says. She looks at him and folds her arms. "You just had to do it didn't you? Had to go fxck the only girl that I've brought home to meet you guys? You couldn't resist fxcking with the one thing that I had going for me that I was absolutely crazy about!!!" Leah snaps, getting loud. Ryan doesn't fight back, he just stands there and let's her yell at him. "Fxck you." She grits. "And Jennifer- you... I can't believe you did what you did." She says, I can hear her voice cracking like she wants to cry but she is so fxcking mad at the same time.

I don't say anything, I just stare at her. "I cancelled your cab." Ryan says. "Really? You're an ass." Leah grunts and pulls out her phone. Ryan snatches the phone from her hand and puts it in his pocket. He then grabs her suitcase and throws it into the back of his car. He motions for me to climb in so I do, "Leah, get in the fxcking car." Ryan says. "No!" She yells. "Leah. Please just get in the car. I'm taking you to the airport." He says. She rolls her eyes and gets into the backseat of the car.

Leah's POV

I have absolutely nothing to say to my brother at this point. He knew. I never bring anyone home to meet my family... so he knew I felt something real with Jennifer. I just can't believe he actually did what he did...

Ryan gets in and starts the car. Jennifer is sitting in the passenger seat and no one is saying anything.... Yet. "Leah, you can't be mad forever." Ryan says with one hand on the wheel and the other on his leg. "Wanna bet on that?" I say and fold my arms and stare out the window. "It meant nothing!" Jennifer chimes in. "Shut the hell up, Jen." I groan. Next thing I know, Jennifer is climbing over the center console and is now in the backseat with me. "Stop it Jennifer. The more I think about what you two did the more disgusted I am. This isn't gonna work. I can't be with someone knowing that they fxcked my brother." I say to her and look at her. "Please don't-" she pleads. "No, we need to just break this off. I cat just get over it." I tell her and look away from her.

"Leah." She says my name softly and I glance at her and see tears forming in her eyes. "I love you. Please don't throw this away. I can't lose you." She whispers. "You weren't thinking that while you were fxcking him." I say and glance up at Ryan, who is completely silent. Jennifer starts crying and I just look away, I can't watch her cry. "Just, when we get home- just leave it. Don't make this any more painful for yourself.... or me." I say softly. I feel her hand on my thigh and I swallow hard, trying to resist every urge that I have to hug her tightly.

-

We just landed in New York and we are about to get off of the plane. It's been quiet. Jennifer won't look at me or even acknowledge me. But that's okay because I don't want to deal with her right now. I'm still furious with her. "Here." I say and hand her her jacket. "I'll see you around." I say as I start to walk away from her. She takes it without making a peep.

Hours later I find myself in my apartment, thinking. I'm thinking about a lot of things, Jennifer, family, work.... I try to distract myself but it's not an easy task.

Jennifer's POV

I am in tears and I have been since I got back home. One little mistake has completely ruined everything with Leah. I lost her. She's gone. I'm single again. All because of one thing.

My phone rings and it's my brother. "Hello?" I answer, hiding the fact that I've been crying. "Open the door." He says and ends the call. "Shit." I whisper to myself and try to dry my face and hide the redness in my cheeks. I answer the door in my Nike sweatpants and little black tank top. My hair is in a messy bun and I have on absolutely no make-up. I see a dozen roses and then Rodrigo's head. I force a smile. "This is me trying to apologize for what I said to you before." He says. I take the flowers and laugh a little. It's at this moment that he notices I've been crying. "What happened?" He asks. I shake my head, not wanting to talk about it.

He comes in my condo and closes the door. I turn my back and walk to the kitchen and I start to cry again. Rodrigo follows me into the kitchen. I put the flowers down and put my elbows on the countertop and my head in my hands while I cry. I feel his hand on my back. "Come here." He tells me and pulls me into his chest for a hug. "What happened? Do I need to kick some guys ass?" He says, trying to put a smile on my face.

"I need to tell you something." I say to him and look up at him with tearss streaming down my face. "Okay..." He says and waits for what I'm gonna say next. "I'm bisexual...." I say and wait for his response.