Chapter 41:

Once me, Tonks and Lupin left the room we immediately jumped into the fight. I don't know how, but somehow we got separated and now I was fighting by myself. I was using my wand but at some point just my claws grew and I was able to injury people with my bare hands. The whole battle was a blur, it was dodge, scratch, spell, repeat. This lasted for Merlin knows how long when all of a sudden a voice played in my head so loud that I had to cover my ears but I realized it was coming from inside my mind.

"You have one hour. Dispose of your dead with dignity. Treat your injured. If you want no more magical blood spilled give me Harry Potter and Jennifer Taylor. Once I have those two this war can be over. Come find me in the Forbidden Forest, Harry Potter and Jennifer Taylor. I will be waiting."

Once the voice faded away I uncovered my ears. Voldemort. That must have been the voice. How does he know I'm here? You didn't really make a discreet entrance, I reminded myself. I watched as all the deatheaters started to retreat towards the Forbidden Forest and everyone else helped injured people towards the Great Hall. I helped a stranger limp towards the Great Hall and set him down where someone could help him. My eyes scanned around the Great Hall, looking for familiar faces in the crowd of dead and mourners. I saw a group of redheads all huddled together and instantly knew it was the Weasley family. They were all crying and I saw someone laying on the ground next to their feet, but I couldn't tell who it was.

I looked away, knowing if I continued to watch them crying, I'd cry myself. I continued scanning the people. Then I saw them. I looked closer, praying that it wasn't them but I knew it was them.

"No." I whispered and ran over to them.

I knelt next to Tonks and Lupin and started to shake them hysterically.

"No, please, not you guys too. Please, I can't lose you guys too." I whimpered, not believing they were dead. I had just seen them less than an hour ago!

Tears streamed down my face and I hugged their cold bodies, whimpering sorrows and regrets. They had just had a child for gods' sake! They can't be gone, Harry's too young to already be a father (Tonks and Lupin and kept me updated on everything while I was gone, including their son and how Harry was his godfather). I don't know how long I sat there, trying to bring warmth back into their bodies when someone placed their hand on my shoulder. I tensed and looked up.

Harry stood over me. His glasses chipped and hanging low on his nose. His dark hair was sticking up in different places and his face was splashed with mud and blood. His tattered clothes were also filthy and his eyes were filled with so much sadness I knew he had seen one too many deaths. I wonder if my eyes mirrored his. He looked past me at Tonks and Lupin and his face screwed with sadness. I stood up and hugged him, knowing he was as close with Tonks and Lupin as I was. No words were exchanged as we hugged for another minute before pulling away.

"When and how did you get here?" Harry asked, eyeing my outfit.

"I got here about an hour ago and Buckbeak gave me a ride. Tonks made me this outfit" I explained and felt a stab in my heart when I said Tonk's name.

"I thought you were at Beauxbatons." Harry said.

"I was." I slightly smiled.

Harry gave me a small smile. "Well I don't like that you're here but it's really good to see you."

I nodded. "It's good to be back."

"I have to show you something." Harry said. "It's about Snape."

When Harry said that name anger boiled in the pit of my stomach. "What about that backstabbing son of a bitch?" I asked, my voice coming out like more of a growl.