Chapter 33:

Draco and I got thrown back into the dungeon and this time I was too exhausted to put up a fight. Draco and I just pulled ourselves over to a wall and leaned against it and each other. I leaned my head against his shoulder and he leaned his head on mine.

"Draco, I can't get the Dark Mark. It'll be like throwing everything my grandfather believed in back in his face and laughing. I can't betray him like that. Draco-"

"Shh" Draco pressed a kiss to my temple. "I will do everything in my power to not let that happen, even though lately that hasn't been working out the way I planned..."

"We have our wands, we can just apparate out!" I exclaimed, my heart swelling with hope.

"We can't. Down here our wands are utterly useless. Only house elves can use magic down here."

I sighed, the hope dissolving, leaving me deflated and exhausted.

"Then what can we do?" I whispered.

"Next time they come for us, we'll just fight our way through and then I'll distract them while you escape-"

I cut Draco off. "There is no way I'm going to leave you here alone. You failed your mission, Voldemort is going to kill you. Frankly I'm surprised that he hasn't killed you yet."

"He needed me to get to you. But now that he's got the information out of you..." Draco trailed off.

"Exactly. If anyone should be distracting it should be me."

"I'm not leaving you."

"We don't have to leave each other. We've gone through hell to be together and I don't know about you, but I don't want to leave your side." I said and took a hold of Draco's hand.

"Of course the last thing I want to do right now is leave you. But if it'll keep you safe, there's no question, I'll do anything."

"This whole year all you've done is stay away from me to keep me safe, I think we're past safe. Let's just promise each other not to leave each other's side." 

"Deal."  Draco squeezed my hand.

I smiled and closed my eyes. Exhaustion hung on me like a thick blanket and there was nothing I could do to shake it. Draco, seeming to sense my exhaustion, laid my head on his lap.

"Sleep, luv. I'll wake you if anyone comes." Draco whispered.

He brushed my bangs out of my eyes and kissed my forehead. I nodded and let sleep consume me.

****

The sound of bangs and distant spells being thrown woke me up from my dreamless slumber. I opened my eyes, groggily and heard Draco groan sleepily.

"So much for waking me up if anyone comes." I slightly smiled.

"I closed my eyes for two seconds." Draco said defensively.

I giggled and kissed his cheek. "I sure it was." I teased.

We heard a bang on the door and we both tensed up. I pulled out my wand out of instinct, even though my magic won't work. Draco and I slowly got to our feet and Draco also pulled out his wand. The door to the dungeon banged open and I said a spell. I was surprised to see that the spell worked and ropes coiled out of my wand and shot at the person coming through the door.

I heard a masculine yell. A familiar yell. I walked towards the door and almost burst into tears when I saw the familiar faces of Tonks and Lupin. Lupin was laying in an awkward heap on the floor, ropes twisted around him. Tonks stood above him, in all her multi-colored hair glory, with her wand pointed. Once they saw it was me Tonks lowed her wand.