Just One More Day

Len's POV

*time skip*

My stupid alarm clock starting ringing. I groaned and punched the snooze button. I got up and did everything to get ready. Mom was at her work early so I picked up a granola bar and ate it while walking to school. Just one more day. Then prom. Just two more weeks. Graduation. I applied for a college already. I haven't gotten any results yet.

"Len!" Rin called out to me from a distance. I could barely see her. But I waved back to where I saw her standing when I walked closer. She waved back smiling brightly. I'm glad to see her that she wasn't hurt. At least. I sighed and walked over to where she was at.

"One more day before prom," Rin said calmly. We started walking together. "Yeah," I told her in a not too happy tone. Just neutral. Before I knew it we were at the school gates. I stepped inside and put my hands in my pockets. I looked around for Piko and Oliver but they weren't there.

I tapped on Aoki's shoulder. I noticed that Yuki wasn't here, too. "What?" Aoki asked me. "Have you seen Oliver and Piko?" I asked Aoki. She nodded and pointed inside the building. All of a sudden the school bell rung and I went inside.

I got out my books so I won't forget them later. Instead of going straight to class I looked for Oliver and Piko who were in the music club.

"There there Mr. Hiyama," Piko said. I heard some crying. "My little angel's all grown up! Going to a fancy college! Take care of her," Mr. Hiyama said and sniffled. "I will," Oliver said. "Dad I'll visit during vacations," Yuki said. Mr. Hiyama stopped crying and started sniffling again.

"Promise?" He asked. "Promise," Yuki said. Mr. Hiyama bursted into cries again. "Come on Mr. Hiyama you still have a class to teach!" IO said. "Your right. I'm sorry," Mr. Hiyama said and the doors bursted open with four students and one adult coming out of it. I wonder if I'm going to feel like that. When Rin and I separate.

I walked back to my class where Mr. Hiyama was still sniffling. I ignored it like I didn't know what just happened. "Okay class open you textbooks to page...." He started talking on and on. I did as he said and once again. A boring class would start.

*after school*

There was no practice. Nothing interesting happened at lunch. It was the same boring thing over again. Rin said that all of us would hang out at her house, since Rinto isn't home Mrs. Kagamine doesn't mind. I pressed on the doorbell which was quickly answered by Rin.

When I went inside I was the latest one that came. Again. "So..what should we do?" Yukari asked. All of a sudden the doorbell rang. Rin was the one who answered. I followed her behind. It was a mailman. "Um, mail to Rin Kagamine?" He asked. Rin nodded and the mailman gave her a fancy-looking envelope.

"Congrats," the mailman said and walked off. I closed the door behind her. Rin looked surprised. "What is it?" Aoki asked curiously. Rin opened the envelope carefully and read the letter.

Dear Rin Kagamine,

Congratulations on making it into this school. We happily accept you being one of us on the student campus. Please come by any time you are ready. We hope you will have a great time at this school.

Sincerely,

The School Head of Voca Academy

"Huh, that's weird. I applied for that school," I said and Rin looked at me with tears of joy in her eyes. She ran up and hugged me tight. "I GOT IN!!!!" Rin said screaming with joy. "T-That's great!" I said happily. I hoped that I got in. I can't believe we applied for the same school!

"We need to throw a party for you! To celebrate!" Yukari said and the others nodded in agreement. "I'll get the oranges!" Aoki said rushing into the kitchen. "GAAH!! I'm so happy for you Rin!" Yuki said running up to her and hugging her when Rin released me. I couldn't believe she got in.

"I'll get the games!" Piko said rushing out of his house and started running to his house. "Hey, Len?" Rin asked and looked at me starry-eyed. "Yes?" I asked her smiling. "I hope you get in," Rin said resting her head on my shoulder. I sighed and nodded. "I hope I do get in. Just that I want to see you," I said to her and kissed her again.

"L-Len?" Rin asked when I stopped. "Yeah?" I asked her. "What of you...don't?" Rin asked me. My smile faded. Clearly I was just average. I don't know if I actually will make it in. "I don't know. B-But I'll try," I said and Piko came back from his house with controllers and games in his hand. Aoki came back with piles of oranges in a bowl.

We started gaming while snacking on oranges. Piko and Oliver won. As usual. But they let Rin win one round since she was the celebrant. Everyone started leaving one by one. And I was the last one to leave Rin's house.

I started sprinting of my house filled with excitement. Maybe my application results will come back today! When I got home I bumped into the mailman. "Are you, Len Kagamine?" The mailman asked and I nodded giving me the same fancy-envelope that Rin got. Instead of saying "Congrats" like he did to Rin, he said nothing at all.

"MOM!! LENKA!!" I yelled in the kitchen. "Your late agai- OH MY GOD IT'S YOUR APPLICATION!!" Lenka said dropping everything and putting her hands over her mouth in shock. Carefully I opened the envelope and read what was inside while mom and Lenka crowded around me reading it with me.

Dear Len Kagamine,

We're terribly sorry that the board didn't approve of your application. We took a look at your school records and saw that you were unqualified. We're terribly sorry. I hope that you'll be better next time.

Sincerely,

The School Head of Voca Academy

"Len, honey I'm so sorry," mom said and put her hand on my shoulder. I forced a smile. "It's fine. There are other schools, right?" I said and stormed off into my room

Sorry for the short chapter! I was just rushing. *sigh* I have too much ideas in my head hat I can't tackle one by one. I'll just have to deal with it. One more chapter, and it's all over! I'm Sorry. This is my last....

SeeYa in the next Chapta!!!