Chapter 28- Stop Talking

Jennifer's POV

It's 9:00pm and Leah isn't here, she dropped me off earlier and went back to her apartment. I'm laying in my bed staring up at the ceiling, not able to sleep because my mind is too busy thinking about other things. I have work tomorrow and I should really sleep but it's truly and impossible task.

"Go to sleep Jennifer." I say to myself and close my eyes. Apparently- this is all I needed because I fall asleep.

-

My sleep doesn't last long, it's interrupted at 2:00am. I sit up and I have this heavy feeling on my chest and I don't knew what's going on. I get out of bed and go into the bathroom and splash water on my face but it does nothing. I feel like crying but I can't even cry, I don't know what's going on. I feel like I'm having a panic attack or something.

I don't want to call anyone and wake them up but I'm scared to death right now.

I can't calm myself down and I'm about to burst into tears. I grab my phone and run out of my condo, not even getting shoes or locking the door behind me. I head into the dark parking garage attached I my building and get into my car. I drive down the dark and empty streets with tears dripping down my face. I get to Leah's and I get out and quickly go up the stairs to her building and to her floor. I knock on her door, hard and loud. I just want her. I don't know what the hell she's gonna do to make me feel better but I just want her to hold me.

She opens the door and she's half asleep, once she sees that it's me she rubs her eyes and just stares at me for a second. "Jen." She says and pulls me inside. "It's 2:00am! What the hell?!" "Leah, I need you." I say and hug her as tightly as I can, never wanting to take my arms from around her. "What happened?" She asks and pushes my messy hair out of my face. "I can't- I just - I don't know. Please just let me sleep here." I say and try to catch my breath. "You're sleeping here even if you didn't want to, come here." She says and takes me to her bedroom. I climb into her bed, it's warm because she's been laying here sleeping. She comes up and lays behind me, propping her head up with her elbow. "Shhh, just breath." She whispers and drags her fingertips over my arm. I close my eyes and manage to take a few deep breaths. I calm myself down  and Leah presses her lips against the back of my neck.

"Leah-" she won't let me speak. "Just go to sleep, we can talk about all of this in the morning." She says. I don't say anything further, I fall asleep.

-

Leah's POV

I wake up from what little sleep I managed to get at 6:00am... Jennifer is laying beside me sleeping. I feel terrible about last night- not because I did something wrong but just because I know she's going through some things right now and there isn't much I can do to help...

I know how stressed out and worried she is... So I decide to call into her office. I slip out of bed without waking her and go into the kitchen. I call her secretary and tell her jennifer isn't feeling well- not really thinking that anyone needs to know all of the details of the situation at hand. Once I get that straightened out, I find some pancake mix and make her some breakfast. It takes me a few attempts to get it right because I'm obviously not a very good cook.... But I finally get it right. I turn off my stovetop and creep back into the bedroom carrying two fluffy pancakes on a plate. I open the door and set the plate down and then climb into the bed beside Jennifer. I rub her back and she slowly begins to wake up. "Shit!" She squeals and tries to jump up quickly. "Wait!" I say and grab her arm. "LEAH! I'm gonna be late for work!" She says, looking panicked.

"I called them, I told them you're sick." I tell her. She looks at me and shakes her head. "Leah, I can't miss work." She says and you can honestly hear how stressed she is in her voice. "Jen, you need to take a day to relax. You're stressed out to the max, it's not healthy. Please, just take a second. Calm down and just give yourself a break." I tell her and make her sit down on the bed again. "I'm sorry I bothered you last night." She says. "Stop, you didn't bother me. We can talk about all of this after you eat... Okay?" I try to give her a small smile. She nods and I had her the plate.

I lay there on my back while she eats, she doesn't say much though- probably because her mind is somewhere else. Once she finally finishes I take her plate and put it back on my nightstand.

I sit up, leaning my back against the headboard and laying my legs out flat in front of me. I pat my thighs and Jennifer lays down and places her head in my lap. "Where do you wanna start?" I whisper and play with her hair. "I don't want you to feel like you're obligated to be my therapist Leah, really- I can leave if you want." She says. "I don't feel obligated to do anything. I want to do this. I want to be here for you... So can you please just talk to me?" She nods.

"Where do I begin?" She whispers, staring up at the ceiling. "Start with last night." I tell her. "I don't know what happened, I just woke up and I felt panicky and I started crying and- I just wanted to feel safe and like everything was gonna be okay... So I came here and yeah..." She says to me. "Why were you freaking out though?" I ask her. "Leah, so many reasons." She whispers. "Such as?" "Everything. Work, my mom lying to me, my dad, Rodrigo, you... It's building up and I can't stand it." "Well, I can tell you this right now. Take me off of that list. Don't worry about me, or us. We are fine. Okay? I'm not going anywhere. I love you way too fxcking much to leave you now." I tell her and continue to run my hands through her hair. "What about everything else?" "I know you, you'll be fine. You can always get through these things. I know how strong willed you are and you know I am always here to help you..." I tell her. "Leah, my mom lied to me. She's the reason I didn't have a father in my life..." She says and shakes her head. "That's a fxcked up situation Jen, and I'm sorry that you're going through it but baby... It's gonna be alright. It'll all work out and no matter what the outcome is, you've still got me." I smile at her. She grins a little and closes her eyes.

"I'm sorry... And I love you." She says and looks into my eyes. "Sorry for?" I ask her. "I'm sorry for coming over here and waking you up last night, and I'm sorry for being a pain in your ass, and I'm sorry for making you miss work today." She says. I laugh and nod, "it's okay... And you're my favorite pain in the ass." I tease her and put my hand on her stomach.

She smiles and I lean down and kiss her softly. We kiss again and I push my hand down her stomach and reach the waistband of her pants. "Mm- I can't." She says and puts her hand on mine, stopping me from going any farther. "Why?" I laugh. "I'm on my period." She says and makes a face. I back off and laugh. "But you aren't." She grins at me and bites her lip. I give her a look, and since I'm already conveniently laying in her lap I just say there. "Tell me what you want first, then I'll do it." She teases me. I lick my lips and looks up at the ceiling. "Don't even-" "don't even what? Tease you? Tell you I'm gonna eat your pu-" I cut her off. "Jennifer Lynn fxcking Lopez---" "Mm, you'd like that.... Wouldn't you?" She whispers in a seductive tone. I bite my lower lip hard and we stare at eachother for a second.

She brings her hands up to my face and traces her fingertips over my lips. I grin and wait to see what she is going to do next. "Don't you fxcking dare." I hiss at her. "What?" She grins and uses her other hand to grope my breast. "Huhh- fxck you." I grit and close my eyes. "Open your legs and stop talking."