Gone Wrong

Rin's POV

Finally I heard a loud doorbell outside. I answered it and Yuki stood in front with a pink skirt and a yellow sweater on and her hair in two short pigtails. "Ready?" Yuki asked and I nodded and walked with her to the mall where we met up shortly by Oliver and Piko. "Hey where's Len?" I asked and Piko shrugged. "He didn't come. Len said that he went to his Auntie's house again," Piko said and I nodded. Kaya..... "Hey don't be so down because Len's not here!" Yuki said and nudged me with her elbow. I rolled my eyes and stood there. "Aoki is meeting up with us later. She said that her mom ungrounded her," Oliver said. "And what about Yukari?" I asked and Yuki shook her head. "Still grounded. Come on Rin! Before all the dresses run out and we'll have to wear pajamas to the dance!" Yuki said and tugged on my arm and she started running to a dress store. I even had to chase after her just to slow her down.

When we finally got there, everything was filled with flashy, bright colored dresses that Yuki looked at it like heaven. She came to a sudden stop and walked in. "Nice to see you again, Yuki," a girl behind the counter said and Yuki waved. "You too, Kinu!" She said and started to look around. "Oh. And Oliver wants us to all meet up at the arcade around 7," Yuki said and I shook my head. "I can't go. Mom wants me to be here by 7," I said and Yuki crossed her arms and raised one eyebrow. "Rin. Do you want to see your mom beating up your dad and then your only escape is jumping in a pool where you will drown and Len will end up being the superhero of the day? Oh I get it. You want to drown so Len can save you and you hope to do mouth to mouth," Yuki said and I clenched my fists to prevent me from blushing. "Yuki. No. Look I'll prove it to you. I'll text my mom that I'll stay at your place a little later," I said and grabbed out my phone from my pocket and did as I said I would.

Rin: Mom? I'm going to be staying at Yuki's place a little late.

Mom: Okay sweetie. As long as theirs no boys. I'm going to be gone then. So I hope you have your house key.

Rin: Yeah I do. Thanks mom!

Mom: No problem.

Yuki giggled when I ended the text. "What?" I asked her and she just kept laughing. "Oh nothing. You only wanted to prove it to me to hide your feelings for Len," Yuki said and giggled again. I shook my head and bit my lip to prevent a smile. "Oh look! Aoki's here!" Yuki said pointing out the window. Oddly I looked and saw Aoki. She waved at me smiling cheerfully and I waved back. But when I looked back at Yuki, she had the paper plane in her hands. "'What a beautiful voice you have. What beautiful fingers. I may be sick in a dream, but this is reality. I may be poor in a dream, but I feel rich with happiness in reality if you would be kind enough to go to the winter dance with me?' Awe Rin! Len wrote this? It's so cute!" Yuki said and my face was red then I snatched it away from her. "Yuki...." I said and Aoki was all of a sudden behind me. "He's so sweet I could just imagine him as candy!" Aoki said and I folded the paper plane carefully and put it back in my bag. "Come on, we came here for dress shopping," Yuki said and Aoki and Yuki scattered around the store while I stayed at the same spot carefully looking at each one.

I found one. I guess. It was a cute strapless bright yellow dress. It was sort of short but it covered about half of my knees. It had a white sash with it and the back had the sash tied into a bow. "Rin! Len's going to love it!" Yuki said and I shook my head. "Yuki. We're going as friends," I said and Yuki nodded and did a fake zipping thing with her mouth. So we all bought our dresses and went to the food court. Yuki and Aoki were blabbering about the dance again. I sat silent and ate an orange. "Kaito and Meiko look so CUTE together! For sure they're going to be voted the king and queen!" Yuki said. "No! For sure it's Gakupo and Luka! I voted for them," Aoki said. "I actually voted for Rin and Len," Yuki said that last part a little quieter. "Say, Rin? Who are you voting for?" Aoki asked facing me. "Yuki and Oliver," I said smiling and Yuki's cheeks were pink. "Oliver and I are a thing now," Yuki said and Aoki gasped. "Seriously? Out of the friend zone?" Aoki asked and Yuki nodded. "I'm happy for both of you," I said smiling and ate my last slice of orange and threw away my peels.