Emotional Outburst

Len's POV

Maybe I should go now. It smells like the doctor's office. Oh wait, it is the doctor's office. I started walking down the hallway when someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around to look at who it was. Mikuo. He had a few bandages wrapped around his arm but not enough to be in a cast. So he wasn't that injured. "Mikuo. Hi," I said glumly.

"I can't believe I'm saying this. Or that she said this. But Rin wants to see you."

When Mikuo said that my heart started beating faster than a bullet. I felt like it was going to burst. She got my paper plane? The message? But I didn't say much in it. What was it that I said that would make Rin actually want to see me? But seeing her hurt, yet at the same time with someone else. Could I stand to see her again? But if I couldn't, would Rin be hurt again?

"Where is she?" I asked. Mikuo nudged my arm. "Hey. She's my girlfriend," Mikuo said with a straight face. I panicked a bit in my mind. Mikuo soon smiled and put a hand on my shoulder. "You thought I was going to kill you or something! Ha! You guys are cousins. That would be incest. Come on her room's this way," Mikuo said laughing and lead me to a room.

We aren't related.....

Before I knew it we were in front of Rin's door. This was it. I would see her. My heart started beating fast and fast. Slowly I twisted the doorknob and took my first step inside, a tiny baby step. I clenched my fists and inhaled sharply. This was it. I was going to see Rin. Should I tell her that we're not cousins? Should I just hold it in so she could be happy with Mikuo? I wanted to tell her. So many things that I kept quiet for two years. But what would she answer?

"Len's here," Mikuo said. Then I saw Rin in a hospital bed. With her beautiful face. Even with a cut on her cheek. And a bandage on her forehead. She was still beautiful. I couldn't stop staring into those cerulean blue eyes and her kind yet shy smile. "H-Hi," I said nervously and Rin laughed innocently. Like I never hurt her. "Your acting weird! It's funny in a way," Rin said and giggled. I felt my cheeks turn pink. Her laugh. Her smile. Everything.

"If you want I could leave you two alone. Family to Family," Mikuo said and my eyes widened in shock when I heard the door shut and Mikuo wasn't behind me. Okay this made it a teeny bit awkward. Remember Len. You have to play as her cousin. I walked closer to Rin until I was at the left side of her hospital bed. She was sitting up chewing on an orange.

"So, you wanted to see me?" I asked her and Rin nodded and smiled. "Your acting so nervous! Like your meeting a celebrity! Come on, Len I'm your cousin!" Rin said and it was that last word again that made my heart burn. "Anyways, we've been ignoring each other for TWO YEARS. Then you sent me this paper plane. The message was very...." Rin trailed off and her smile faded.

"Awkward?" I said continuing and Rin nodded and smiled again. "You know, it's funny. I used to like you at some point. And you happen to be my cousin! How crazy is that?" Rin asked and laughed. I forced a laugh. But I couldn't take that as a joke. I wasn't her cousin. And he said she liked me at some point. My heart was burning and beating fast at the same time. The bursting feeling stayed in me.

"Anyways back to what I said earlier, I was wondering. If I could have a second fresh start. Like the one I gave you once. You know, I could think of you as my twin brother! And Piko and Oliver miss you, they've been texting about you like crazy. So what do you say?" Rin asked in her sweet voice.

My heart was about to burst. As family. I got the third chance I got. But it wasn't exactly what I wanted. She still thought if me as her cousin. As a family member. I wanted to tell her. Tell her how much pain I felt for two years. FOUR to be exact. But somewhere I the middle of those four years was when she gave me a second chance. And I blew it. I blew it I blew it I blew it. My head was spinning with confusion. My heart was pumping with emotions. My tears. My tears were flowing.