Ends It

Rin's POV

When Len left I had a bad feeling in me. Maybe he didn't get accepted. All of a sudden my phone started ringing. It was from Len. I picked up my phone and answered it.

"R-Rin I..." Len said in a sort of glum and sad tone. "Why Len what happened?" I asked him. "I-I didn't get in," Len said. I knew it. That bad feeling in me, it was about Len. "Huh? Why? That's horrible!" I said and Len coughed. "Hey are you okay?" I asked him. "I'm fine. Just a little sad," Len said and started hacking.

"L-Len! You don't sound okay!" I said with concern. "N-No Rin I'm-" Len cut himself off with his own coughs and hacks. "I'm fine," Len said and sneezed. "Bless You. I'm going there right away, okay?" I said and didn't wait for Len to tell me not to. I grabbed my back and walked out of my house and told my mom where I was going.

I knocked on Len's door and his sister happened to answer that. "Hi is Len home?" I asked and Lenka nodded. I stepped into the building and knocked on his door. Where I heard the same coughing and hacking on the phone. "L-Len! Len it's me! Come on ANSWER THE DOOR!!" I yelled and kept knocking. I twisted the doorknob. It was locked.

"LEN!!" I yelled and slowly the door creaked and opened by an inch. I stepped in and saw a puddle of blood with Len covering his mouth. There were no weapons. But he was coughing blood.

(One leaf-lit summer afternoon,
you collapsed from illness
Our poor married life
couldn't afford the medicine to cure it)

The dream? It happened there! But, why now. "Rin how is Len doi- OH MY GOD WHAT HAPPENED?!" Len's mom asked and covered her face in horror. "I-I'm....ok..." Len said not before coughing again spewing blood out of his mouth. "LENKA GET THE CAR READY!! RIN YOUR COMING WITH US!!!" Len's mom said carrying Len like a baby. It looked like he couldn't walk, either.

I sat in the back with Len and Lenka was driving while Ken's mom sat in the front. "J-Just hang in there Len," I told him and stroked his blonde hair. "Here," Len's mom said handing me a paper bag. Len started coughing again. I handed him the paper bag and from the bottom I saw blood.

I wasn't afraid of blood. At least by a little. It just smelled horrible. That's all. "Drive faster!" Len's mom yelled at Lenka. She stepped on the pedal and we were going at the speed of 80 on the freeway. Thank God there were no cops.

"R-Ri....." Len said trying to say my name. But ended up coughing and hacking again and threw up in the paper bag again. "We're here!" Lenka said. Len's mom picked up Len and walked into the hospital. Len was sent to the emergency right away and suggested for Lenka, his mom, and I to wait outside.

I was worried. I was tapping my feet and tapping my nail on the armrest while sitting down. I was quaking in fear. What if he...dies? I can't think of a life without him. I honestly can't. "Rin," Len's mom grabbed my hand and stopped me from doing what I was doing with my hands and feet. "He's going to be okay. The doctors will find out what's wrong with him and cure him," his mom said and I inhaled deeply.

I stopped quivering and shaking just for a little bit. I couldn't stop thinking about Len. If anything happens to him I won't be able to live with myself. I waited for an hour completely pale with fear. Then the doctor told us to come in.

Slowly I got up still shaking and went inside. Len was okay. At least he looked okay. "Mrs. Kagamine your son is fine. He'll rest here overnight. He's still able to go to prom. But he still needs to take one pill of medicine each day. Come see me in two months and I'll check on how he's been progressing," the doctor said with a clipboard in his hand.

"So...he's still sick?" Mom asked. "I'm afraid so. If he goes to prom make sure he doesn't kiss anyone," the doctor paused to look at me. I looked away blushing faintly. "I'm just kidding. He has to take his pill an hour before the prom then he can do whatever he wants. The effect goes on for a full 12 hours but it needs one hour to last that effect," the doctor said and handed my mom an address to get the medicine.