Together Again

Len's POV

"Len honestly, I couldn't get over you. I thought that Mikuo would heal my pain. He healed only half of it. It just, there was something missing. I wasn't made fun of anymore, I had my friends, I had Mikuo, I got over my dad cheating, I have a caring mom and brother. I thought I was complete. But even a huge chunk of pain was left. It took me two years to realize that, you were the one missing," Rin said.

I was surprised to what she just said. This whole time I thought she was over me completely. I never got over her. I thought I was the only one with this pain of mine. I scooted next to her a little bit. About an inch. Rin's face flushed red.

"But Len, I don't want to hurt Mikuo. He's been through a lot for me and I don't want him to get hurt. I don't want to hurt anyone but he didn't completely fill in the hole in my heart," Rin said. Hesitantly I grabbed her hand and intertwined her fingers with mine. I reacted calmly. But Rin was blushing with embarrassment.

"I want to be whole again. I want to be my happy self I was before all this Drama life in high school started," Rin said and a tear glistened from her blue eyes. "It hurts! Why is it so hard to deal with?! Why do I have to feel this way?" Rin asked and borked down into tears. I understood her completely. Just took me a little more time than I thought to know she was going through the same pain as me.

"I wish my life was normal! I wish I was a happy girl instead of a stupid Dandere who's known for getting trash dumped on her head!" Rin yelled ranting and ranting about how she wanted a fresh start for herself. Tears started flowing from her eyes falling from her face like rain from a cloud.

"I wish I could be reborn. As a different person. Not like the girl I am now," Rin said. I was shocked with her last wish. "Rin. If you were someone else, you wouldn't have the friends you have now. You wouldn't have been the smartest and class. You wouldn't have been this girl brave enough to go through all the pain she just went through," I said to her. Rin broke down into a sob.

I tried to comfort her. But she wouldn't stop crying. All of a sudden she ended up in my arms embracing me tightly as she sobbed and sobbed. But it was okay with me. If I were her, I would do the same. Gently I stroked her blonde hair and embraced her back.

"I love you, Rin. Nothing's going to ever change that," I whispered in her ear gently. All of a sudden Rin had stopped crying. It was sudden.

It wasn't long before she whispered words in my ear. "I love you too, Len," she said and I looked at her. Face to face. She was smiling despite her red eyes and the tears she was still trying to wipe away. She smiled. The kind smile I still remember that she greeted me with during freshman.

We sat on the ground again with our backs leaning against lockers. Our fingers intertwined together. "Hey Rin?" I asked her and she turned to look at me with a kind expression. "Yes?" She asked sweetly.

"What would happen if I kissed you?" I blurted out and Rin covered her mouth with one hand trying to hide her redness.

Rin started stuttering. "Wait, w-what? N-Now? I mean, well it seems like a awkward situation but-" I cut her off and kissed her on the lips with my hand on her cheek. Honestly, I've been wanting to do that. And I have no regrets doing it. I almost felt like I couldn't let go of her. Like we were stuck in a different world of happiness.

When I was able to let go. I saw her face blushing a furious red. I chuckled a little. "What? Am I a bad kisser or something?" I asked and Rin covered her mouth again with her face panicky. She shook her head.

"T-That's not the reason. It's just that I don't know how my mom will react, my brother, Mikuo, etc.," Rin said. "Come on you must have kissed Mikuo a thousand times by now!" I said and Rin shrugged. "I wouldn't say THAT many times," Rin said. "I-It's just that this kiss is....different," Rin said saying the last part slowly.

"Oh so I am I good kisser!" I said triumphantly and laughed. All of a sudden I heard a knock on the door. All of a sudden I heard a key turn and the entrance was open. "Mom!" Rin said and ran up to hug the woman with a key. "I'm friends with the principal. Are you two okay?" Mrs. Kagamine asked and the two of us nodded.

"Hey your Hana's kid Len! How's your mom doing?" Mrs. Kagamine asked. "She's doing good. She's busy at work, but besides that she's good," I said and Mrs. Kagamine nodded. "I'm going to walk home," I said and Rin got in her car and her mom started driving. I took a last look at her beautiful face. Then I looked back where I was walking and smiled. But it was freezing cold outside! Wait a second, Rin has my jacket.

I guess that was fine with me. She'll bring it back tomorrow. I sighed and ran to my house quickly before I died from this cold. I know I said I was used to it and everything, but it depends on the temperature. I got out my house key and unlocked the door to my house. I found mom in the kitchen making dinner. "Your late," mom said.

"You won't believe me but I got locked in at school," I said to her and mom nodded. "Okay. Go and call Lenka. Dinner's almost ready," mom said as if she didn't care about what I just said. I just did what mom told me to do and called Lenka for dinner.

"Dinner's ready!!!!" I called into her room. Lenka groaned and opened her door stomping her feet in the hallway and walked into the kitchen and ate dinner. Stew with a side of banana bread.

After dinner I went to my room and did my homework when my phone started buzzing. It wasn't from Rin like I hoped it would be. But it was from Piko.

"Hey Len. We're having that meeting at my house," Piko said. "Yeah okay," I said and grabbed my house key and hung up and told my mom and Lenka where I was going. "Okay just make sure to be back soon," mom said and I nodded and left the house. I knocked on Piko's door and Rin answered the door. Everyone was there. I guess I was the latest one.

When I saw Rin's face my heart started beating like crazy. "Hi," Rin said calmly. "Hi," I said trying not to stutter and went inside the house.

"So I called you over to talk about Rin and Len," Piko said and Rin and I glanced at each other and looked back at Piko. What did he want now?

"Prom's coming up. And Len doesn't have anyone to go with. Therefore he can't go to prom," Aoki said. I glanced at Rin again. She looked at me awkwardly.

Prom. Why did I always have to talk to these people about prom? "I can take Lenka," I said and they bursted out in laughter. "Or...Rin...." I said slowly and they stopped laughing all of a sudden.

"Wait...." Yukari trailed off and pointed her index finger at the both of us. "Rin did you break up with Mikuo?" Yukari asked her and Rin shook her head and after that nodded. "Well, I'm planning to," Rin said. They all gasped.

"Which means..." Yuki trailed off. "Yeah. It means exactly what I think your thinking," I said to Yuki and she gasped. "You two...are dating," Aoki said. I looked at Rin for a second and she shrugged. "I wouldn't call it dating," Rin said.

"You two are in a relationship," IO said and Rin nodded. "Yeah. I guess that's the word," Rin said. I smiled at her. And I still haven't asked her to prom yet. Mikuo's still in the picture. I can't blame Rin. It's hard to break up with someone. But how will everyone react?

Phew that was a hard chapter to make! Even though it was short. Yay RinXLen back together again! Still not the end. There's still prom! And Rin has to break up with Mikuo! But how will he react? How will Rin's mom and brother react? How will EVERYONE react?! FIND OUT THE NEXT CHAPTA!!!!!

Btw I'm going to start updating really slow starting August 27. Like twice a week. Saturdays and Sundays. So I'm going to try and finish the book BEFORE that so you can see the ending WITHOUT having to wait for a fricken long time!!!!