The Twists

Rin's POV

After school Yukari and I waited for my mom to pick us up. Yukari decided that she would hang out at my house a bit and study for the test in her class. We had different schedules but I could still help her in a way. She agreed to help me too. It'll take a while now that my mom had a second job. So Yukari and I waited inside patiently and talked a bit to each other.

"What did Aoki tell you?" Yukari asked me. I wonder if I should tell Yukari. Maybe I should. Yukari was one of Aoki's friends anyways. "Aoki likes Piko. She said that after we ditched them Piko kissed Aoki," I said and Yukari nodded. But she was silent after I told her. I wonder what's wrong with her. But maybe I shouldn't bug her about it. Maybe Yukari's family had a feud with Piko's family. "So do you think Yuki and Oliver are dating?" I asked Yukari and she shook her head. "Yuki told me they were just friends." Yukari said and my mom pulled over and honked her car horn at us.

I decided to sit in the back with Yukari and my mom provides snacks for us. Oranges and fruits all that stuff. Yukari got an apple. I just got an orange. "So how was school girls?" Mom asked while driving and Yukari stayed silent while I was the one to answer. "It was good. Normal day at school. Oh and Aoki-" Yukari cut me off when I mentioned Aoki. "She is doing well in her tests. We would have invited her to study with us but she was busy. Student Council meeting," Yukari said and my mom nodded. "I'm so sorry Rin. About this morning. I just really needed this job and you father..." Mom trailed off and sighed. "Never mind. We're at home anyways," mom forced a smile and Yukari nodded and stepped off the car and got into my house.

I took out my books for class and she took out her's. Yukari was silent the whole time while we were studying. And I could hear my mom crying in her room. I started to worry about both of them. Dad isn't home either. Is he working literally 24 hours today? He's rarely home in the day. He's never home at night. Where could he be this time? Yukari was acting like a sad sack. Maybe it had to do something with Yuuma. Maybe she saw the two and were voted as "Best Couple" of the year. This is the first time that I'm not the sad sack and my family is acting like the odd ones and not me. "I'm going to check on my mom," I said and Yukari nodded and read her book on the couch. I rushed to my mom's room and knocked on the door. My other hand quivered in fear.

"Mom? Can I come in?" I asked and I heard a few sobs in there. "Rin? Yes of course you can come in!" I said and opened the door that made a slight creak sound. My mom's small trash bin was overflowing with tissues. Mom was looking in my dad's phone sadly and cried. I sat next to her on her bed and patted her back. "Mom what happened?" I asked her and she sniffed and handed me dad's phone. She was looking at the text messages of a girl named Kaya. And I couldn't believe what they were texting each other.

Rikuto (Dad's name): Hey babe

Kaya: Hey

Rikuto: Wife's sleeping. Want me to..come over? ;)

Kaya: Okay!! (ゝ。∂)

*18+ stuff*

I nearly dropped my dad's phone. Mom sobbed and cried her heart out. I was speechless. But I couldn't cry. I couldn't cry a single tear. "Why did it have to be your father? W-why couldn't it have been someone else?!" Mom said and laid on her bed facing sideways hugged her pillow. But why? Why was everyone that I knew effected with love? Yukari was depressed over Yuma, at least I think so. Mom is crying over my dad cheating. Aoki is happy and bubbly over Piko. That's about it. All of them are effected except for me. Maybe I was next? That's why I won't get in a relationship. I don't want to be hurt again. I looked at my mom who's eyes were filled with the saddest tears on the planet. Her pale blonde hair was messed up with tangles in her hair. But why would dad even do this? He was so loving and caring for me? I scrolled past all the 18+ stuff and my eyes grew wider when I saw something.

Kana: Are you sure you don't have kids?

Rikuto: Only a mute daughter and a bad son

Kana: Oh that sounds AWEFUL!!!

Rikuto: My daughter isn't even mute, actually. She talks RARELY. She's so anti-social that EVERYTIME I come back home from work there is always a bully note stuck to her back. I don't want a disappointment like her! And my son..he's in college. But EVERYTIME when he was in high school I would always have a conference with the principal. My children are disappointments.

Kana: Of course you could have new children (^ω^)

Rikuto: I plan to (ゝ。∂)

That was when my tears started to fall harder than rain on pavement. I couldn't believe, that Rinto and I were disappointments to our own father. When we were little, he would always say to try your best to be the best. He never said anything about being different is okay. I never knew...that my father would think about this nasty stuff about his own. I couldn't take this anymore. But I had to have some of my mom's pain. So she wouldn't feel the sting that much. But it hurt. Like being stabbed in the heart. My father chested on my mother. Called his own children disappointments. "R-Rinny. I want you to stop crying. I could have dealer with this alone, a-and..." Mom trailed off and broke into tears. "Mom. Y-you don't have to apologize. It wasn't your fault. It was dad's and that Kana girl," I said and tears continued to fall out of my eyes. Mom nodded. "I called my coworker. We can probably talk about the grown-up stuff while you can hang out with her son and daughter," Mom said and I nodded and wiped my tears. "I need some time alone, Rin," Mom said and I nodded and left her room.

Yukari saw me with her eyes widened. She quickly rushed to my side and put her hands on my shoulder. "Rin? Rin what happened!" Yukari said and my tears fell down again. "Rin speak to me! Did something happen with your mom?" Yukari asked and I nodded. "My dad cheated on her. A-and he called me and my brother a...." I trailed off and hugged Yukari tightly. I sobbed on her back and she patted my back. "He called you a what? Rin please I'm your friend!" Yukari said and pulled away from the hug to face me. "He called Rinto and I a d-disappointment," I said and Yukari looked shocked. "That man does NOT deserve to live someone as great as you Rin. Or as beautiful and kind as your mother," Yukari said with her facial expression as anger but then her face softened up. "And I guess...Piko doesn't deserve a heartbroken emo girl like me."

My eyes widened on shock too. Of course, I was still crying. But I never knew about Yukari's feelings about someone new. I'm glad that she got over Yuma, but Aoki liked Piko, too. And I hoped so much that my friends wouldn't be hurt again. But at this rate, it would be either one gets hurt or both get hurt. But I couldn't take it with one of them hurt. Yukari was one of my best friends. Yes, Aoki was a bit annoying, but she was still one of my friends, too. "Yukari. Piko's a nice guy-" "Rin he has Aoki," Yukari said and forced her tears back and made a facial expression and hid her pain well. But even I could see it. Because I understood her more than anyone else did. I was worried about Yukari. She may have been suicidal and she was already heartbroken. But Piko KISSED Aoki. I really don't want to say anything against both of them.

"Rin? Did I say too much?" Yukari asked and waved her hand in front of me. I blinked twice and shook my head. "No. Your fine, Yukari," I said and Yukari frowned. "Was Piko....the guy that broke your heart?" Yukari asked and I shook my head. "No but he had a third best friend. It was the rid one that hurt me," I said and Yukari nodded. "I was just concerned. Rin you were heartbroken too. You know how it feels," Yukari said and I nodded when someone knocked on the door.

Oh yeah I forgot. My mom's coworker was coming. So I answered the door and smiled at the slim lady with long, bright blonde hair tied into a ponytail and had green eyes with an olive tone of skin. "Hello Hana!" I said and greeted her. "Oh hello Rin! I'm sorry that my daughter couldn't come. So I brought my son. GET YOUR BUTT OVER HERE!!" Hana shouted back at the silver van where a guy with a loosely-tied ponytail came out and stood at Hana's side at her chest height. "This is Len. Len. Meet Rin," Hana said introducing her son to me. I was silent. As if I froze like a statue. Len smirked and looked the other direction. "I believe we already met, Dandere." He didn't call me "Dandere Trash Girl" like most people did. Just "Dandere" itself. His name matched his face. The pieces were coming together. But I stood in place like I wasn't a living organism. My eyes wide in shock. My cheeks pink remembering everything. "L-Len..." Was all I managed to say. I only managed to say his name. My only movement was my quivering lips and hands. My breathing and blinking. Besides that I was absolutely still. It was him. The one that hurt me.

FINALLY THE LEN KAGAMINE IS INTRODUCED PROPERLY!!!!!!