Memories at the Mall

Rin's POV

After I did my homework my phone started ringing. I picked it up. It was from Aoki. "Hello?" I called in it. "Hey can I talk to you about Iroha?" Aoki asked. I looked at my window to see if Len was still there. He wasn't. I shut my doors locked. I didn't want him thinking that I was jealous.

"Okay," I said slowly an Aoki inhaled deeply and started talking at a fast speed. "I caught her flirting with Piko when we were studying," Aoki said in a frantic tone. At least now I have no reason to be jealous now. But I'm worried about Aoki. "Look that's all I can say. I have to go now, bye," Aoki said hanging up suddenly. I picked up an SAO manga and started reading it until someone knocked on my door. It could only be mom. Since Rinto moved out. Plus, he doesn't knock.

"It's open!" I said and the door creaked open. It was mom and she had a smiling face. "Hey you look sad," mom said and sat on my bed and gave me a worried look. "It's just Aoki. She's having problems," I said which was true. "Problems on what?" Mom asked. "Piko. This girl is flirting with him," I said almost sounding cold. "Okay. So prom's coming up. How about we go shopping to buy you a new dress?" Mom said and I nodded and bookmarked my manga.

"Maybe we should buy you something teal-colored, you know? Mikuo always seems to wear something teal," mom said and I frowned. I'm glad that Rinto kept his promise. But thinking about Mikuo makes my heart shatter again.

*flashback*

"Mikuo I'm breaking up with you."

In an instant right after I said that Mikuo's smile faded. He looked at me with a cold look in his eyes. "It's Len isn't it? He's not really your cousin," Mikuo said and slowly I nodded. There was a long pause. I was waiting for his response. All of a sudden he broke into a loud laughter.

"You know Rin your an idiot sometimes even for the smartest girl in class," Mikuo said chuckling and I looked at him puzzled. Idiot?

"See you don't even know what I'm talking about! I only dated you so that Miku can have Len," Mikuo said and my eyes widened which brought me to tears.

"M-Mikuo I thought that..." I trailed off in my own tears. Mikuo just continued laughing. "Well you thought wrong! Since Miku cheated on Len with someone else, bye-bye Rin!" Mikuo said waving a goodbye to me with no feelings in it at all. He even opened the door so I could leave. I walked outside and even then I could hear Mikuo's laughter. I tried to wipe my tears away. But no.

"Rin?" Someone all of a sudden called out my name behind me. At first I didn't want to look. Then I whirled around to look behind me. It was Len. I looked at him with my eyes teary and he had a concerned look on his face. "Rin what happened?" Len asked.

I ran up to hug him tight and buried my face in his chest and he rested his chin on the top of my head. He cared about me. Unlike Mikuo. I felt Len run his fingers through my hair. My tears lessened by a little. "M-Mikuo He...." I trailed off. It was too painful to explain. I stopped crying. At least a little. "Rin you can tell me anything," Len said and released me from the hug and smiled.

I wiped my stupid tears and I was able to explain everything clearly. Len's smile was wiped off his face when I said "He Used Me" then I started to sniffle a little. "Rin he wasn't worth it," Len said and laced his fingers with mine. He used his other hand to wipe a remaining tear from my face. I felt myself turn red.

*end of flashback*

"Rin? Did you doze off or something?" Mom asked and waved a hand in front of my face. I shook my head. Reverting myself back to reality. "Yeah. Can I get something yellow still?" I asked her. Mom sighed and nodded.