Chapter 37- Put In Your Notice

Jennifer's POV

We walk into Rodrigo's home, the walls are solid white, black couches, and maybe two or three pictures on the wall. Typical single guy house I guess... Not very thought out or decorated.

"I'm gonna go change. Jen you can turn on the music or a movie or whatever." He says and trots up the stairs. I nod and wait until he disappears up the stairs. I look at Leah and smile. "How'd you like that kiss?" I whisper and drape my hands over her shoulders. "Hmm, it wasn't even that great." She teases and holds my waist. "How about this one?" I whisper and kiss her again, making sure it's even deeper than before.

"I don't hear music!" Rodrigo yells. I stop kissing Leah and I laugh. I kick my shoes off and turn on the music, letting Spotify choose the song. A song starts and I sit on the couch and motion for Leah to join me. She sits and I bite my lip. "Come here." I whisper. "Jen, stop. We aren't alone!" She giggles as I pull her down to me. I grin and kiss her, and by kiss her- I mean, shove my tongue as far into her mouth as possible without making her gag. I back off and grin at her. "You are a mean, mean, mean, and also very dirty person." She laughs and kisses me again. I giggle and she begins kissing my neck and then, Rodrigo. He comes around the corner and makes a gagging noise and then throws a pillow at us. I laugh and sit up.

"I though guys thought it was sexy when girls made-out?" I say and sit myself in Leah's lap comfortably. "It is... But not when one of then is my sister." He laughs and changes the song. "You need a girlfriend." I tell him as Leah runs her hand along my thigh. "What I need... Is for you two to not have sex on my couch." He says and gives me a look. "Come on, I wouldn't do that." I say and make a face.

Leah and Rodrigo both give me a look of "bullshit..." And I die laughing. "I wouldn't do it if you were here...." I say. He shakes his head and finds another song. "Have any food?" I ask him. "What do you want?" He asks and walks into his kitchen. "Fruit." I say loudly. He comes back with a bowl of strawberries and grapes and other things and he also has something behind his back that I cannot see.

"Thank youuuuu." I smile and bite a strawberry. Leah looks at me and laughs. "Feed me." She says. I giggle and do as she tells me. Rodrigo laughs and stares at me. "What's behind your back?" I ask him. He gets this look at my first instinct is to get up and run. I jump up and head for the stairs but her grabs my waist and picks me up with ease and carries me back to the couch.

"Leah. Pin her arms. " he says, laughing and struggling to keep me still. I laugh and then he does it... He pulls out a can of whipped cream and basically buries me in it. It's all over my face and I scream and laugh. "YOU ASS!" I yell. He laughs and falls on the floor. "I hate you." I say and start to wipe it off but Leah stops me. "No." She laughs and looks at me. I make a face and she giggles and licks my lips, taking the whipped cream.

My brother makes a gagging noise and then Leah giggles and kisses me, she sucks at my bottom lip as she pulls away. We bother start to laugh and my brother shakes his head at us. I sit up and reach for the can on the table and squirt more into my mouth and eat it.

The three of us hang out for a few more hours... And by a few more hours- I mean I look at the clock and it 12:00am. We are all sitting on the couch watching The Wolf of Wall Street... "We need to go." I say and slap Leah's thigh. "Yeah, it's late." She says and yawns. I stand up and stretch my arms over my head and Rodrigo nods. "Okay, be careful going home. Love you." He says and hugs me. "I will." I say back and reach for Leah's hand.

I take her hand and we go got into her car. "I'm so tired." I complain as she pulls out of our parking space. "I am too." She answers. We eventually make it home safely and we both get out. I again, hold a right grip on her hand and pull her into the elevator with me. The door closes and I lock our hands together and lean against her as she leans her body against the wall. "What happened with California?" I ask her. "What? The going for two weeks?" She asks me softly. "Yeah." "I'm still going to go... I just moved the trip around because of everything that happened." She says and releases one of my hands. She slides her hand under the back of my shirt and scratches my back lightly. "I don't want you to leave." I whisper and look at her. "You won't even know I'm gone." She says.

The doors open and we walk to my door. "Okay, I'll see you tomorrow after work." She says and leans in to kiss me. "Wait wait wait..." I say and refuse to kiss her. "You can't leave now. It's late baby... Just spend the night here." I beg her and make a pouty face. "Jen... I have a big job tomorrow... I really need to go home." she says and makes a face. "Pleaaaasse." I whisper. "Babe...." She says back, still fighting me on staying here. "I said... Please." I whisper and pull her close to me and grip her ass. She rolls her eyes. "Fine." She groans and kisses me. I smile and we walk inside.

I drag Leah upstairs and into my bedroom. "You're here so much my bed smells like you." I tease her and throw a t-shirt at her. She laughs and strips out of her clothes. "I hope that's a good thing." She laughs and takes off her bra. I grin and walk over to her. "It is." I whisper and put my hands on her hips. "Jen, it's nearly 1:00am. We can't have sex right now." She laughs and shakes her head. I roll my eyes and back away from her. "You're a loser." I say and put on a t-shirt and hop into bed. She laughs and puts her hair into a bun and climbs into bed with me. She reaches over and flicks her lamp off and then faces me.

She stars to play with my hair and it makes me even more sleepy honestly. She continues and I move to a more comfortable position, I wrap my arms around her lower stomach/waist area and lay my head on her stomach. "What am I? Your pillow?" She giggles. "Yes." I whisper back with a small laugh. "You're lucky that I love you...." She teases me. I smile and lift my head up. I reach over and turn my lamp off and with the dim light that shines in through my window, I lean over and kiss Leah. "I love you." I say and then peck her lips again. "I love you too." She whispers back to me.

I lay back down on her chest and go to sleep.

-

The alarm is way too loud. It's 6:30am... I don't even want to deal with today. "Leaaaahhhhh." I groan. "Uhhh-" she mumbles back. She gets up about five minutes later and I hear her open my closet and I know she's stealing one of my hoodies. "I'll see you after work." She whispers as she leans over the bed and kisses me. "Where are you going?" I ask her and open my eyes. "Baby, I have to go get a shower and get changed into my work clothes. I'll see you tonight, I promise." She says and leans down, puckering her lips. I peck her lips and smile. She leaves and I get another 30-45 minutes of sleep before I have to get up and go into work.

I've been thinking about it, quitting. I told myself i was going to put in my notice but I didn't. I wanna quit and move on but it's just- the timing is off.

-

I walk into work at 8:32am with a cup of coffee in my hand. I head straight towards my office, avoiding conversations with people at all costs. I make it to my office and sit down in my chair and start to work.

Then, I hear a knock. "Come in." I say. The door opens and I see my boss. I am a little shocked... I sit up straight and direct my attention to her. She's intimidating, pushy, bitchy, scary.... It's awful. She's in her mid-40's and has had more plastic surgery than all the Kardashian family, combined. "Mrs. Moreno... Come in." I say and stay calm.

"What can I do for you?" I ask politely. "You can be honest with me." She says in a stern voice... "excuse me?" I ask, very confused. "I've heard some things... People talking. All of which involve you. First of all, I heard that you are a lesbian." She says and just stares at me. "Then I heard that you're girlfriend has been here at the office visiting you...." She says, I can tell she's angry.

"Mrs-" I start. "No, I want a yes or no. Is this true?" "Y-yes." I say and swallow hard. "That's all. I think it's time you put in that notice you have been thinking about as well..." She says and leaves my office before I'm able to respond.